Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sour Skittles View Post
    I used to sympathize with tanks having to lead the group all the time and explain the fights to the point where I would help out when I could. I would even research a fight if I really didn't know at all and had never done it.

Those days are over.

Tanks, it is now officially your job to lead the group and tell everyone what to do and if we wipe it is your fault for not prepping us better. You're getting PAID now. With rare mounts and other luxury items. Also, if your bad at your job, we can fire you and there's another poor little tank in line this time.
    Yes, it's our job... cause 65g + 1 blue gem is worthwhile payment to cart your ass through a dungeon where you think DPSing the wrong target on every pull, and not listening, is payment enough. I've heard of one healer (which has been up even less) getting a rare PET (Dun Morogh Cub, for a Horde), and that was it.

Yeah, get off your high horse. All day yesterday, I saw Tank hit CtA on non-Zandalari happen twice, for maybe 3-5 hours total. And no way in hell will I be tanking the new ones in a PuG yet. So, if you wanna say the mounts (that have an equal chance to show up as they do drop in their normal dungeons, if not lower) are "payment" you need to look again at RNG and show me where it is guaranteed payment.

You are the problem with the LFD system and tanks not wanting to do the work. Not us. We (generally) know our job. And 4/5 times, the "poor little tank" after us will be lower geared, less skilled, and make your life even worse. And you won't be able to kick him, cause you had kicked us like 10min prior.

So enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ineras View Post
    Unoriginal's example did not say a well-played healer though.
    So in other words, he's saying that it could be the healer's fault if the healer is bad. Wow, that's such an astounding logical jump.

EDIT: The fact of the matter is, we all know there's no rock-paper-scissors fault triangle. There are small things that almost any player can do to help during an attempt, and there are infinite scenarios (of both success and failure) that could have played out if any one member had acted differently. An intelligent player should be able to analyze a wipe and figure out their own way to help, and a team of competent players should be able to rebound from failure and fix their mistakes.
    Last edited by Ligaments; 2011-04-28 at 04:02 PM.

Sig by Mipeo

10+ Year Old Account
    On my server so far the CtA rewards have been for healers more than tanks.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    What if healer cta kicks in, the healer should carry all the bad dps aswell?
    I saw healer cta last night, and not tank cta. So in that case, the healers should have carried the group (Which he did as he out damaged (Overall) one of the dks we had).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    If the tanks dies, it's the healers fault
    If the healers dies, its the tanks fault
    If the dps dies, it's damn own fault, yo

Course there could be other faults like me, The Tank can't see those small brown earthquake circles and die to them.
    This is just BS, clearly. Over half the times when a DPS character dies it's either the healers fault or the tanks. Yep, sometimes it's their own fault too but if you seriously believe the healers only job is to target the tank and spam, you should reroll something easier as you're about to be kicked often.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitehattori View Post
    If the tanks dies, it's the healers fault
    If the healers dies, its the tanks fault
    If the dps dies, it's damn own fault, yo

Course there could be other faults like me, The Tank can't see those small brown earthquake circles and die to them.

its noone's fault when fighting Bloodlord Mandokir. There, a little redemption for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    This is just BS, clearly. Over half the times when a DPS character dies it's either the healers fault or the tanks. Yep, sometimes it's their own fault too but if you seriously believe the healers only job is to target the tank and spam, you should reroll something easier as you're about to be kicked often.
    Doubtful. There aren't a whole lot of abilities (especially in heroics) that kill you unless your understanding is poor. Sure, if the healer leaves you at 10% health for 15s (while the tank was out of danger) and you finally take enough damage to die, it's their fault. The majority of DPS deaths I witness as a healer are due to unnecessary damage taken due to poor execution. If I can recognize the fail early and save you, I doubt you'll notice and thank me. If I don't catch your mistake quickly enough and you die, I'd really rather not be blamed for it.

As a side note, I would have to say that DPS taking unnecessary damage and OOMing their healers is a fairly common cause of trash deaths/wipes so far in Cata. Mana is no longer infinite, protecting yourself properly can go a long way towards a successful run.
    Last edited by Ligaments; 2011-04-28 at 04:15 PM.

Sig by Mipeo

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Skittles View Post
    Tanks, it is now officially your job to lead the group and tell everyone what to do
    Welcome to, oh idk 6 years ago...

Thank you Blizzard for allowing anyone to mark targets. I never understood why players thought it was the tanks job to mark targets. Its the DPS/Healers who are CCing. These new shinny toys are an incentive to tank for pugs again. Tanks will ALWAYS have insta queue times, a group to support them, get more rewards and the ability to roll on any gear they want.

So much advantages to being a tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Naix View Post
    Thank you Blizzard for allowing anyone to mark targets. I never understood why players thought it was the tanks job to mark targets. Its the DPS/Healers who are CCing. These new shinny toys are an incentive to tank for pugs again. Tanks will ALWAYS have insta queue times, a group to support them, get more rewards and the ability to roll on any gear they want.

