Deleted

Nourish post patch

As the title states, this is about Nourish post patch. Now your meybe thinking 'what is he on about', however I have noticed that my nourish has been doing one hell of a lot less healing compared to pre patch. I used to see 10k nourishes as standard pre patch. Nowdays Im lucky to see an 8.5k heal with a HoT buffed Nourish. Did I miss something in the patch notes?

Halatosis

10+ Year Old Account
    My nourish is doing the same as it did pre-patch. I would check the official wow druid forums. If there is a bug/change to nourish it will have been reported there.

I have done BWD and havent really noticed my nourish healing output, untill i got to Chim. I used to be able to put rejuv's on ppl and have a fast cast nourish - and this is were i realised my nourish healing output is not what is used to be, I had to use regrowth to top players with the low debuff... So for me Nourish is also healing less than post patch. Surely it must be something in our talents that have changed or something.
    Anybody else experienced this?

Deleted
    my nourish is healing 6.2k this is ub this seem like it has droped considerably i noticed before patch nourish crits were about 1k from a regrowth crit but now it seems like 3k difference and that seems massive

Quote Originally Posted by Hygeia View Post
    I have done BWD and havent really noticed my nourish healing output, untill i got to Chim. I used to be able to put rejuv's on ppl and have a fast cast nourish - and this is were i realised my nourish healing output is not what is used to be, I had to use regrowth to top players with the low debuff... So for me Nourish is also healing less than post patch. Surely it must be something in our talents that have changed or something.
    Anybody else experienced this?
    hmm so im not alone... last night i let 1 person die and i was confused, i had just casted a nourish heal on him and still died =/
    lets hope they fix it fast and if its not a bug.. well lets hope that im not crazy.
    f signatures

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh I find Nourish a wasted mana spell, because I dont cast it that often while I was leveling my druid. She's Feral/Resto at the moment. Level 81 :P Her name is Lorenia.

I usually cast RG on tanks when they get real low, keep LB up constantly, and WG the rest of the party. It usually works real well. I mean my Druid i think is properly glyphed, but i might have to change a few things when i get back (My account is down till the 10th cause I cant afford to get my sub up till then hehe)
    I have not raid healed yet, Although I want to but i prolly cant till i get better internet. I shaman healed last expansion and I didnt like it much. I mean CH is awesome n all, so is RT too but I was always jealous of all the Resto druids topping the Healing meters, while I stayed like 2nd or 3rd at a constant rate. In cata, Im gonna be a Druid healer. :3 They are awesome ^_^

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

My nourish heals the same as before the patch.
    Perhaps you're used to 15% random buff in heroics, and go ZA/ZG with a guild group now?

Im not seeing any difference

Quote Originally Posted by Zelerena View Post
    Eh I find Nourish a wasted mana spell, because I dont cast it that often while I was leveling my druid. She's Feral/Resto at the moment. Level 81 :P Her name is Lorenia.

I usually cast RG on tanks when they get real low, keep LB up constantly, and WG the rest of the party. It usually works real well. I mean my Druid i think is properly glyphed, but i might have to change a few things when i get back (My account is down till the 10th cause I cant afford to get my sub up till then hehe)
    I have not raid healed yet, Although I want to but i prolly cant till i get better internet. I shaman healed last expansion and I didnt like it much. I mean CH is awesome n all, so is RT too but I was always jealous of all the Resto druids topping the Healing meters, while I stayed like 2nd or 3rd at a constant rate. In cata, Im gonna be a Druid healer. :3 They are awesome ^_^
    I just actually lold. At 85 you can spam nourish to conserve mana as it will literaly not make any difference to your mana even if you spam it. Its 1.5k mana and heals an upwards of 10k its a great spell and should be used as a filler spell when no huge heals are needed as you can top everyone up at the expense of effectively no mana. Please learb ulyou class before saying anything stupid like that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    No need to insult eachother.

Zelerena, healing like that will destroy you in heroics and raids. It may work for 1-85, but at 85 everything changes, and nourish is an amazing spell.

Personally, i haven't even casted nourish pre-patch that much. i hardly have time with all the raid damage, especially since i can just use a free regrowth that i get a lot.

There is definitely a change to Nourish's healing output - ill try and get my WOL from especially chim fight where you will see the difference pre and post patch.

There's no difference. It was 10k non-crit before patch, and it's still 10k post patch.

Maybe you specced out of Empowered Touch after the patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Thalur View Post
    There's no difference. It was 10k non-crit before patch, and it's still 10k post patch.

Maybe you specced out of Empowered Touch after the patch?
    idk, i tried it last night and it felt wrong..
    f signatures

10+ Year Old Account
    The same thing happens every single patch and eventually people figure it out. They changed their spec, they aren't healing in buffed 5s anymore, they changed something in their gear, someone else changed their spec which effected you, and so on.
    Last edited by Myrrar; 2011-05-03 at 04:33 PM.

I personally hardly ever cast nourish. Filler spell may sound nice, but I'd rather not cast anything. I mostly use OoC procs for RG, and HT is the only direct healing spell I use. With 3 RJs up though, it is not a bad choice for a spell, as it becomes a fast cheap small heal.
    IMHO, people have attached too much importance to nourish in this expac( for that matter all the slow, inexpensive heals across all classes). Almost everyone will tell you to cast only nourish when there is not much incoming damage. Well when there is not much incoming damage, my RJ takes care of it, anything RJ can't take care of, Nourish won't either. I did cast nourish a lot at early gear levels, where mana regen was a real concern. Now, its not really useful.
    On Topic: yes I do see a drop in nourish crit numbers, but not to the tune of 3K, its more like 500-1.5K for me.

I also do not cast Nourish much. And it's not because I'm not casting anything, it's because I'm casting other spells. Mana stopped being an issue for me a while ago. With my super high spirit, especially from my 4 piece proc, resto druid healing is almost back to WotLK healing for me. I spam rejuv like it is going out of style.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread isn't about if you use nourish or not. In 25s you really wont. In most 10s you really wont unless you are 2 healing extreme mana fights like HM chogall.

The thread is about if nourish is healing the same as it did pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrar View Post
    This thread isn't about if you use nourish or not. In 25s you really wont. In most 10s you really wont unless you are 2 healing extreme mana fights like HM chogall.

The thread is about if nourish is healing the same as it did pre-patch.
    I couldn't tell you, I use it so infrequently that I wouldn't even notice. Pre-patch, my nourishes hit for more than 10k though. At least 20% more.