H Omnitron Defense System as Affliction lock

Hi there fellow locks,

as affliction has been buffed now i play it too now and my guild will progress on h omnitron tonight. is it safe to soulswap the dots over to the next mob asap when thats possible? like magmatron is active and when arcanotron is up next and becomes active i just soulswap. can i do that while still having the soulswap glyph? or isnt there enough time so that the shield would explode on magmatron? should i do it without the glyph instead? any other tipps for affliction locks on that encounter? thanks

Deleted
    I believe pre existing DoT on the target who gets the shield will not effect weather he explodes or not so you can keep your soul swap glyph, not sure if this changed in the patch but its whats suggested on EJ atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandir View Post
    I believe pre existing DoT on the target who gets the shield will not effect weather he explodes or not so you can keep your soul swap glyph, not sure if this changed in the patch but its whats suggested on EJ atleast.
    ah ok, where on ej? couldnt really find it

Quote Originally Posted by Mandir View Post
    This is true except of magnatron, where your dots will still eat into his bubble.

Honestly I'd recommend destro for this fight, being able to bane carefree beats out the inability to soul swap whenever you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post
    This is true except of magnatron, where your dots will still eat into his bubble.

Honestly I'd recommend destro for this fight, being able to bane carefree beats out the inability to soul swap whenever you want to.
    Yep, dots eat maga's shield, all other shields are game.

dots dont effect shield but if u have volcano deck and it procs it effects shield (unless they fixed it)

pretty lame if u ask me

Deleted
    The biggest "tip" I have for that encounter is that when the puddles that give you extra dps gets empowered by nef and it starts exploding (the buff goes up from 50% to 100% damage done) while running out try to refresh all your dots on your current target and get a soul swap up for your next target.

Also I can confirm that the dots already on the target when the dot goes up will not proc it. Carefull not to use BoD since the imps spawned by it can trigger the shield.

I did a whole night of Homnitron with soulswap glyph on and no broken shields. All i did was hold off haunt while magmatron was up right before the switch. Good to put petattack macroed to haunt and keep a pet target frame up to make sure it isn't on electron's shield when toxitron goes up.