Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nenito View Post
    How can you really help someone that doesnt want you to help him? seriously, some people (those that do 4k) play the game like that because they give 2 fucks about the group. They wont ask for help, and if you give them, theyll ignore it completely.

From what I've noticed a majority of what people seem to think is "help" involves insulting the tank/healer/dps occasionally punctuated with pointless advise like you should be doing X DPS or L2 heal, so on and so forth.

There are some really kind hearted folks out there willing to help the tank/healer/dps improve but most folks really don't know what helping means.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the tanks in this thread griping about their groups, like those of us who play DPS aren't seeing every crap ungeared or PVP-geared tank in WoW, usually accompanied by some feral druid in cloth claiming to be a healer...
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    Lol at the "it's your fault" posts. The only reason tanks get mad at people is because they are doing something wrong. How's about this, learn to play your class correctly and tanks won't give you grief. They have too much to worry about as it is without wiping the noses of bad players who are for some reason in heroics. If you don't want to play your class correctly, then don't drag other people down with your sub-standard ability. Expac has been out for months, there is no excuse for not knowing your class outisde of pure stupidity and nihilism.
    Generally speaking I blame this on Wrath. I like Wrath in a lot of ways. However, what Wrath taught DPS was that their one and only role in a group is to get their DPS as high as possible. Basically what we have now is that every instance up to the Cata instances are AOE max DPS to the hilt. So when folks his Cata heroics epically they have no clue what to do and so they just default to DPS to the max and end up wiping their group.

Quote Originally Posted by Crucialus View Post
    I call fake on this. Green gear doesn't equal for the ilvl needed to queue on a pug. :/ And if he had better on the bags, why not equip it?
    lol youd think id fake a post? rofl
    no youre wrong
    average item lvl
    u need 329 to queue for heroics, and i said he had some 346 peices, 333s too
    also he coulda had healer or tank gear in his bags

You deserved to get kicked to be honest. I hate it when people act like elitists.

EDIT: Same goes for you Aestu

And then you wonder why you get kicked... You can handle a "moronic" group on a completely different way. A more friendly way which works a lot better.
    Last edited by Viperdream; 2011-04-30 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenito View Post
    How can you really help someone that doesnt want you to help him? seriously, some people (those that do 4k) play the game like that because they give 2 fucks about the group. They wont ask for help, and if you give them, theyll ignore it completely.
    group effort
    if someone doesnt care about the welfare of the group they shouldnt be there, wasting 4 other ppls time

---------- Post added 2011-04-30 at 07:11 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Viperdream View Post
    You deserved to get kicked to be honest. I hate it when people act like elitists.
    how did i act elitest
    if i was being elitest i wouldve insulted all the other DPS under me
    but 4k in an 85 heroic? thats really really bad
    also when his failure to CC and failure at pulling wipes the group
    sorry i have some standards for LFG pugs

Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    I heard tips and pointers can turn a green agility polearm into an epic hammer.

OH WAIT.
    i heard googling your rotation and learning your own class is hard

OWAITLOL...

15+ Year Old Account
    Ever since CTA has been around, I've had the worst people I've ever seen in my entire 5+ year wow life. (Except this 1 shaman healer who was amazing...)

I'm sorry but 6k dps was first tier of wrath raiding dps benchmark.. If you cant break that now, you shouldn't really play the game...
    When you try to help people or tell them what to do, they just QQQQQQQQQQQ dont tell me how to play QQQQQQQQQQ

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    From what I've noticed a majority of what people seem to think is "help" involves insulting the tank/healer/dps occasionally punctuated with pointless advise like you should be doing X DPS or L2 heal, so on and so forth.

There are some really kind hearted folks out there willing to help the tank/healer/dps improve but most folks really don't know what helping means.
    This, I was doing horrible on my mage in the heroic I joined last night. I'm still gearing her up but a warlock in the group actually took the time to offer me help and I gladly accepted. Yes I have done research but ANY help is welcomed and appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because every single pug is like this, and there are not good pugs occasionally? I understand, the bag is completely random with how much gold it gives to, one time got 67, next was like 16. but basing your future off of one bad pug isn't really wise

10+ Year Old Account
    Side effect of Blizzard catering to casual players.

