Zanzil and Jin'Do - Not as hard as people think! Maybe this is a miniguide?

!HI!

I'm terrible at writing guides, but I am good at evaluating other guides. I'm not sure if this counts as a mini-guide, but maybe so, you decide.

Normally I don't post this stuff, but I'm seeing so much talk about how these two bosses are harder than ZA bosses. I wholeheartedly believe this isn't true. Why? Because I've just finished them both with undergeared party members. Now, don't think I'm trolling you by saying "HAHA they're easy, you're just N00bs". I'm not saying that at all. What I'm saying here is Zanzil and Jin'Do are definitely the most difficult OF the bosses in ZG, but they are easier than the bosses in ZA.

A side track: A pet peeve of mine is when people think OMFG 1 shot kills, OMFG HP and OMFG dps means a boss is difficult. I consider difficulty to be tactics. Now, these two bosses completely 100% require DPS to utilize a lot more tactics than they're used to. To tell the truth, they're kinda like beefed up Malown, where DPS had to figure out how to handle Malown and his adds successfully. Each DPS has to figure out their own way of handling the adds for both encounters.

Zanzil:
    Strategy guides out there are pretty good for this guy overall, but every single one makes 1 fatal error. I noticed this - after 8 cumulative wipes on him over this past week. What do they get wrong? Every single one says "Tank Zanzil" (each using a different reason to justify this).

Each time nailed Zanzil, I evaluated the fight. I noticed something... when we won was when I stopped tanking him. No joke. Asking one of the dpsers to tank the Zombies, or asking the tank to tank the zombies AND Zanzil lead to problems. The only times we were successful was when I left Zanzil in the middle, I built up threat in the beginning, then just kept running back and forth to hit him once or twice. The DPS had 1 priority - Kill the Beserker when he spawned. When the Zombies would spawn, I would hold threat on them, DPS would split their dps between Zanzil and the zombies.

See... Zanzil is rarely the reason why the party wipes. Zanzil's fire can 1 shot kill you, but the only people I saw get nailed by him were melee dps who didn't pay attention to the direction in which he faced.

If he's in the middle you can easily go back and forth between any of the cauldrons. Literally - you can stand at maximum distance for melee and be within 2 steps of a cauldron, or just sit at a cauldron on ranged. It blew my mind. Whenever I "Tanked" Zanzil we lost, but when I ignored Zanzil (keeping threat up at minimum), we won! That's the secret! He's a magic user - you don't really tank magic users!

Jin'Do:
    So, Phase 1 is really easy. Get in the shield when he casts Shadow of Hakkar, get out of the shield when he isn't all Shadowy and Hakkary.
    Phase 2 is where make strategy guides screw up. So this is what I wrote in my notepad. I literally copy paste this into my group speech every time I go in now. I completed Phase 2 with 2 DPSers pulling less than 7k each. Learning curve? 2-3 wipes if people haven't done it before. It tends to take newbies 2 tries to get used to this style of PvP combat. Yes, I am comparing it to PvP combat - comparable to Malown or Priestess in Magisters' Terrace.

ok so problem with this guy is that the guides are all messed up when it comes to aoe damage and adds.
    What you need to do is have people kinda run around near but NOT on the shielded chain as tank tanks one of the four spirits.
    The DPS' job is simple - Kill ALL of the adds and protect the healer, without straying too far from shielded chains.
    As you run around Jin'do the Godbreaker likes to toss out aoes that hit the ground. The guides tell you all to stack on one chain, but that's just stupid cause Jin Do will Dot that area.
    When the troll spirit selects someone to pound, that person jumps RIGHT ON THE CHAIN at the last second.
    KILL the troll spirit IMMEDIATELY after slam or its enrage damage boost will kill the tank.
    That way there is only one ground dot (from the troll spirit) at the chain so you can run away pretty fast without taking ground aoe damage.
    See the guides keep telling people to actually sit on the chain which usually means you got a ground dot (or more) from Jin Do.
    Once shield on ONE chain is down, move on to the second chain. Poeple need to run around the second chain but not on it, killing adds, kiting them, keeping them from healer.
    If you have a pet class put the pet class on first chain, pets can take the dots and not die.
    Once shield on second chain is down, go and DPS the first chain hard, it should be half health from pets by now.
    When someone is highlighted, have them run to a nearby shielded chain FAST.
    Once shield on third shield is down, KILL second chain and POP COOLDOWNS this means pop out army of the dead.
    Put Pets on the now dotted third chain, and finish that when dots are gone.
    Jin'Do is cake if everyone does their job right. Tank has to keep grabbing troll spirits, 1 for each chain, that's easy enough. I do it without much issue at all.

