Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

What's the deal with DK battle-rez?

Ok, first off, I think the whole DK/warlock battle rez is a great idea. Not every raid has a druid, especially 10 mans. So, now that its finally out, what the HECK is up with the HP differences when rezzed between DK's, locks, and druids? Druids Brez people with 100%. Locks can glyph to make it 70%. Dk's seem to have been left with the short straw, with a measly 20% hp left. Half the time i rez someone on my dk, it seems like they die very shortly after due to some random damage. Yes, I understand its not a cast, so it should be less op, but why not just give us a glyph to make it 50% at least?
    What are your thoughts on this?

I think its pretty good atm, i dont mind the 20%, i usualy call it before i do it so the healer knows what do to

But yhea peharps we will see a glyph coming in a futur patch to help that skill

Druids have to glyph for 100% hp brez if I'm not mistaken

10+ Year Old Account
    Druids have to glyph theirs to 100%, also. It's 20% baseline. The warlock glyph only affects themselves, not others.

Really should coordinate with the healers to let them know get this guy up quickly.

as others have stated, all combat rezes are baseline 20% health. Anything past that is glyphed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    as others have stated, all combat rezes are baseline 20% health. Anything past that is glyphed.
    OK...why no DK glyph then?

Isnt getting the ability enough? I dont understand how getting new things are never enough for people. 20% brez was how it was for a long time, people dealt with it, call it when you are accepting the res. Problem solved.

I remember when DKs didnt have a battle rez, feels like it was just last week..

Quote Originally Posted by Hammut View Post
    Isnt getting the ability enough?
    An astoundingly loud and tear-filled "NO!" echoes throughout the Death Knight halls. :\

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    An astoundingly loud and tear-filled "NO!" echoes throughout the Death Knight halls. :\
    Well its kind of pointless if Druids still outclass your Brez still. It helps if there are no Droods though, but still its not fair yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're given a battle rez for pretty much no reason and then complain about it? Hahahaha.
    ill probably be infracted for this post

Quote Originally Posted by Bombkirby View Post
    Well its kind of pointless if Druids still outclass your Brez still. It helps if there are no Droods though, but still its not fair yet.
    Well I suppose so, but there are more examples of one class' ability outdoing another's, so I think they should all be balanced then.

Deleted
    Yeah, cause stealing my utility wasn't enough, you want it to be just as strong as mine too herp derp.

Tell you what, when I start getting the same heals as other healers (it's insane, really. Resto shammy was lolling about his 90k+ GHW crits while I was being amazed when my HT passed 40k) then you can get a 100% HP Battle Rezz.

Untill then, my class is suffering because of it's utility, so I want my utility to atleast be stronger than the other calsses that bring the spell too :/

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ewoods973 View Post
    Why no shaman glyph for Reincarnate?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glyph of Raise Ally should have given 50% health and mana instead of being removed completely in favour of the silly Death Gate glyph. It should be a minor though, pretty sure the Rebirth one is.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 01:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Synaxis View Post
    Why no shaman glyph for Reincarnate?
    Because Reincarnate is not a battle resurrection spell, you can't raise other people with it.

---------- Post added 2011-04-28 at 01:48 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeastRivin View Post
    Druids have to glyph theirs to 100%, also. It's 20% baseline. The warlock glyph only affects themselves, not others.
    Seeing as how DK minor glyphs are a joke, I'd gladly drop the Path of Frost glyph for even 50% health to the target of Raise Ally.

The DK brez seems to have a wierd casting mechanic. I think that we have to stand still? Sometimes it just doesn't cast on fallen party member.

Glyph of Rebirth - 100% health res, MAJOR GLYPH. Minor is no reagent required. So no, Druid has to use a major glyph for 100% rebirths, which is steeper in comparison to a minor glyph. So, that said... if DKs get anything equivalent, it will be a major.

Quote Originally Posted by ewoods973 View Post
    What would be the point? There's no raid-healing spec for Death Knights, nor Warlocks. For Druids it'd make sense due to the fact of there being Restro. They bring other things sides now a battle-rez. Druids still need something, cause even though Mages have TW, Shamans still have a place with Totems,, what really do Druids have? Mark can be changed out with Kings, Thorns are pretty useless unless in some situations, Entagaling Roots is meh unless for some rare situations, Hibernate only has a few good uses, etc, etc. Tranq really isn't the super best deal-breaker compared to like Rebirth, and possibly if you can spare it a glyphed Rebirth. So I don't really see a point, or forseeable future on a glyped DK B-Rez

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    Because Reincarnate is not a battle resurrection spell, you can't raise other people with it.
    No, but it can be used while the group is in combat, and it brings you back to life with 20% health and 20% mana. The health can be taken care of pretty promptly but the mana can hurt you. It's a pain in the ass. No druid or death knight is going to battle rez a shaman when their self-rez is up. No warlock is going to soulstone a shaman. I consider it in the same family as a battle rez even though it cannot be cast on other people, because it works just like one.

Point is, not all classes are made equal. Just because one class has a battle rez that can be glyphed to bring the person back to life with 100% health and mana doesn't mean every class with a similar ability needs to be able to.