You cannot blame a player who is playing to have fun, for entering a LFD instance.

But many just don't have the skill. LFD is a bad idea, much better to go with friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannshow View Post
    Why is it that people expect the tanks to help out all the dps. I for one do not play their class, so why should I give them advice on it
    Why is it that when a tank fails he can't accept any friendly advice or tips from dps? Being arrogant works both ways. You're in a group, accept and share help. It's an online game for a reason, if you wanna play single than do so in a single player game.

15+ Year Old Account
    People are also forgetting that its a random "HEROIC" right? Heroic means harder... means you have to play better..... 5 man, 10 man or 25 man.. its all the same.... heroic is harder... if you can't "play the game", then you shouldn't join a heroic.

The main issue I have found with CtA is awful healers that should be queuing as DPS, but instead want a satchel even though they have no idea how to heal (oom in 20 seconds). There are bad tanks here and there (I tank most of my pug runs so I don't see them as much) but heals tend to be the bad part. It shows the most in the new heroics. The other issue is awful DPS that have zero situational awareness. Just because they were able to grind easy old heroics for 346 gear does not mean they possess the ability to do the new heroics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Starskee View Post
    The only reason tanks get mad at people is because they are doing something wrong.
    Ha, this is so wrong. I've had endless numbers of instances where the tank has either pulled too much and wiped, or failed at a mechanic, and his gut reaction is to rage out at people and call everyone else bad.

I would never slow down overall group progress just because 1 person is under-performing. I would just wait for the kick timer to come up then kick the person, or if they aren't under-performing that badly and can easily be carried through (~8k dps is fine imo) then who cares?

I don't think its worth getting worked up over though, the heroics are easy to finish with the claimed dps you said.

Oh and most fail players I encounter tend to be tanks. But thats probably just because I'm a healer and am not picky at all about dps I usually end up interupting and CCing as healer because then at least I know its being done.

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    These players aren't playing for "fun", they're playing for welfare epics so they can epeen in the virtual world. Proof being they make no effort and do whatever gives purples no matter how tedious and insipid, and they duck any opportunity to challenge themselves or play that which the game is - to down bosses through gameplay. [/I][/B]
    The only people that really care about welfare epics and epeening are the people are are more hardcore. All an epic is a color of digital gear. It has no meaning what so ever. It only matters in one environment and that is in game. For people that don't spend lots and lots of time in game the silly color of gear has not a lot of meaning.

For people that invest 4-7 nights a week raiding and countless hours gearing up and prepping for raiding I totally get the whole welfare epics outrage. It would be like if suddenly you could a a law degree by taking a handful of online classes rather then hours and hours of work required to get a law degree today.

I know people like to think of this game as a "sport" or call what goes on skill. To a certain degree they are right. However at the end of the day if you are really frothing at the mouth over "welfare epics" then it means you have a huge investment in the game and are the hardcore.

Get this right, most elites are of ilvl359 and above (some heroic ilvl372)
    Do you seriously think they will be bothered to join ZA/ZG?
    This is why most of the pugs ZAZG are freaking fails. They comprise of people who want to get carried. Imagine bunch of 5 wanting to get carried +)

What i usually do is, because i am left with 1 slot to full epics, i would just sub my bracer slot with ilvl353 for now, i just join a random, if it's new, i will quit, if it is in progress, i ask what happen, if its a fail reason. i leave too.

Yes you might think im wasting my time, but it beats visiting the vendor and "ouch", and wiping 10-20 times because some people just dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by Aestu View Post
    Anyone who seriously believes this is not a raider. You may think you're a raider because you raided at some point, but players who play to raid stick with it because they actually enjoy raiding in its own right.

The novelty of an individual epic wears off fast and tier sets come and go. What keeps raiders coming back for more is the challenge and experience of raiding and not the gear they'll vendor when something better comes along.
    So why use words like welfare epics and epeen which clearly relate to gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I am baffled at some of the responses to this post. It is and never will be elitist to expect another player to know how to play his class and carry his own weight in anything. It is not the tanks job to teach you how to play or carry you and give you free wasted upgrades. There is nothing wrong with getting angry at poor performance.