Dots are the killer. They really are. ONCE you master the dots - you would be hard pressed to wipe. The Mobs are so easy to kite and kill that if you let them kill the healer you really need to go back to some wrath dungeons like DTK and learn how to master ground dot avoidance.

I'm sure people can do these bosses other ways. I know my way isn't the only way. I just believe that my way is easier because I can get these bosses down with undergeared healers and DPSers using these tactics. I really can and so can you!
    Last edited by Baker St Irregulars; 2011-04-30 at 03:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good post. The problem I've seen with Jindo, every time with him... Is that people can't grasp the concept of move out of the bad and switch targets as needed.

Zanzil has always been a one shot for groups I'm in, Jindo seems to always take 30+ minutes to down, especially because his DPS requirements
    are quite a bit higher than every other boss in there as well.
    Once we gathered friends together, drank a ton of Mountain Dew and beer, and role played with paper, pencils, and books.
    Now I log onto MMOs with the same people and we only talk about how hard we PWNed that: Noob, boss, etc.
    I hate modern gaming....

One thing that is important to note on the Jin'do fight is that each time a shield is broken, the spawn rate of the Twisted Spirits increases. As a result, the strats that tell you to break all the shields, then DPS the chains, will get you over-run. Break a shield, kill the spirit, nuke the chain while the tank deals with Twisted Spirits.
    Once the chain gets to about 30%, tank heads for another spirit. When the spirit is on the platform, head to the next chain. Dots will finish off the first chain.
    Repeat for the third.
    Easy kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Becvar View Post
    One thing that is important to note on the Jin'do fight is that each time a shield is broken, the spawn rate of the Twisted Spirits increases. As a result, the strats that tell you to break all the shields, then DPS the chains, will get you over-run. Break a shield, kill the spirit, nuke the chain while the tank deals with Twisted Spirits.
    Once the chain gets to about 30%, tank heads for another spirit. When the spirit is on the platform, head to the next chain. Dots will finish off the first chain.
    Repeat for the third.
    Easy kill.
    Yes, that's a good warning too. I was in a group twice with two different undergeared healers, however, and the healers would run out of mana if we waited on each chain in a direct progression format... that's why I wound up doing it this way.. HOWEVER, I found that with a shaman or mage in the group (one time we did it two dks (one tank) + shaman dps + hunter), what we could do was let pets take the chains down for us to 1/2 way, then waste them as soon as the other shield was down. This also caused us to move away from the next chain, essentially kiting the adds as we blew our dps on the half remaining previous chain.

Two armies, elementals and heroism rocked the third chain when we blew it all at the end.

I just thought I'd explain why we did that leap frog progression

Chain 1 Shield Down - pets hit chain.
    Chain 2 shield down - Mobs move to Chain 2 shield where you were standing, group runs to finish off chain 1. Pets hit chain 2.
    Chain 3 shield down - cooldowns blown. Destroy chain 2... and annihilate chain 3.

^_^

Another valid way WOULD be how you described and to wait out disabling chain 3 shield until you destroy chain 2. ^_^

edit:holy cow this is my 100th post
    Last edited by Baker St Irregulars; 2011-04-30 at 03:35 AM.

Title could be "Zanzil and Jin'Do - Not hard if people think!".

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Brilliant!

Quote Originally Posted by Spoiledkid View Post
    Sadly that excludes 80% of WoWs players

Some might not believe me but i had groups that wiped on Kilnara and Mandokir which was pinacle of humans stupidity

It amazes me how people can level up and get to maximum level and learn NOTHING... and tbh i feel like they didnt evolved but devolved to being even more stupid >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    All this bosses are easymode, but there is the problem...
    New satchel gave us VERY bad healers. ZG and ZA fights involves smart healing, not just spamming 1 or 2 heals on tank as it is in ter 1 heroics.
    If you want to success in this, take a good healer from your realm/guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Sadly that excludes 80% of WoWs players

Some might not believe me but i had groups that wiped on Kilnara and Mandokir which was pinacle of humans stupidity

