Thread: ZA and ZG Hc?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ZA and ZG Hc?

They are very hard as u all have seen i think and i think they should call it The Group killer hcs. I only sene rage quits and angry Tanks and Helaers so far and no bosses downed!
    and i was in Zul Aman for 2H yesterday and that was a pain. nothing usefully at all. exept the waste of time. Nothing offence Blizz but you should put the Mobs dps down and the hp abit.

Deleted
    lol those instances are pisseasy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stabil View Post
    lol those instances are pisseasy
    Yea they are pretty easy.

Deleted
    They are pretty breaking for bad pugs yes.

The instances are simple, start not going with healers in green gear and problem is solved.

Deleted
    You need a bit of coordination though,well more so then the other cata heroics so it'll be tough enough for pugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    This. I cleared both multiple times with my DK tank (347 avg ilvl before he got some epics from these heros) and we killed the first three bosses in za in time and managed to clear zg without any wipe. 2 different pugs with some people not knowing the bosses. In the other runs we had 2 or 3 wipes (za trash / zg first and last boss) but managed to kill everything as well.
    It depends on luck which people you get and if you aren't satisfied with the pugs you get throug lfd then just build your own group with friends / guild members.

Zul Aman is easy as hell, Zul Gurub is a bit harder if You dont have good dps and You have average healer. If You know tacs its both easy as hell.

And it was bugged as hell...

ZG and ZA are fine, as long as people listen to simple instructions.

Don't stand in anything green.
    If you're targetted for Body Slam, move near a chain.
    Click the cauldron.

It's dead easy, and a lot of the rage quitting comes from people who want/expect to be able to just zerg everything instead of using a few brain cells to move out of the bad.

Deleted
    The reason why people are finding it difficult is that theyre going in not knowing what to do, expecting to zerg everything and collect loot.

Tactics as ever, are more important than hitting the boss as hard as you can in the face

The people saying they are easy ran with guild groups, so far i have done 2 guilds group runs and 2 pug runs 1 for each instance, the guild run ones were cake but the pug ones were extremely difficult. Mainly because we had people standing in fire the whole dragonhawk boss fight..

I did my first ZA today, since I could barely play yesterday with my uber -756413 FPS. And the satchel looked pretty so I queued alone and ofc got into a pug. I noticed they had already started but hadn't killed any boss. As it turned out, all the tactics we knew were the ones from the raid, vaguely. I think we wiped like 20 times altogether, both bosses and trash (trash more than bosses, damn you ninja lions). At the last boss, we wiped twice and the last try was all of us dying but the rogue, who soloed from 35%.
    Bottom line is, I ran into a great group, who enjoyed even the wipes, let alone the close-call kills.

Yesterday in ZG, everyone was new but me, who gave it a couple of tries on hc so I had a little clue. Took us nearly 2 hours and we eventually made it to the last boss (2 dps replaced, one disconnected and one left). Nevermind the fact that I got disconnected at last boss and they replaced me, nice group again.

So it's about luck after all and what people you run into. I may even go with guildies, nothing is guaranteed, but the fact that they will not drop group after the first wipe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just wait a bit and people will calm down and start doing it right. A lot of people were pissed yesterday as addons were not working, skills/spells acted strange (the -on press button mechanic) and this just made things a lot worse.

When we were at first boss in ZG, i have moved my target frame to the middle of my screen and because im not used to it being there i missed all the times the boss was casting, when the tank started screaming INTERUUUUUUPT, i tried to but of course my bartender was missing so also my interupt maccro did not work on that button i was presing....so u can immagine.. To top that put some lag spikes and u have a perfect enrage combination.
    The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cleared ZG with ease on 1,5 hour with some weak minded people dropping out , we wiped at most 4 times on first boss rest went smooth and oneshotted last boss!

and yes this was a pug containing rather bad players with nothing more then 346 heroic items and some random epics from factions (Like the dungeons are tuned to be challenging for)

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    both are quite easy...some gimmicky boss mechanics, and some strange trash, but otherwise easy. Have tanked both, no cc, things go fine assuming you didnt meet ilvl requirement by boosting w/random pces and have a modest ability to play your class.

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    Just that... There are lots of people with illogic high self-confidence, that go with minimal item level (intended for Blizzard to allow GUILD GROUPS to gear a friend) and lack of Gems and Enchants. Not to mention Tanks that think their role is to pull (screw the add that spawn. Your ice trap should ignore my AoE-fest. Healer sucks, and math too), Healers that think they only have to heal (no dispel, no positioning) and DPS that think they only have to damage (what's a CC? Why I have to move? I want to kill the boss, not the add/totem.)
    Last edited by Buu; 2011-04-28 at 12:26 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zul gurub can be hard if you are to ignorant to use cauldrons

Deleted
    For all those that say ZG and ZA is easy, I cannot agree. If you say they are easy, you haven't gone with a pugged group, nor should you.
    ZA is close to being an exact replica of the original fights, which I have no problems with at all. The ZA bosses aren't all that hard either if you have a coordinated group. ZG should be called the pug nightmare and for a good reason. I don't believe a random pug group can do this and in fact I believe they should raise the ilvl average requirement to enter to something higher.

I'm not gonna say its impossible to do it at 346 average ilvl, because I've seen it done and done it myself, although mind you, with extreme difficulty. What I will say though, is that it's getting close to being the most annoying heroics when it comes to the people who either cheat their way into it by having low ilvl items equipped and pvp items in their bags - or the people that just simply complain that the tank/healer is shit, which lets be honest, there's a ton of out there.

I love both heroics and I believe they have the right difficulty overall and should not be changed. Blizzard has already done enough to make the casuals happy by introducing valor points cap in 1 day if you so desire (of course if you dont raid you will miss out on 300~ish points). It's arguable that some of the bosses are easy and killed fast, although it's fairly clear that these two heroics are every healers nightmare. Also, these two heroics really puts your ability to pay attention to the test, which I think is good. I don't need any more people who stands in fire.

NERF IT! The casuals have spoken!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uvania View Post
    Cleared ZG with ease on 1,5 hour with some weak minded people dropping out , we wiped at most 4 times on first boss rest went smooth and oneshotted last boss!

and yes this was a pug containing rather bad players with nothing more then 346 heroic items and some random epics from factions (Like the dungeons are tuned to be challenging for)
    In this case I'd say you were extremely lucky and I know I speak for alot of people when I say this is not always the case. When the dungeons were released I had a good 4-5 hours wiping on silly mistakes with pugged groups that were equally geared as me, which is 361 for those wondering.