Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Portal 2 or Mortal Kombat?

i was going to be able to get both these games on Tuesday, but an unexpected bill came up and i will only be able to afford one of them. i've seen alot of co-op and some single player footage of Portal 2, thanks to the Simon and Lewis. the only thing i have really seen about MK is the commercial when the dudes junk gets cut in half. but, i have been a fan of MK since i was a kid.

what would u guys recommend? and no, dont say "save ur money and get both" or "get ______ instead"

Having played Portal 2 I must say it is probably one of the finest FPS/puzzle/adventure games to till day. It is a cleaver, witty and incredibly geniusly crafted game with some top notch voice acting, unique atmosphere and unparalleled single player (and co-op) experience. I'd recommend Portal 2 if:

- You have played the original Portal
    - If you want to play a co-op game
    - If you are a fan of puzzle games
    - If you are a fan of Valve

Now then, I haven't really played the all new MK9, BUT, I've watched the ENTIRE (yes, the entire) single player mode on youtube and also, the tower challenges and let me tell you this: Mortal Kombat is definitely back! So many fighters, so many new kombos, incredible locations, tons and tons of variety in terms of combat mechanics, mountains of additional content for unlocking, and above all else... mutlyplayer, both through the internet and local play. It is just insane how much content there is packed with the game. So, let me just list the reasons why you should get MK9:

- You're a fan of Mortal Kombat (duh)
    - You prefer fighting games over FPS/puzzle games
    - You have a friend/friends for constant multyplayer matches
    - You have a PS3 to unlock Kratos from God of War (he is awesome)
    - Your gf has recently broken up with you or you've lost your job or someone's making you angry 24/7, well, this is the game that will cure all those problems

Take your pick mate :]

Well I bought Portal 2 and it's great. It's quite a bit longer than the first and is being put on the list of greatest games ever made by many people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonshardz View Post
    Having played Portal 2 I must say it is probably one of the finest FPS/puzzle/adventure games to till day. It is a cleaver, witty and incredibly geniusly crafted game with some top notch voice acting, unique atmosphere and unparalleled single player (and co-op) experience. I'd recommend Portal 2 if:

- You have played the original Portal
    - If you want to play a co-op game
    - If you are a fan of puzzle games
    - If you are a fan of Valve

Now then, I haven't really played the all new MK9, BUT, I've watched the ENTIRE (yes, the entire) single player mode on youtube and also, the tower challenges and let me tell you this: Mortal Kombat is definitely back! So many fighters, so many new kombos, incredible locations, tons and tons of variety in terms of combat mechanics, mountains of additional content for unlocking, and above all else... mutlyplayer, both through the internet and local play. It is just insane how much content there is packed with the game. So, let me just list the reasons why you should get MK9:

- You're a fan of Mortal Kombat (duh)
    - You prefer fighting games over FPS/puzzle games
    - You have a friend/friends for constant multyplayer matches
    - You have a PS3 to unlock Kratos from God of War (he is awesome)
    - Your gf has recently broken up with you or you've lost your job or someone's making you angry 24/7, well, this is the game that will cure all those problems

Take your pick mate :]
    damn, u make them both sound so good! lol. but, the way i am, i probably wont really decide until im at gamestop. i'm leaning towards MK atm. and i found out i could get w/e game i dont get this month, next month, since its another 5-pay month for me.
    thanks for the advice Dragonshardz!

Deleted
    You should totally buy Portal 2, one of the finest, funniest and most entertaining games out there.

Quote Originally Posted by randomone05 View Post
    damn, u make them both sound so good! lol. but, the way i am, i probably wont really decide until im at gamestop. i'm leaning towards MK atm. and i found out i could get w/e game i dont get this month, next month, since its another 5-pay month for me.
    thanks for the advice Dragonshardz!
    No problemo

PS: I am sure you won't get disappointed from either game so no biggie.

Deleted
    I think you will have more fun out of Portal if you have a friend to play it with than out of Mortal Combat.

You could ofcourse download portal and buy MK...I know I shouldn't say it, but you can go online portal 2 with a downloaded version so. Though if you are like me you will only download games wich you think aren't worth the money. And Portal is so

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing I thought about when I saw this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOzzd53ssY

Anyway, I'd personally go for Portal 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeuwke View Post
    First thing I thought about when I saw this thread: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyOzzd53ssY

Anyway, I'd personally go for Portal 2.
    Holy crap that video was pure WIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Portal 2 is way too good to pass up, whether you decide to get MK or not, don't miss Portal 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    All games > Mortal Kombat.

I dislike Mortal Kombat style games with a passion (the type of fighter, not all fighters)

TEKKEN FOR TEH WINZ (minus 6)

So yea get portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

Portal 2. No question.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've watched Portal 2 videos, played Portal 1 and played the new MK demo.

I'd personally chose Portal 2 without a doubt. It just seems a lot more fun watching it, since the Portal games are unique.

Deleted
    Portal 2 is frickin' AWESOME.

10+ Year Old Account
    i never understood the portal hype.... I'd get MK, i love the fact that they went back to the original 2d gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    All games > Mortal Kombat.

I dislike Mortal Kombat style games with a passion (the type of fighter, not all fighters)

TEKKEN FOR TEH WINZ (minus 6)

So yea get portal.
    Sadly, this isn't about you. Each person has his own taste in games. And what if he doenst like puzzle games and went for portal 2 and hated it ?
    @ Op
    If you like puzzles and solving things. portal 2 is the way to go.
    Gory fights with interesting gameplay and friends to play with. Mortal Kombat.
    For me, i liked both type so i went for both :P
    If you had to choose then pick portal 2. much unique

MK game style is one of the oldest ever
    portal 2 is the best game ever
    need to add smth else?
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

MK is just fighting ppl and ripping them apart to look cool...portal seems more fun, because u have to think and try things out

Both.

Portal 2 is currently on sale at Gamestop for 35$ Used, 40$ New, and 30 on PC. (I work at gamestop)
    Mortal Kombat is currently on sale at Toys-R-Us for 30 (From what I was told, I haven't confirmed this one)

Both are amazing.

If you can only get one this week, grab Portal 2, because I know for a fact, it's 100% on sale for 40$ (PS3/360). Then you have some money left over to get mortal kombat early!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirleck View Post
    Both.

Portal 2 is currently on sale at Gamestop for 35$ Used, 40$ New, and 30 on PC. (I work at gamestop)
    Mortal Kombat is currently on sale at Toys-R-Us for 30 (From what I was told, I haven't confirmed this one)

Both are amazing.

If you can only get one this week, grab Portal 2, because I know for a fact, it's 100% on sale for 40$ (PS3/360). Then you have some money left over to get mortal kombat early!
    how long is portal 2 on sale for?