Just because they didn't say what the 2nd raid is doesn't mean there isn't one

For all we know it could be abyssal maw. Ozumat kidnapped neptulon and escaped in the heroic dungeon throne of the tides. Remember how they said 4.1 would have abyssal maw heroic? Well i think they decided to make it a raid considering how Neptulon is an elemental lord who is more inclined to destruction and he was using you after all

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody said there wasn't going to be a raid.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

If you mean a second raid in in 4.2, then I am quite doubtful there will be a second raid in addition to the firelands raid.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have a feeling they might also add a single encounter size-ish raid, but that is just my feeling. I have nothing to back that up.

Yeah, maybe they'll throw in a 5-man version of Molten Core

Deleted
    actually it does. if they had anything interesting to advertise they'd have done it.

I think they will do so. On the frontpage it says they are introducing 7 bosses, which is very low if we compare to other patches.
    Naxx: 15
    Ulduar: 14
    ToC: 10, or atleast 10 bosses to kill each week
    ICC: 12
    Cata release: 12

It would be weird to go 5 bosses down, and we've seen raids of almost every size, so shouldnt be to hard to create a small, raid, but still give it more than 1 boss:
    1: Many
    2: Gruul's
    4: The Eye
    5: ToC
    6: Sunwell Plateu
    8: BWD
    9: ZG
    11: Kara
    12: ICC
    14: Ulduar
    15: Naxx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayure View Post
    I have a feeling they might also add a single encounter size-ish raid, but that is just my feeling. I have nothing to back that up.
    They add a boss to baradin hold if that's what your spider sense is telling you

With the new lockout system, they all but promised multiple raids with each tier. As it is now with 3 it actually works out pretty well that I can run with one group on two nights and another on another two nights as long as its coordinated so that they are doing different raids. If T12 is all one raid it kind of makes the new 10/25 shared lockout system suck big time.

What you mean sometimes they don't blow their load all at once and hold back information and then go "ha, surprise!"...

no it wouldn't be surprising if there was another raid type thing in addition to firelands even though they haven't said anything about it yet.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    They add a boss to baradin hold if that's what your spider sense is telling you
    Nah, I'm thinking more along the lines of a Magtheridon or an Ony.

Idk, I could definitely be way off base on that.
    Last edited by Dakia; 2011-04-28 at 03:49 PM.

Deleted
    No please, or well if they make another one with minor amount of bosses please make it so the challenge lies in Firelands so topguilds can only focus on 1 raid for the whole Tier and farm kills in the other one.

I can not be arsed jumping between three different raid instances during progress, just makes me wonder if we are progressing bosses or having a bus trip to Kansas.

I highly doubt it at this point, particular since *everything* we know about 4.2 has everything to do with Firelands....the way the gear looks, the set bonuses, etc etc. On the contrary, I'm not exactly sure how they are going to be able to provide full gear sets (with options) to everyone with only seven bosses when they have a hard enough time doing it now with 12 bosses....bosses will have to have bigger loot tables and thus drop more loot in both versions. I suppose it's still possible, it is Blizzard, but they have not hinted at anything else.

my personal theory is that its going to be the war of the ancients raid. I'm basing this off of 2 things. One is that 4.2 will focus greatly around night elves and druids in the fire land raid. Makes some sense to include the raid that gives us a look into their history in the same raiding content rather than a future one. Second thing that makes me think this, is the legendary weapon. If my memory serves correctly, the main person we will be going to, to do the legendary quest chain is Nozdormu. Funny that he worked his way into 4.2 which is about the firelands, druids, and night elves. I'm sure that blizzard would have made Malfurion the one to give the legendary if they were so stuck on sticking to the theme.

Deleted
    After being disappointed by not getting the Firelands raid in Patch 4.1 as was originally indicated by Blizzard, I'll make no assumptions about this one. And while 7 bosses might not seem a lot for a 2nd tier, remember Trial of the Crusader was only 5 bosses and Sunwell was only 6.

I'm more interested in whether there will be another tier between Firelands T12 and Deathwing's tier. But we probably won't even get any hints on that for months.

Deleted
    Well we can always look forward to tommorrow's Tier 12 Teaser, they might teas another raid but most unlikely.

my personal theory is that its going to be the war of the ancients raid. I'm basing this off of 2 things. One is that 4.2 will focus greatly around night elves and druids in the fire land raid. Makes some sense to include the raid that gives us a look into their history in the same raiding content rather than a future one. Second thing that makes me think this, is the legendary weapon. If my memory serves correctly, the main person we will be going to, to do the legendary quest chain is Nozdormu. Funny that he worked his way into 4.2 which is about the firelands, druids, and night elves. I'm sure that blizzard would have made Malfurion the one to give the legendary if they were so stuck on sticking to the theme.

I'm quite sure there will be one. 7 bosses is simply not enough to keep the players entertained. I have a hunch though, that is won't be War of the Ancients or Abyssal Maw. I don't know, I feel like it's going to be something entirely different.

They've said they want to do more frequent, smaller content patches since their original mention of 2 raids in 4.2. I would expect whatever raid this was going to be to have been pushed back to 4.3 or 4.4.

If Firelands is indeed the only raid, I can only assume it will be absurdly hard. With the whole Rise of the Zandalari nonsense, I assumed a Zandalar raid would pop up for 4.2 as well, but I guess that'll be further out.