Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Heres a great way to fix this problem, make it so if you have more than 1k resilience you cant que for a dungeon.
    Of course this doesnt keep people from putting on another set for another spec to counter act this but it would help alot with the PvP people queing for dungeons.

[edit]: Also another way is to make it so the Ilvl from PvP gear is lowered... sense it has no purpose to begin with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just needed to read the first sentences to think this is a stupid thing to whine about. Most of the Heroic dungeons are tuned for blue ilvl 333 gear in the game and I personally never had any huge problems healing in those dungeons when using blue PvP gear, as a Holy Paladin (I only do PvP, nowadays, but I once did some hardcore raiding.). PvP gear has just as good stats as the gear with the same ilvl in PvE, in terms of primary ones, plus you have more health, overall, which makes it an advantage in some fights than others, so it is not that worthless.

Also, I have BiS PvP gear with tier 2 weapon and shield. Don't want me to queu up, despite that I know how to heal and learn easily how to do the encounters? Well, that's too bad for you, then, since I bet you will not find many competent players queuing up, anyway, even if with the "requirements" you desire, in terms of gear.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-04-30 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    If you have pvp gear on (full pvp gear, not including trinks/rings/neck mind you) you're getting a kick immediately. I don't care how much dps you say you can do, I don't give a damn, you're getting kicked.

I'm sorry for you.

"You can't fix stupid"

PVP is a joke, the gear is even worse.

but, minus resilience it is more than enough to do the dungeon. Any dungeon. The real problem here is either you or your terrible groups.

Explain how lacking 2% haste or 500regen on your gear makes the dungeon any harder?

The only problem would be tanks lacking doge/parry but even that is not enough to make a difference when everyone is paying attention.

The problem is and always has been bad players and the lfgt assembling people based on some extradimensional horoscope and not important things like experience or skill.

I wouldn't allow someone in all pvp gear into a raid...but one or two pieces won't hurt.

PVP gear in general is a bad idea. Resilience should be a global buff/debuff players should be encouraged to run regular content or pvp should offer gear that is at least somewhat statted to be more useful in pve so that people will stop crying about resilience in pve.

It's still a win/win for blizzard because a lot of pvp players have the reflexes and speed of mind to do PVE appropriately and people will still be playing just as long to get their gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kortin View Post
    If you have pvp gear on (full pvp gear, not including trinks/rings/neck mind you) you're getting a kick immediately. I don't care how much dps you say you can do, I don't give a damn, you're getting kicked.
    This includes healers, then, I guess? Well, too bad you do not want my 3+ years healing experience, when playing a dungeon, including some hardcore raiding, simply because I am in BiS PvP gear. It's not like Heroic dungeons are tuned for having the basic minimum ilvl gear, regardless if you have PvP or PvE gear... Oh, wait.

Deleted
    people are so fucking stupid it hurts

The problem isn't the actual gear, it's that the iLevel allows people to get in heroics without actually having any experience in them. Theoretically you could get from 1-85 without doing a single dungeon, buy a bunch of pvp gear and then queue for the new dungeons as a tank or a healer because you have the gear for it, but actually don't know how to play in a heroic enviroment (or don't know how your rotation works at 85 because pve rotations are quite different to pvp).

Deleted
    People seem to use the PVP gear as a scapegoat to blame some idiotic player for what they've done in a single dungeon. Idiotic players and "bad" gear are just ridiculous.

Resilience, is obviously a wasted stat in PVE environments, and as such, the person wearing the gear is missing out on some degree of secondary stat, Mastery, Haste, Crit, and so on. Although this is not groundbreaking, they are still gaining their main primary stat, as well as a single secondary stat on most pieces of gear. This means that the gear is actually viable for what they need to do.

Personally, I've tanked, healed, and DPSd in PVP gear, and not particularly good gear, and done fine, because I'm not an idiot who has no idea about the dungeon in question, or some other reason.

