Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Closed SRP Sign-Up] Tendrils of the Nightmare

Okay, so I've been itching to try my hand at the whole RP business again, and an idea presented itself: a survival RP with elements of horror set in the Emerald Dream.

Basic plotline: After the Firelord was pushed back at Mount Hyjal, victory seemed assured. However, the Twilight's Hammer has managed to take hold of several powerful druids and corrupted them. These fallen champions of Hyjal were used to empower the Emerald Nightmare in hopes of chaining Malfurion Stormrage once again, together with his select archdruids. Fortunately, the assault failed, but several weaker dreamers have been claimed by the Nightmare. Now these lost souls find themselves stranded in a world they once held in the palm of their hand... cursed and twisted beyond what they thought possible. Some of the unafflicted have advocated the destruction of the dreaming bodies, remembering all too well what happened last time the Nightmare grew strong, but Ysera and Malfurion are trying their best to reach out and help their lost brethren. Now the question arises: will the dreamers ever find their way back into the Waking World... or will they only fuel the falling twilight?

Characters admitted: There are three groups to consider. There are the trapped druids and green dragons still in the Nightmare. Then there's an expedition of mixed classes sent through a portal created by Ysera, these are trying to save those trapped. The third group are the Twilight's Hammer who have entered the Nightmare through a portal of their own. Keep in mind though that the Nightmare is fickle and unpredictable, and will attack ALL the three groups.

I myself will be bringing Kanni. She's a savagekin, constantly halfway between Troll and tiger form. She's a good shapeshifter, most often using her tiger and bat forms (basically she's a Feral). The problem is she refuses to become a member of the Cenarion Circle, which has in the past caused some tension with members of the organisation.
    Last edited by mmoc8b3023a1c1; 2011-04-30 at 03:22 PM.

Since I lack both a Druid or a Green Dragon, I guess I could opt-in with my Twilight Ascendant? Well, that's if you're interested in a bad guy(girl?). If not, maybe my Bronze Wyrm could fit in. I'm not completely sure.

The criteria for this is really slim, and I don't think there are a lot of role playing Green Dragons and Druids. You may struggle for sign-ups, so those permitted needs to definetly be widened.

Deleted
    Hmmm bad guys... could be interesting. Okay, will be changing the admitted characters a tad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sadness, the only druid character I have is my worgen, Areto. Which I have yet to type out her bio. >.< Aaand other than that.. Two blood elves. One being a half shivan, the other being a lich dragon in disguise. Yup.

I should probably type out Areto's bio. >>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    Characters admitted: Then there's an expedition of mixed classes sent through a portal created by Ysera, these are trying to save those trapped.
    I could bring my battlemage Feanor to protect any mages in the mixed classes group.

Deleted
    I'll be joining on Terinisera, or Terin, a lively Green Drake. ( Basically, she's a youngling, on the verge of maturing. )

I can be either a captive in the dream, or one of the 'saviors' depending on which you need.

I shall be joining as End'ghao, my green drake.

I can be either or, at your discretion.

Hmm I would like to enter with a more exotic character if he will be admitted, Kalysaad the Tempter, as a member of the Burning Legion.
    I would propose allying with the Twilight/Elyaan (both chaotic evil so the best match) to research the remains of Xavius/the Satyr in the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Khorianas View Post
    Hmm I would like to enter with a more exotic character if he will be admitted, Kalysaad the Tempter, as a member of the Burning Legion.
    I would propose allying with the Twilight/Elyaan (both chaotic evil so the best match) to research the remains of Xavius/the Satyr in the dream.
    If you're bringing a Legion demon, I'd rather bring my Eredar. Otherwise, I don't think the Twilight's Hammer would ally well with the Burning Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elyaan View Post
    If you're bringing a Legion demon, I'd rather bring my Eredar. Otherwise, I don't think the Twilight's Hammer would ally well with the Burning Legion.
    No, I don't think they would...

Tell you what, I'll come up with something if there is no interest for the Twilight faction. After all, it's just a guideline for now.

Maybe I could bring Thedelion? A Spell-breaker might come in handy in there

If not, I can always whip up a quick story of some dragon/druid or other

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    Maybe I could bring Thedelion? A Spell-breaker might come in handy in there

If not, I can always whip up a quick story of some dragon/druid or other
    A spellbreaker will be more than welcome. Let me explain.

Update

Magic within the Dream doesn't work the same way as in the Waking World. In the uncontaminated areas, many arcane spells are bolstered according to the closeness of ley-lines. If the line itself is too close, the spell may get out of hand, which is why the rescue team's arcane casters will need spellbreakers to accompany them. Elemental powers work normally, but keep in mind that the land is very much different from the Azeroth we know. Druidic powers are bolstered as well, and a druid may find the land reshaping itself according to their wishes.

The Nightmare however has some unpredictable consequences when it comes to magic. Arcane becomes hard to control and will require the full attention of at least two casters lest the spell backfire or even turn into another spell entirely. Shaman will find it more difficult to call upon the Elements (as in the spells will require longer to cast, but their efficiency is not dampened). Druids (and by extention green dragonkin) will be wise not to use their powers within the Nightmare at all, for they can easily be turned against them by the spreading darkness. If they do chance a spell, there is a strong possibility it will morph into something potentially dangerous to them, or even corrupt the caster.

O.o sounds... Difficult, to say the least. But, whoever said a rescue mission into the Nightmare would be easy?

I look forward to braving the depths of the Nightmare with you, comrades!

10+ Year Old Account
    When do you think you will have this up and running?

I could bring Venarion in for the Rescue team. Having another member (Besides the Spellbreaker) Who is completely unreliant on magic, might be helpful.

Also - How does Divine magic work? In the Nightmare

I would like to bring Shaza'kiel into the "rescue" party. He has no interest in rescuing anyone, but feels there may be some worthy opponents within the Nightmare. May have some interesting clashes if there are going to be Legion adversaries involved.
    Death is the only true release, the only real freedom.

Sora Dawnblade Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...94#post8142294

Shaza'Kiel Bio. http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...69#post8342969

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadoor View Post
    When do you think you will have this up and running?
    When I feel we have enough people. IMO we're approaching our quota.

Sorry for the prolonged absence BTW.

Hey Lokann, have you thought of the plot for the Legion's involvement? And additionally, do the strange behaving magics also apply to fel magics?

Deleted
    I have thought it through, I'll reveal it later on. Also, fel magic is not present in the Nightmare as such, so the Legion minions will have to use the energies of the ley lines, like the arcane casters.

Alright. just wanted to clear that up beforehand. Can't wait for your plot.