Glyph of Soulstone kinda mandatory now?

Since we can actually battle rez giving our target 70% health instead of 30% is pretty boss.

Doesn't the glyph only effect your health if you use it on yourself?

The wording of the glyph says, "Increases the amount of health you gain from resurrecting via a Soulstone by an additional 40%."

Not sure if it applies to someone you rez. Has anyone tested this?
    Opulence. I has it.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Doesn't the glyph only effect your health if you use it on yourself?
    correct

that and i'm pretty sure SS wasn't changed yet anyway, unless i totally missed something on the 4.1 notes
    Originally Posted by Bashiok
    Is there a term you have for being shown proof and choosing to dismiss it?
    Starting a Monk Blog; Celestial Fists: http://celestialfists.blogspot.com/
    Called Garrosh as end boss: 10/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by sinisterwyvern View Post
    correct

that and i'm pretty sure SS wasn't changed yet anyway, unless i totally missed something on the 4.1 notes

and you'd be wrong, because it has.

It did not work on other pre 4.1, but it does definitely work now.

So to answer your question - yes it's pretty much mandatory

Its a shame, as a affliction (SB) there are already 3 major glyphs that increase dps (soulswap, lifetap, shadowbolt), and another useful utility glyph (fear).

To answer your question, it sort of depends on your raid group. I raid in a 10man with a couple of druids and a DK, so I reckon I can spare it.

The DK bres should be avoided if at all possible, it's like 20% and unglyphable.

Personally I use soul swap, soulstone, and soul link

It will only be needed if you dont have enough druids to res to your limit in your raid team. If you have enough, glyphing for it would prove to be a raid DPS loss as druids can glyph for it and have no impact on HPS/DPS output from swapping out glyphs.

My team in 25 mans has got 3-4 DPS/healing druids so we have it covered cos the chances of all 3/4 of the druids going down before a brez can be cast is VERY rare, and usually if it happens, we are in the process of wiping anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    and you'd be wrong, because it has.
    No changes for my soulstone here Still works the same way it always did

Just to note in case people didn't know:

If you use a soulstone on someone while they are alive in a preemptive sort of way, the target will rez with 30% hp.

If you use the soulstone to actually battle rez a dead player they will rez with 70% hp.

EDIT: Just for clarification I did in fact test this and rez someone 2 times.
    Last edited by Sanoku; 2011-04-30 at 04:57 AM.

lol Blizzard really did ninja implement this.

you can cast it on live members, however you can also cast id on a dead member. there was no mention of any change to soulstone on the actual patch notes, only in passing blue posts over the last month or so since DK's were promised theirs.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by savvasp View Post
    No changes for my soulstone here Still works the same way it always did
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    lol Blizzard really did ninja implement this.

you can cast it on live members, however you can also cast id on a dead member. there was no mention of any change to soulstone on the actual patch notes, only in passing blue posts over the last month or so since DK's were promised theirs.
    Warlocks

Dark Intent: The friendly target of this ability now receives 1% (stacking 3 times to 3%) periodic spell damage and healing bonus instead of 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%). The casting Warlock still receives 3% (stacking 3 times to 9%).
    Rain of Fire damage has been increased by 25%.
    Seed of Corruption damage has been increased by 20%.
    Soulstone can now be used in combat to resurrect a targeted dead player
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-1-0

show how much people really read the patch notes
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

how are you brezing with the soulstone?... i mean, i know how... i just mean, what addon or whatever or you using to do it?... i usually have raid frames closed when i raid, so the icons are not clickable... is there a macro that will help me target dead party members?...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peepo View Post
    how are you brezing with the soulstone?... i mean, i know how... i just mean, what addon or whatever or you using to do it?... i usually have raid frames closed when i raid, so the icons are not clickable... is there a macro that will help me target dead party members?...
    Yeah called Raid frames
    any type of Raid frames or party frames
    try Grid?
    or Vuhdo or healbot or some of the Ouf_