Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Blizzard is smart. Most players don´t raid. 4.2 is set up to give a LOT of progression for non-raiders. All this whining about only 7 bosses, I didn´t see anyone mention that people would be getting 365 gear just from questing. 60 different quests? Nice. And choosing who you want to help first and what features you want to unlock first is epic. Again, Blizzard is smart, even though people thing 4.2 is a raid patch, it is obvious more dev time is going into the phased questing system.

Oh no, incoming QQ about casuals able to get free epics AND a mount! Hopefully the hardcore crowd doesn't get too enraged and petition Blizz to hold back on this new feature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
    Aww. I miss the days when servers accomplished things as a group. I.e AQ gates. However, with the amount of very low-pop realms atm, it's probably necessary.
    I believe they could probably adapt the requirements for low population realms.

And yeah, I loved that aswell.

Pretty happy with this, from one PoV It seemed like we were only getting a bleak mere 7 bosses and a small quest hub, this actually looks impressive IMO from a lore stand point, It makes me want to play WoW again just for the lore of it, I don't think I will be raiding again though I've had enough of my time spent on it, so this is a nice feature being able to unlock things at your own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by FishHead View Post
    I was mostly referring to ZA/ZG, but Firelands also has reused bosses ranging from the obvious Ragnaros to the other one that looks like Supremus all over again. The Firelands raid is new, but the fact there are only one instance and 7 bosses is underwhelming to say the least. Maybe I was spoiled by TBC, but I was led by Blizz to believe Cata would be going back to that same amount of raid content again. This is half of that.
    because RAGNAROS IS EXACTLY THE SAME /sarcasm

Signature by Kenz

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferato View Post
    only 7 bosses for a patch with new raid content is a bit low, tho it would be the same as the arget tournament pathc we only had 6 bosses, maybe they will add a raid in vasjir since neptulon was abducted by that squid, or maybe that story continues at the last patch since he's supposed to be the strongest of the elemental lords, and blizz usualy saves them for last.
    What is sad is that they had this PR puff piece ready to go and were just waiting for someone to challenge them in the forums. Everything the CM's do now is a carefully calculated pre-generated response where whatever they decided to do now is the best way to go, instead of being honest and saying they are short on resources and that WoW is not a major priority for the company anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Upptagen View Post
    They said they wanted 2 raids per tier.
    They said they wanted to get out more content faster.

And now we get a raid with 7 bosses? Just wtf. And their apologises for it only being 7 is hilarous.
    You must have A LOT of time and little respect for what goes into making a game.

For people who work for a living, 12 bosses was an extremely annoying number not because it was hard but because it took forever and people have busy lives. Seven is just right.

So Blizzard essentially issued a formal statement to the nerds who built the game to go fuck themselves. I just renewed my sub and plan on playing casually with some friends, so I definetly won't be one of those every night players, but this entitlement mentality doesn't benefit anyone. If everything is accessible theres no goal, nothing to reach for. But I guess Blizzard gets their $15 whether or not players have any in game ambitions.

Nice. A cool looking mount anyone can go for? Is that true? I'm sure its still going to take a awhile to get, and cost a lot of those new marks being introduced. Still, something awesome for the solo player to go for.

I might just resub for firelands.

Quote Originally Posted by Scot View Post
    So Blizzard essentially issued a formal statement to the nerds who built the game to go fuck themselves.
    After bringing out what they hope to be Sunwell 2.0? Are you really that clueless or do you just appear like it.

The thing I enjoy the most is the people complaining "only 7 bosses" probably haven't even seen sinestra, so it wouldn't really matter if they only brought out 2 bosses, because you retards probably couldn't even down the first one. Quit complaining please.
    Last edited by IKT; 2011-05-01 at 06:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never been so excited for dailies, lol

Deleted
    nice cast.. need the staff!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    i really feel all this news is just to have everyone something to look forward to because they all know this 4.2 patch isnt coming out untill late august at best(willing to put $20 on it)nevertheless 4.2 will be a sexy patch cant wait!
    Now where's my $20?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Yeah, I mean that's a tough situation because our feeling is simply that people shouldn't be forced to play the game more than a couple nights a week to keep up on progression."One of the most stupid things a blue has ever posted. Its far better to have more content then you can access, then to beat everything and have nothing. No one is forcing you to play this game (unless you are a Chinese prisoner, if that story is true) and Blizzard saying that they want this tier to be easily beatable by casual players who don't raid as often (read it, thats what they say, in essence) is asinine. YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE ABLE TO DO EVERYTHING BLIZZARD. If you suck, you don't get to final bosses. TBH, I'd rather kill 8/10 and never down 2 new bosses then have 7/7 on farm for months.Granted, we'll see how long it takes our guild to be on heroics. Yes, it is a bit of a pre-judgement. But unless 4.3 comes out sooner then 4-5 months down the road, I believe the above quote by Blizzard is asinine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joels View Post
    Im a bit shocked that the hippogryph is from a quest reward, its such an amazing model thats gonna be put to shame with the amount of them that there is going to be.

Also, whens that darn winged guardian coming out??

The Guardian is already out. And are you really that big of a tool that the mount will look less cool to you because everyone else who did the quest has it?

---------- Post added 2011-06-28 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    Awesome, I can't wait for 4.2.
    @ dragonx: If you look at the history of WoW & it's expansions, PvP don't get much content ALWAYS. New arena season is content for you since you are getting new shiny gear.
    IMO, PvP broke this game so badly (every cool ability in this game is often shot down & nerf thanks to being OP in PvP but really cool in PvE) I don't really care about PvP content.
    And because I'm to fail to stop looking at my hot keys for 10 seconds I don't think anyone else should pvp either!