In short, PVP gear is not to be scapegoated for idiotic players judgements. So please, stop doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Me on my Mage and my Hunter buddy have levelled together, but at 85 he decided to go for PvP only, while I went for PvE only.

Result? he pulls 16k overall dps in a Heroic dungeon with no gimmicks (buffs that increase damage done etc.), while I pull 14k. He is about 3 ilvls ahead of me, but it just goes to show that even full PvP gear is enough for decent players to carry their weight (and then some!) in HCs.
    He also can pull 14k+ dps on Argaloth 10, while I yet have to get a group for it
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascherzon
    He doesn't read topics before he posts - he just takes a dump, smears it all over his face, rolls his face across the keyboard and presses post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zackk View Post
    For DPS it's absolutely OK/ for healers - ummm, maybe/ for tanks... just no...
    It's "OK" to enter a dungeon with 346 stuff in your bag but all equipped greens because Blizz allows it.
    Doesn't mean it's right or fair.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 03:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nasser View Post
    Me on my Mage and my Hunter buddy have levelled together, but at 85 he decided to go for PvP only, while I went for PvE only.

Result? he pulls 16k overall dps in a Heroic dungeon with no gimmicks (buffs that increase damage done etc.), while I pull 14k. He is about 3 ilvls ahead of me, but it just goes to show that even full PvP gear is enough for decent players to carry their weight (and then some!) in HCs.
    He also can pull 14k+ dps on Argaloth 10, while I yet have to get a group for it
    14k for a hunter in BH is absolutely horrible.Yes Horrible.

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 03:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    This includes healers, then, I guess? Well, too bad you do not want my 3+ years healing experience, when playing a dungeon, including some hardcore raiding, simply because I am in BiS PvP gear. It's not like Heroic dungeons are tuned for having the basic minimum ilvl gear, regardless if you have PvP or PvE gear... Oh, wait.
    I actually don't want your healing if your in Pvp anything. Take your experience and go heal some bg's. If you were so experienced you wouldn't be entering dungeons with pvp crap.

Furthermore, alot of these people are Dps that are queueing as tanks for a satchel, slowing up my day and all the correctly geared peoples days too!
    Last edited by maxalyss; 2011-04-30 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah generally speaking PvP gear in PvE is one of the reasons people give when a player plays badly, but 95% of the time I'm sure the player would be doing just as bad if they were in PvE gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    I actually don't want your healing if your in Pvp anything. Take your experience and go heal some bg's. If you were so experienced you wouldn't be entering dungeons with pvp crap.

Furthermore, alot of these people are Dps that are queueing as tanks for a satchel, slowing up my day and all the correctly geared peoples days too!
    Well, your moronic opinion will still not stop me from queuing. Just because you think you are entitled to having dungeons only for people with PvE gear will not make any PvPer who wants to do a simple Heroic dungeon stop queuing up.

Also, I only have PvP gear because I do not bother with PvE, anymore, plus that not until recently I have been interested in doing Heroic dungeons, again, since I have started to have some fun doing them. Just because I am wearing PvP gear, it will not stop me from completing the dungeons, since they simply aren't tuned for the requirements you seem to desire. Besides, skill =/= gear, but I guess you are still living in the "WotLK" era where you needed to have ICC/ToC gear to be able to do dungeons with pricks like you, despite that they were not even hard when having blue gear, at the start of the expansion!

A player who knows how to "not stand in fire" and is able to pull off the fights in the instance, while at the same time wearing PvP gear, is more valuable than any fully PvE geared player who can not do that. Stop judging everyone doing PvP as they are scrubs, when the same things can be applied to many PvErs, too.

Also, get your PvE asses out of my BGs, if you are going to try and throw us PvPers out of the Heroic dungeons. Unlike PvE Heroic dungeons, PvP gear IS a requirement to actually be able to PvP properly.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2011-05-01 at 11:07 AM.