It amazes me how people can level up and get to maximum level and learn NOTHING... and tbh i feel like they didnt evolved but devolved to being even more stupid >.<
    It amazes me how people can gear up into epics and say "why do i need to stand in this shield? t slows my casts down"
    or "lol why do i need to listen a mage with 87k mana"
    or on venoxis fight after wipe due to not broken link from healer and boomkin. Heal:"why do i need to move? i am a healer, the other person should run"
    Me:"she was in dead end, and you have had to move 2-3 yrd to break it, didn't you saw?"
    Heal:"lol, how can i heal on move? (she is shaman)"
    Me:"you have a CD..."
    Heal:"LOL i don't waste a CD on that kind of shit"
    Me:"yeah, it is better to wipe your group, and then complain about everyone doing this wrong"
    then she left after we pulled boss.
    But luck was on our side and we managed this fght with... boomkin healer
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2011-04-30 at 04:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    All this bosses are easymode, but there is the problem...
    New satchel gave us VERY bad healers. ZG and ZA fights involves smart healing, not just spamming 1 or 2 heals on tank as it is in ter 1 heroics.
    If you want to success in this, take a good healer from your realm/guild.

It amazes me how people can gear up into epics and say "why do i need to stand in this shield? t slows my casts down"
    or "lol why do i need to listen a mage with 87k mana"
    or on venoxis fight after wipe due to not broken link from healer and boomkin. Heal:"why do i need to move? i am a healer, the other person should run"
    Me:"she was in dead end, and you have had to move 2-3 yrd to break it, didn't you saw?"
    Heal:"lol, how can i heal on move? (she is shaman)"
    Me:"you have a CD..."
    Heal:"LOL i don't waste a CD on that kind of shit"
    Me:"yeah, it is better to wipe your group, and then complain about everyone doing this wrong"
    then she left after we pulled boss.
    But luck was on our side and we managed this fght with... boomkin healer
    Believe it or not, I soloed the snake dude for more than 45% of his health after the party wiped halfway through (Blizzard was strong in the Lag Force). I failed to down the last 5% because of a lag spike that prevented me from moving out of the way of his poison cone. LOL

The snake dude does very little physical damage overall, most of the damage is all poison based. I bet even a warrior/paladin tank could do what I was doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker St Irregulars View Post
    Believe it or not, I soloed the snake dude for more than 45% of his health after the party wiped halfway through (Blizzard was strong in the Lag Force). I failed to down the last 5% because of a lag spike that prevented me from moving out of the way of his poison cone. LOL

The snake dude does very little physical damage overall, most of the damage is all poison based. I bet even a warrior/paladin tank could do what I was doing.
    Yeah... I actually was, even though it wasn't 45% solo, but rather ~50% together with my healer and the last 15% solo as a warrior tank. There's completely avoidable poison damage and the poison link even targetted the other party members trying to reenter the bossfight and dying to do so. My healer simply died due to lag... and I've specced into "Impending Victory" (vastly underrated talent, imho), allowing me to heal myself with up to 3-4 hps, depending on proc-luck.

As for Zanzil, I've always continued to tank him, since I find it speeds the fight up quite a bit reflecting his shadowbolt once in a while into his face and tanking the zombies with the red cauldron buff right on top of him.

Concerning your comment on how both Zanzil and Jin'do are easier than the ZA-bosses, I have to disagree, though. Absolutely all Zul'Aman Bosses are very easy to kill. They've barely changed from their BC alter egos:
    1. Akil'zon: Kill the eagles (they really die fast) and position yourself under the cloud, when the storm happens.
    2. Nalorakk: Establish a 3-person rotation on who stands the furthest from the boss, let your tank pull a defensive cooldown on the heavy bleed effect.
    3. Jan'alai: Dont stand in his flame breath. Avoid the bombs. Kill one Hatcher on their first spawn, letting the other side of eggs hatch completely, kill dragonhawks and surviving hatcher. Then kill all other hatchers coming, letting the other side of eggs hatch all at once. Great for bombing, again let tank pull a defensive cooldown on this.
    4. Halazzi: Let tank pull him out of Healing totem (he should start moving before the totem is placed, it won't even tick once this way), let dps focus down lightning totem and lynx add, tell your healer to fu**ing dispel!
    5. Hexlord Malacrass: In case you don't have two suitable CCs in your group, burn down one add (both if you really don't have any at all), then simply focus the Hexlord down. It's easy as this... in most cases you don't even need to counter his siphoned abilities, as they only do minor damage. Healings should be interrupted, even though I've yet not seen him siphon a healer. Pretty sure, he does it, though.
    6. Daakara: Only three phases: Troll, Aspect 1 & Aspect 2. As of now I've always got lynx and dragonhawk, but there are two others as well (bear & eagle). Tactic is about the same as in BC times: Heal up the Grievous Throw and Whirlwind in troll phase.
    Eagle: Avoid the cyclones, kill lightning totems, heal through the zaps.
    Bear: Whoever got charged has to make sure he's not the one the farthest away, establish a rotation. Heavy damage on tank needs to be healed, pop defensive cooldown when necessary. Fu**ing dispel the Creeping Paralysis!
    Dragonhawk: Avoid Flamebreath and Column of Fire (move out of the bad stuff) and heal through Flame Whirl.
    Lynx: Ignore the Adds (tank should bind them) and let those party members who get targetted by Lynx Rush evade it in any way possible (Hand of Protection, Iceblock, Feign Death, Vanish, Shield Wall (if your DPS-Warrior doesn't carry a shield with him, slam his face into the ground), etc. or simply let someone die once when a battle resurrection is available. Also save all your Dmg-cooldowns for this phase, especially Heroism.

