Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I saw this thread on the recent posts and came in because I've been having problems on the same boss with my druid and it seems to me that it stems from people not spreading out enough and people being utterly retarded and not killing the birds even after they are told to do so. People are in the mindframe of steamrolling through bosses like we did in Wrath still.

I am in mostly 372 gear and I have problems with that fight.

If his Disruption spell is hitting multiple targets then healing becomes a huge problem. Otherwise, it's pretty simple and shouldn't require much more than 10k HPS, if that, depending on incoming tank damage and ability to not get owned by birds / the storm.

I experienced this as well. The first time I did it we had 1 melee 1 tank and it was easy.

I tried it again last night and it was damn near impossible. We had 3 melee including the tank and each one kept getting hit with the lightning/debuff. I couldn't dispel all three before he'd do it again and mass dispel worked but the damage was so intense that I eventually ran out of mana. My HPS was nearly 30k with almost no overhealing and no flash heals cast. It was pretty much a PoH spamfest with Penance/GH/Bubble on the tank.

Deleted
    As a holy paladin I can do this very easy, even with crap dps :S

I think the fight may be a little overtuned healing-wise. I had to pull ~20k HPS to keep my group alive when I did it the first time (although I probably carried them a little bit). You either need to overgear it in DPS or in healing. Here's the parse of the kill:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=18506&e=18617

DPS were doing 12k, 12k, and 10k, which is sort of lackluster for iLvl 346 gear, as even the tank was in line with their DPS.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 07:26 AM ----------

Also, make sure your DPS aren't stacked up, as Static Disruption will make it unhealable if everyone is taking damage from it.

Static Disruption
    Unlimited range
    Deals 35000 Nature damage to enemies in an area and increases Nature damage taken by 25% for 20 sec.

Dispell the debuff if you can, but if you can't then spreading out is even more important to minimize damage from it.

Holy hell they buffed it, certainly more than they mentioned in the hotfix. I used to fall asleep here as a healer, now it's almost impossible with more than one melee, and even with only one it's quite hard.
    Last edited by Acker; 2011-05-01 at 03:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Marksmanship . . . feels like you're driving a car with square wheels and a steering wheel made out of styrofoam (the cheap kind that breaks far too easily)(and is REALLY squeaky).

I had some issues with having enough GCD + casts to keep people up, the sec they started killing all those eagles it went fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done this boss 3 times now. Each time I had 1 melee dps and 2 ranged DPS. We had the group spread out and found the fight to be no problem at all. I dispelled the debuff every time it was cast on a player and healing the fight was not too bad. I have attempted the boss 3 or so times with having the whole group stack up, but I found this method near impossible to heal. I'm not sure why people would do that method, as spreading out really makes this fight much easier.
    Last edited by Karfragnor; 2011-05-01 at 05:49 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it depends alot on the group composition i read on the forums that basicly anything over 1 melee dps can be too much for healer to keep up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    To give you some idea of whats needed to kill the eagle boss without the healer going oom, my guild group usually kills it in about 1:15. So seeing people say that these fights are going on a few minutes is definitely the issue.

The best way to reduce stress on the healer is to have people use a small amount of AoE. I was dpsing as a hance shaman and using CL and FN on CD when I could, plus LS was taking the out as well when they would attack me.

Also, if you're not going for a bear run, take the time and go get some of the Amani charms from freeing hex victims. Those charms, no matter what they are, are a huge, huge help. All of the DPS ones clear your threat when they proc, healing one puts a 10% hp HoT on the healed target that ticks 3 times over 9 secs, and the tank one is a mini cooldown that has a chance to proc every time they're hit.

I refuse to pug the instances, even with Call to Arms (healer being my main spec). I've heard horror stories from a few of my guildies who do pug them, and I really couldn't be bothered to waste my time doing it when we can get people together to get bear runs going.

Deleted
    Ran ZA with a guild group and I had to push out 17.5k HPS during 1.5min to prevent anyone from dying. Having melee on this boss sucks when they eat the nuke/splash and get the debuff(mass dispell is nice though). Only had one ranged to handle the birds aswell...

Got cat/dragonhawk on last boss and had to push 15.5k HPS and that only saved 3/5 from dying, damn the HPS requirements are craaaazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    Ran ZA with a guild group and I had to push out 17.5k HPS during 1.5min to prevent anyone from dying. Having melee on this boss sucks when they eat the nuke/splash and get the debuff(mass dispell is nice though). Only had one ranged to handle the birds aswell...

Got cat/dragonhawk on last boss and had to push 15.5k HPS and that only saved 3/5 from dying, damn the HPS requirements are craaaazy.
    I've been having the tank taunt the Lynx off the DPS the moment they get clawed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karfragnor View Post
    I've been having the tank taunt the Lynx off the DPS the moment they get clawed.
    Aye, he taunts and pops a CD, makes the phase lots easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Mana issues? if so tell people that 16k dps is MIN req to join your group, kick them if not.
    I lol'd at this.

Back on topic, I think it got stealth nerf/buffed, the white birds don't come out as often but they have more HP and maybe hit harder. I do think they buffed up the brown birds to hit a little bit harder so that they are actually a threat, when I healed it that Tuesday I don't even think they could scratch someones HP.
    WoW only has 10 million subscribers it must be dying! WoW sucks!
    I'm sorry no, clearly you didn't see Chuck Norris allowed 10 million to survive his Purge.

So I just tried to heal Akil'zon...

Hello Mmo-champ!

I ran around in my seccondary spec, healing (holy) the "new" ZA.
    We soon came to the first boss, Akil'zon, and I was absolutly stunned by the amazingly hard AoE dmg.
    The first two tried noone knew about stacking, so I pretty much went oom after 50% of the fight, but the last atempt we spread. Problem was that we were still taking shitloads of damage, I probably could heal it through if the tank hadn't failed on cloud and died (were I decided to do something else and left) but this fight was just at the edge of to much for me to be able to handle.

What's your experience and how do all fellow holy priests manage this boss, any tips and tricks?

Deleted
    You just said so yourself that the players did not do their job right, if they do you should not have a problem.

Deleted
    How did you miss the thread with several pages at the top of the page?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gle-boss-in-ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    You just said so yourself that the players did not do their job right, if they do you should not have a problem.
    We had one atempt were we did spread, but I still think the damage was way to high to be viable in the long run considering that my gear is better than average 5man HC gear.
    I probably can do it but I would have to hang on the last straw of mana I had for the last part of the fight, so I wondered if people thought of anything special while doing this fight.

---------- Post added 2011-05-01 at 06:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Wablakin View Post
    How did you miss the thread with several pages at the top of the page?
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...gle-boss-in-ZA.
    Didn't see that one, dono why actually, thanks

Thread is subject to lock if there is any mod seeing this!

Just did this today on my disc priest for the first time. I was having an insanely hard time keeping people alive thought I was just being bad. We had our ranged dps spread out but if feels like that nuke goes around WAY to fast. I went OOM before the second electrical storm.

Didn't help that dps was a tad on the lackluster side -_-