Thread: ZA timed run?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ZA timed run?

Over the past few days, I've tried the ZA timed run 3 times with little luck.
    While it was a different group every time (All 5/5 guild group- We're 3/13) I was still able to progress further every time.
    My first two attempts at it, we got 2 chests while having enough time for a 3rd, but wiping on the trash in between.
    My latest attempt, we got 3 chests but with only 2 minutes remaining afterward, giving us no real shot at the 4th chest.
    My question is, for those of you that have attempted it, do you think the current time given is enough?
    Or should the time be increased by some small about.

Yes it can be done, missed mine by like 40 seconds or something yesterday, we had someone dc, and we failed a bit on scout-zone.
    It is strict, but with practice people will start getting it frequently in no time.

Deleted
    Upgraded slightly; for now. 4.2 they should nerf it back.

you can cut a good deal of time by skipping trash and doing the trash properly(interupting heals, correct kill order, etc).

is it hard? yes. is that the idea? yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.

There's already people selling mount runs on my realm, so yeah, I don't think it needs any change.

Deleted
    Yeah imo it's tuned perfectly. It's intense, with little room for feckups or idle time at any point. You have to know what you are planning to do before you start, and really go for it once you start the clock. Don't be afraid to flask / chain pot / food or w/e if you need to. Ofc with better gear / more dps this isn't needed, but it's meant to be challenging, but as it's not on any raid cd you have plenty of time / chances to perfect your strategy.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will get easier with practice and gear in general,but it's totally doable.
    With a solid guild setup I finished it today with like 5 mins left on the timer,and we weren't even rushing that much.
    Just keep moving and skip everything that can be skipped.

I did a guild run and we were 30 sec off, we wiped 2 times so if we removed those wipes i think we would have easily gotten the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a noob so please explain to me in plain english . Where are those chests and how do I get them ? (I saved 2 prisoners from being sacrificed, did I just throw away the loot ?)
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Did 2 runs last night, only use CC on the 4 pull before bear boss and 4 pull before firehawk boss. Skip the 2 big mobs in front of Hex-lord's room, and use water walking to skip the first crocodile pack, don't wait until all the tigers are dead, pull the next group when there's only 2-3 left. You need to have pretty good dps and your healer needs to conserve mana and your dps needs to not stand in earthquakes and dispell/spellsteal the fire mages buff.

It's pretty tight but it's definately doable.

Red face Time is fine

They should leave it as it is its only been 2 days since patch has been out if its too easy everyone will have it so plz no complains

it feels like it should be, i haven't completed a successfull run yet, only done 3 attempts, but it doesn't seem that hard tbh, every fail we did was a resault to ninja pulling of extra trash, and/or ninja pull of trash without aoe threat avalible

save yourself alot of time and pick up the bonus chests after the run, rolling for them during the run wastes alot of time

Quote Originally Posted by llcoolbean View Post
    save yourself alot of time and pick up the bonus chests after the run, rolling for them during the run wastes alot of time
    You mean people were actually doing this? lawlz

Quote Originally Posted by Deathtalk View Post
    They should leave it as it is its only been 2 days since patch has been out if its too easy everyone will have it so plz no complains
    Everyone will have it in a couple of weeks, if not blizz would have to fight massive amounts of casual/bads tears.

its gonna be the cos bronze drake of cata

but alot cooler the the brone drake lol

How long till you guys think they'll remove the run? I want to get the bear on a couple alts

Quote Originally Posted by Henry7212 View Post
    How long till you guys think they'll remove the run? I want to get the bear on a couple alts
    Why would they remove it? Especially since they went through so much trouble adding it back in.

My guild <Sleeping Forest> on Thaurissan US managed to get four of them in a row yesterday.
    We are only 1/13 and in no way a hardcore guild. We all had mostly 359 gear.
    This timer was at between 1-2 minutes left on our attempts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarix View Post
    Why would they remove it? Especially since they went through so much trouble adding it back in.
    i agree they wouldnt remove something they're bringing back, atleast not anytime soon