Congratulations, you've just beaten Zul'Aman and most likely found it to be easier than either Zanzil or Jin'do. Well, Jin'do at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krostas View Post
    Healings should be interrupted, even though I've yet not seen him siphon a healer. Pretty sure, he does it, though.
    Can confirm he does. Both times we run, he copied holy light from our hpally.

OP: GREAT guide man, it's gonna help a lot for sure.
    ~ My mounts collection ~

~ Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned ~
    Thanks Elyaan for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyankha View Post
    Can confirm he does. Both times we run, he copied holy light from our hpally.

OP: GREAT guide man, it's gonna help a lot for sure.
    When he did this to me as resto druid, he just moonfired everyone :O
    Warriors in PvP are like small hyperactive children in a candy shop made of bouncy castle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baker St Irregulars View Post
    ... get out of the shield when he isn't all Shadowy and Hakkary...
    I'd give the entire guide 5 stars for this comment alone. No idea why but I almost spit my drink reading it.

Overall this guide is surprisingly very solid. When I read many of the other guides, I noticed a lot of the things he points out in his, which seemed obvious enough, but it's a whole different ballgame when you're actually seeing them for the first time. That being said, having a guide like this (assuming anyone who actually needs the help will find it) will be very helpful to people running it for the first time, or simply trying to make their runs more smooth.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Krostas View Post
    5. Hexlord Malacrass: In case you don't have two suitable CCs in your group, burn down one add (both if you really don't have any at all), then simply focus the Hexlord down. It's easy as this... in most cases you don't even need to counter his siphoned abilities, as they only do minor damage. Healings should be interrupted, even though I've yet not seen him siphon a healer. Pretty sure, he does it, though.
    Got a 2x priest, and he healed. So that is possible.
    The most annoying one is paladin. He does the AoE Damage on the ground that ticks for alot.
    The only time 2 DPS went down.
    For the rest an easy fight!

Spot on guide man. There is only one major flaw, and it has nothing to do with your guide. So far I have seen one issue effectiong all pugs in the new ZA/ZG. That being, nobody wants to take the time to go look up a strat. It still amazes me how many lazy herptards out there would rather wipe in a run for 3 hours and complain rather than take 5 min to go watch a video or two on the new content they are about to try. These fights are by far not hard or over tuned in any way. The hand holding ways of the world we live in has saddly conditioned most people to be super lazy and never think they should have to work for anything. Yes it is a game, but every game comes with an instruction manual you will need to read b 4 you play. Seeing as this is an ever expanding game you are going to need to keep yourself up to date on the current instruction manual.

Moral of the story is: If you haven't killed it, look it up.
    If 95% of the ppl you meet in WoW are retards, and the population of WoW is a random sampling of the ppl of the world, then it is my observation that the human race is doomed to derp itself to extinction.

tyvm everyone ^_^

Ryngo - haha yeah I try to insert some goofy stuff when I explain to my party whenever I explain fights. I do it because there was a study a few years ago about how comedy helps people to remember when they're first learning something... If I surprise my party with a joke or something amusing they'll most likely remember it under situations of stress

Regarding Hexlord Malacrass - I got screwed on him the one time I was able to face him down without being disconnected. He copied paladin's holy light and the avenging spirit or whatever it is when paladins grow wings.... full healed himself. Supposedly you can "interrupt" holy light. All of us tried. He was "immune". No, he wasn't bubbled, or had any other immunity granting spell on him. I'm told that was a bug. Well, bug or not we were screwed. Party wiped, and then server d/ced and booted us all. I'm waiting until next week before I try ZA again, hopefully for all the major bugs to get worked out.