10+ Year Old Account

Is my regen overkill?

So, I got my 4pc yesterday(finally, damn token never drops), and I was sitting in SW casting spells, and I looked at my new incombat regen, as holy. With both trinkets up, DMC:T and JoaR, so almost 100% uptime on the spirit buff, and the 4pc, which is also always up, I'm sitting at 5.2k mp5, and with procs from tailoring and weapon and stuff, i can spike over 6k mp5. Is this excessive??? I'm sitting at 2747 spirit unbuffed, not gemming specifically for spirit, but do use int/spirits in blue sockets for bonuses. Do you think I'm sacrificing too much troughput maybe, or is it fine, and just have extra mana for some FH or other large mana cost spells.

Link to armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...-legion/faera/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just replace the Jar, and you're fine. Use either Fall of Mortality or Core of Ripeness instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the above poster said, jsut replace Jar with FoM of CoR and you're fine.

Deleted
    You need to put your amount of regen in context. Do you end fights gasping for mana? Or do you end them with loads of mana left? That is what you should be considering and then changing your regen/throughput balance accordingly.

If you feel that you end up on most fights with quiet a bit of mana left over then you should consider change yor spirit encahtns into INT ones, and like Tihr says, try using an INT trinket. Just play around until your comfortable in raids.

Oh, and change that prismatic socket gem in your belt to a red one.

^. So much of the right answer depends on how much mana you have at the end of the fight. Like others said, depending on your answer you might need to leave things as you have them, or you can swap out those spirit enchants and gems for intellect and/or haste instead. I've even seen holy priests reforge out of spirit for haste or mastery, but usually they get innervates and have multiple mana tides. It really depends on your raid situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides a few fights where AoE healing is really high and I spend mana(Twilight Council and Chimaeron mainly), and Heroic Halfus(started attempts on him this week, thats a different story), I usually end with half mana or so. I always forget to look at it. I'll try grabbin that trinket, should have plenty of valor for it. And yea, I'll defently change that socket, didnt even realize that.... FAIL. I think I gemmed it for a metagem waaaayyy back when that was one of my first epics, and never changed it.

I'm in the same boat, just got my 4pc last night. My combat regen is at 4112 and I was thinking about reforging out of spirit for haste or mastery, and start using inner fire instead of will. I'll try it tonight and see how my mana feels, but do you think 4112 is a nice threshold? I have Tsunami and Tyrande's Favorite Doll for trinkets, my haste is 16% unbuffed.

My healing style revolves heavily around renew and PoH.