Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

PvP gear in dungeons :<

I'm fairly sure there are a million posts about this already, but I'm not just moaning I'm pondering ways it would be stopped.

Everyone must be aware by now that a lot of people like to wear pvp gear to get into dungeons. In regular dungeon heroics it was tolerable, and they could still be done.
    But now in these zandalari heroics, people still are, and it is causing a lot of problems, at least from what I am seeing. People turning up in near-full vicious, or even bloodthirsty, simply able to get in because of the item level the gear supplies, and not sufficiently participating to the run as they are wearing pvp gear, and I hate to be the bearer of bad news to everyone who does it, but resilience is about as useful as a wet toilet paper roll in a dungeon. It is especially horrible when the tank or healer is in full pvp as they are support roles and need all the stats they can get their hands on to perform to a standard, especially against well-geared DPS.

It has caused so many of my runs to end before the first boss is even killed, and since call to arms hasn't done anything to dungeon queues, these are infrequent dungeons I get to do only to have them cut very short by some fool in pvp gear thinking hes all that and a bag of chips.

A simple solution: stop pvp gear from scaling item levels, or at least have PvE and PvP item levels seperate.

Godamn.

15+ Year Old Account
    PvP gear is better than heroic gear for many classes(Melee and Hunters, mainly).

Make it not raise iLevel would actually hurt those classes DPS. Do you want that? Really?

10+ Year Old Account
    i pull way more then most ppl in every dungeon i go into and im in full vicious http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...egrudge/simple i pull 20k+ on almost every pull, its the ppl ur running into not the gear they are wearing.

Yeah its the people. I've rand 5 mans with the whole group in pvp gear and we were fine..

On my hunter alt I can't even queue for the new heroics unless I buy an item from the JP vendor. I'm still able to pull 14k avg. One time someone complained about my gear, I guess they just had a terrible hunter prior to me joining, but later apologized :P.

Gear doesn't bother me. Terrible players bother me. A lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of strength/stats my ret paladin gets from the epic pvp gear is still better the current JP gear. Peeps hopefully remember to get some hit in though for heroics.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.

I pull 19k dps in the new troll dungeons with my ele pvp gear so i feel like you should blame the player not the gear

Deleted
    For dps it's ok to run heroics in 352 pvp gears vie done it with most classes and can do at least 12k dps on each one. Even for healers pvp gears didn't really hamper me much. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying you should ditch pve gears to do dungeons, just saying that it's not as bad as some people say especially with the 4 piece bonus. It's a no-no for tanking though.

Deleted
    For DPS it's absolutely OK/ for healers - ummm, maybe/ for tanks... just no...

I'm doing 10BWD on my alt Warrior in full Viscious... pulling 20k. Whats your beef?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you have pvp gear on (full pvp gear, not including trinks/rings/neck mind you) you're getting a kick immediately. I don't care how much dps you say you can do, I don't give a damn, you're getting kicked.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

I can heal ZG/ZA just fine on my Paladin in full PvP gear. No issues at all. Granted, all I really do on him is PvP so I don't really have any other option.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have met people in full pvp gear kicking ass at what they do in dungeons.
    Yesterday I had a full blue pvpgeared resto druid, gemmed and enchanted with a mix of resiliance and intelect.
    Not a single player died the entire run and we didn't cc for the most part.

But then there's other guys. I remember a hunter in pvp gear. He had less overall dmg done than me (tank) even after the multishot buff.

In conclusion, bad players are bad. Pvp gear makes bad players even worse but pvp gear on a great player makes no difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manlypecs
    It's always safe to blame the healer, since healers aren't real people anyway.

What's already been said. It's the ppl, not the gear. For the 'I don't care blabla, pvpgear=kick', narrowminded much? Try them on and see that they might be outdpsing you by miles instead of replacing and getting a warrior in with half'n'half dps/tankgear to try and do the job.

oh wait, a retri with blues, you're probably kicking them cuz they DO outdps you and you fail to see how and why.

Deleted
    Dear mr OP

when scrubs stop useing pve gear in pvp
    then scrubs will stop useing pvp gear in pve

ppl who like do do BG´s see scrubs join the battle in their quest greens and rubish 333 gear all the time,
    and thats just a freaking pain in the ass.
    atleast your super hard pro extra HC req an ilvl of 346

so stop your qq and suck it up

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    PvP gear is better than heroic gear for many classes(Melee and Hunters, mainly).

Make it not raise iLevel would actually hurt those classes DPS. Do you want that? Really?
    so you say that the itemlvl 346 pvp gear is better than the 346 pvp gear? plz stop talking shit

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 06:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Beyaz View Post
    Dear mr OP

when scrubs stop useing pve gear in pvp
    then scrubs will stop useing pvp gear in pve

ppl who like do do BG´s see scrubs join the battle in their quest greens and rubish 333 gear all the time,
    and thats just a freaking pain in the ass.
    atleast your super hard pro extra HC req an ilvl of 346

so stop your qq and suck it up
    so plz tell me where you can get pvp gear, if you cant pvp.... stupid comparison.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara1984 View Post
    so you say that the itemlvl 346 pvp gear is better than the 346 pvp gear? plz stop talking shit[COLOR="red"]
    Blue PvP gear is 352.

If you don't even know the Item level of PvP gear, how do you know it's worse?

But I'll explain this to you.
    1) Str/Agi is by far the best stat for Melee/Hunters(For hunters, Agi is 3x as important as the next best stat).
    2) Higher iLevel means higher Str/Agi
    3)Check the 2 and 4 set. The 2 set, for hunters atleast(Maybe more for Warr/Pally/DK/Rogue) is worth 210 of a secondary stat. 4 set is worth 270. Those stack. 4 set is worth(For example) 480 haste. That's without the base higher STR/Agi.

4) For weapons, DPS on an item is by FAR more important than anything else. Comparing the PvP Axe and the Blue Heroic axe you would gain 37 dps(AND it's slower, which is even bigger), 13 crit, and 20 Str. At the cost of 200 expertise.
    Last edited by seam; 2011-04-30 at 07:14 AM.

It isn't a huge problem and most of us have used PvP gear for PvE in some situation... Vicious is usually better for melee than 346 though, a lot better.

I agree though, however, instead of making the iLevel scaling different, just reduce the iLevel of PvP gear to how it should be compared to PvE gear. That way you will have less people using it because of its iLevel and people could make easy decisions whether it were an upgrade to their 346 piece or not.

It's not like people actually use iLevel for PvP anyways.
    Last edited by njorde; 2011-04-30 at 07:34 AM.

Anyone else tired of this old thread? If for some reason if your nearing Full vicious.. or similar gear if your not pulling somewhere in the numbers of 16-17k+ YOU are doing something wrong..

The person has either:
    1) Not reached a hit cap for lvl 87 Mobs
    2) Have Little to none Expertise
    3) Has no ability/skill with their class for PVE

Blame the person.. not the gear. i don't feel like bringing my Rogue to raids when i enjoy the raid environment healing on my shaman when i can do similar damage by swapping out rings and trinkets.
    The all so important Mage discussion...
    "Yeah sure sounds great it should also make all our frost bolts for 30 seconds instant cast and let us fly in battlegrounds." - *MagicMert*
    "Haha!! You made drink come out my nose" - *Grondath*
    "Don't do that again! I almost spilled coke on my keyboard, lol." - *Diesta*
    "Just do it like the rest of us... dont stand in it" - *Frostphoxx*