Spiritbinder Spaulders bugged?

So I recently "upgraded" to Spiritbinder Spaulders from the Seafoam Mantle, but have noticed my intellect dropping by nearly 50 points, as well my mana by nearly 2800 points. They both received my inscription shoulder enchant, a gem which offers 20 intellect along with some other stat, but for some reason I have lost instead of gained. Can anyone let me know if they have had a similar issue with this item, or if there is a known bug. The Spiritbinder Spaulders offer 5 more intellect when compared, and the only thing I can suspect is that they aren't being recognized as mail therefore not activating my mail specialization bonus.

Deleted
    your meta gem is no longer active

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gawwad View Post
    your meta gem is no longer active
    Heh, that awnser is correct 90% of the time when people think the stats are bugged.

checked meta gem? if you're using http://www.wowhead.com/item=52296 that could apply for you.

No, that's the thing... My meta gem is still active.

Deleted
    Link your armory then
    Edit: or give your name and realm

Nope.. I checked to see if meta was activated while my Seafoam Mantle shoulders were equipped. Looks like you guys are right. I'd be lying if I said I didn't feel embarrassed right now, lol. Thanks