So much advantages to being a tank.
    I'm not against marking as a tank, since I know my group's CC and what we can handle. However, I do like the ability to mark targets as any role. Calling my sap while DPSing, or having specific mobs sheeped/hexed that I know will cause a lot of damage if left free when I'm healing. It's a welcome change.

Sig by Mipeo

Nobody is ever cool to me when I pug a dungeon and if I don't lead they will go "what's taking so long".. When I started this game I cared how people were doing but people changed me.. Somehow when I get in a queue it is butt holes as far as the eye can see. Oh and screw call to arms I don't care I will never tank for you pug guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligaments View Post
    Doubtful. There aren't a whole lot of abilities (especially in heroics) that kill you unless your understanding is poor. Sure, if the healer leaves you at 10% health for 15s (while the tank was out of danger) and you finally take enough damage to die, it's their fault. The majority of DPS deaths I witness as a healer are due to unnecessary damage taken due to poor execution. If I can recognize the fail early and save you, I doubt you'll notice and thank me. If I don't catch your mistake quickly enough and you die, I'd really rather not be blamed for it.

As a side note, I would have to say that DPS taking unnecessary damage and OOMing their healers is a fairly common cause of trash deaths/wipes so far in Cata. Mana is no longer infinite, protecting yourself properly can go a long way towards a successful run.
    Actually theres quite a lot of abilities that just kill you, especially in heroics. Try doing GB as a melee and see if you can avoid most of the damage or not. Well, in case there's no CCing going on anyway. Last boss in SFK too, there's nothing a DPS can do there if the healer doesn't decurse of heal.

Also, you can't and shouldn't expect the DPS to be perfect. Everyone takes unnesseccary damage from time to time, And if you do, well, you shouldn't complain when the same is expected from you and you get the blame because a perfect healer could have saved the day instead of you.

Quote Originally Posted by warbucks View Post
    its noone's fault when fighting Bloodlord Mandokir. There, a little redemption for everyone
    admittedly, when this happened the first time I /left group cause i thought the tank couldn't hold aggro.....and I felt like a real horses ass after.

LOL you wanna replace the tank?

90% of groups will side with the tank when vote-kicking someone other than the healer, dps is expendable as hell

90% of tanks will just leave if you give them too much shit. instant queues are better than bitchy dps

90% of the satchel bags give nothing usefull

90% of the people queueing for the new heroics dont know how to do the new heroics

100% of the percentages in this thread were made up on the spot. the message is clear however
    Sig Made by Mipeo

Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Last boss in SFK too, there's nothing a DPS can do there if the healer doesn't decurse of heal.
    I have kicked countless mages for not doing this, same goes for any melee that doesn't interupt.

Unless they put the original ZG tiger mount into the rotation, there's no reason I would subject myself to the OP. I can farm the other mounts solo.

Tanks job is to tank not hold your hand. The payment of a loot bag with trash in it is total bs. These new old dungeons are very interesting. From what I seen last night was people need a couple of wipes and a bit of patience in order to complete them. We did ZA in probably just over an hour and the only one that has completed it before was kicked from the group cause he didn't like our pace and he was mostly wrong on the strats. We also invited the pugs to join our vent and we read the boss strategies and talked alot during the encounters. This helped greatly and most first attempts that we would wipe on were near kills.

Mr OP plese learn to have patience or maybe the new dungeons are too dificult for you. Maybe you should stay back at the easier heroics. Also having beer on hand helps if you get frustrated.
    Last edited by Popmybubble; 2011-04-28 at 04:51 PM.
    Bubbles: Have a nice day, and go ____ yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    CtA is retarded on my server atleast, I queued as a tank yesterday and seriously took like 40 seconds to get into a heroic I was so pissed I didn't even take the queue because I had to wait so f*ckin long. No sarcasm or joking here that long as a tank in queue is stupid and should never happen it should be less than 10 seconds EVERY time and and 80g and a CHANCE at a mount from the bag is not worth my time to get into a heroic where there will probably be a shaman healer spamming chain heal on single target and a dual wield blood dps dk, f*ck that gonna stick to grouping with people I know.
    Tanks are made of steel, blood and a shield, not magic and twigs.
    My Warrior My Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Unoriginal View Post
    i dont see how a healer dying is a tanks fault they could stand in somethin and die, your logic is flawed.
    The maxim that you're responded to was conceived during the original game prior to any xpacs, when aoe group damage was much less prominent than it has eventually become in the game. In places like Molten Core for example, the vast majority of non-tank damage came simply from pulling aggro (or in the case of a healer, loose mobs on the pull).

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozy View Post
    Just an FYI about this "payment" of mounts....the rate is very low and it is much more efficient to farm these mounts the old fashioned way.
    Actually while the drop chances are the same as if you were running the instance it's in. It's much more efficient to just run Call to Arms. Why? Because I believe most of the mounts besides Baron's mount from Stratholme all require a heroic instance which can only be done once a day.