Deleted

Blizzard choosing who gets new 4.2 legendary Dragonwrath easy?

4.2 patch brings new legendary staff Dragonwrath ingame. My experiences from getting wotlk legendary Shadowmourne made me wonder what will be new the BQL 1st bite counterpart. Everyone knew first bite was not always determined same way. For some guilds on some pulls there was predetermined bite target to help someone to get quest done easier. And for some guilds first bite was intentionally set to less capable player doing less dps to make encounter and quest completion way much harder.

So what do you think. What boss and what random ability will be new epic staff quest line gate quest where Blizzard can "choose" who will get legendary or not?

Näpsä-Sporeggar

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    "And for some guilds first bite was intentionally set to less capable player doing less dps to make encounter and quest completion way much harder."

What?

i read it twice and i still dont really get it.

getting first bite thing was actually blizzard choosing who gets a legendary and who dont ? i always found that part quite easy and simple

Deleted
    I think he is talking about Bloodqueen and who gets bitten first.
    Why on earth would you designate a weak player to be bitten first? Logic says: Scaling is linear. If you do 10k and get a 50% buff you do 15. If you do 20k and get a 50% buff you do 30k. 30k-20k=10k. Why waste 10k?

And since we dont know anything really about the mechanics of 4.2 raids, how should we guess it? I suppose you will need to get some debuff/buff.

Edit: For the ICC legendary you had to be bitten by the Queen first, or receive hits from her (dk tanks ftw) to get enough stacks.
    Last edited by mmoc28b40944be; 2011-04-29 at 12:09 PM. Reason: edited for clarity and translation of the op

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think he got the shadowmourne quest part wrong, you dont have to be the first one getting the bite in order to complete the quest - as long as you are the 2nd to be bitten you are fine.

Also the first bite from the queen is NOT random, it bites the 3rd target on threat - obviously the 2 tanks are nr. 1 and 2 on the threat - so basicly the highest dps threat are targeted by the first bite.

Bloodqueen bit the target which was number 2 or 3 on threat. It wasn't random. Or you could taunt her right before the bite. If she was taunted while casting bite, she wouldn't change target.

Lol, you can do BQL part even if you will not be bite first (just first person must bite you). What are you talking about?

Deleted
    15 seconds after the start of the encounter Blood-Queen Lana'thel bites the highest threat player which is not tanking, dealing the Vampire debuff. Becoming a Vampire has the following effects:

On most fights bite was done to player with highest threat not tanking. But not on every fight. You can do encounter even if 1st bite is lowest dps sure. But it can make it lot easier or way much harder for certain situations.

why should i guess, if i just can wait and see what it will be?
    I mean yeah if i had any pro guessing right i´d see myself obliged to guess, but there is no pro, so guessing is nothing more than wasting energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Napsa View Post
    So what do you think. What boss and what random ability will be new epic staff quest line gate quest where Blizzard can "choose" who will get legendary or not?

Näpsä-Sporeggar
    They didn't announce all the bosses and their respective abilities, did they? then how the hell are we supposed to point to a boss/ability which starts the Q line?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Hemet was behind Garrosh's escape and time travel just so he could hunt big game on old Draenor.