Did Satchel of Exotic Mysteries really help?

Satchel of Exotic Mysteries has been added to the game in order to attract more tanks and healers into doing dungeons, thus making queue times shorter for DPS.
    I question this, what are the actual results? As a dps I don't see any difference in queue times (Stormscale - EU), the queue times are still hanging around 20 minutes.
    Is this like this on all the servers? or is it just me?
    Quote Originally Posted by Membrane
    Every day I wake up, log in and look at the nine other class icons in the character creation screen. Then I burst into laughter, create a portal into a distant realm, do a motherfucking double backflip through that portal while slinging pastries and blasts of PURE COSMIC ENERGY everywhere, respeccing into frost midair and deep freezing two gnomes before landing on my feet. In my wake only disintegrated corpses, strudel crumbs and adorable turtles are found.
    Yeah, I troll, Whatever

10+ Year Old Account
    Helps me know when to queue! instant healing queues FTW!

15+ Year Old Account
    Just you. My AVERAGE DPS queue time has been ten minutes.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I share your complaint.

From what I read this doesn't happen in all servers (seems like queues are significantly shorter over in the US servers?) but around here (Blackout battleground EU) it was around 20-30 minutes before the patch and it remains at 20 minutes + .

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my neck of the woods it helps a ton. Going from 45 minute queues to 8 minute queues on my hunter. I love it!

tuesday dps queue hovers around 10 minutes.
    Wed hovered around 12
    thurs hovered around 15
    Friday hovered around 15, today was around 20.

If you play during active times dps queues should be sub 20 minutes.
    If you're in a queue, check the lfd window and see if a CTA has been issued, if it has and you pass the average time, you won't be waiting much longer.

15-20 minute queue times aren't bad, better than 30-40. That demonstrates a ~50% increase to group formation speed.

Low pop servers/battlegroups will have different mileage. when you get into smaller server numbers, its entirely possibly to have an abundance of tanks/healers.

EDIT: Ravenholdt-us
    Whirlwind battlegroup
    Last edited by Jarkeld; 2011-04-30 at 06:42 PM.

Only thing it seems to have created for me as a tank, is a longer queue and a endless supply of worthless healers.
    I was worried at first that it would create an abundance of shitty tanks, but it seems to mostly affect healers.
    Last edited by Chronius; 2011-04-30 at 06:44 PM.

6 minutes DPS queues on ZA/ZG
    16 minutes DPS queues on regular

Yes, Its helped, Immensely, and i dont give a crap about the low low chance to get the mount, i just want quicker runs, which is what happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kinda don't understand CtA... when there is no CtA, i still get instant invites as a tank. If CtA:Tanks (i.e. Tanks are needed!) is up, i wait 5 minutes. Doesn't make sense to me...

Oh, but yeah, my wait time as a dps has gone down too, but i think this is more because of the seperated heroic-tiers.

Well for me personally, I used to tank for full PuGs after I got the hang of tanking back in Wrath (which I think was around/maybe a little before ToC?) but I still have yet to tank for a full PuG in Cata just from the horror stories I hear. And the Satchel really is next to no incentive for me, as you can see from my sig, I was already a collector and have pretty much anything Blizz could offer me. Honestly I'd only do it for the pots, I don't really bother collecting stuff on my alts. =/
    I wouldn't be surprised if this is a common theme among some tanks though, as tanks were usually the ones to go solo stuff easiest in the first place which means they likely already had a bunch of cool stuff. Now unless that Satchel could include the new Troll mounts... >.>

My realm : Tank - Instant, Healer - Instant, DPS - Instant - 4 mins max wait so far.
    That's Cata hc's and also the new ones, the results are from my own findings across all my chars.
    Had several instant queue times as dps.
    Side-note of all my ZA/ZG PuG's i've only kicked one person so bad luck to those whinging about an endless supply of bad players.

Deleted
    Can't say it improved my wait times on fury / sv.
    But the wait times for my def pally got longer..
    .. and seriously, if you're going to wait for the CtA to activate, you have to sit still and dont improve the waittime for others anyway.
    but then.. I just got 2 hp potions in my bag and I waited for it about 1h..
    not worth the wait.

Deleted
    my tank/healer ques are usually around 1-2, up from instant, so I guess it did.