Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Portal 2 hands down.

Deleted
    As many others have stated, Portal 2 is one of the best and most entertaining games out there atm. BUT it only has about 10 hours of gameplay and no replay value.

I don't know anything about that particular Mortal Combat, but it will probably entertain you a lot longer if your into it.

I've played both, and both are really fun.
    Portal 2 is awesome, but the replay value is low after you run through the story once. Co-op is a lot shorter than singleplayer, but it is also a lot of fun.

I'd suggest getting MK if you have Xbox Live. The replay value is a lot higher imo. If you get MK first, you can just play that without getting bored of it until you have enough money for Portal 2. I don't think you could go wrong either way though. =) They're both great.

Deleted
    Working in a game shop, i can't really tell which one appeares more popular. not had any traded back in yet ;P but then again, there's nothing good that has been released since. =)

i bought portal 2 though, and it's amazing. I like the new features in the game like the uh.. goo (trying not to give too much away..) and its pretty good. though, I think when you're in the frame of portal mind, it seems easier than the first.. I dont know if thats just me though.. I'm glad it's longer though =)

Played both ..and you can't go wrong with either of these. Both are top notch games but I think MK have better raplayability. No matter which you will choose first, it would be huge mistake to miss one of these games.

Why not both, as Portal Kombat:
    youtube.com/watch?v=uyOzzd53ssY

Portal 2 for a good game.

Mortal Combat for brainless button mashing crap.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    Portal 2 is awesome, but the replay value is low after you run through the story once.
    Well I'd say that the upcoming (free) DLC with sp and co-op challenges will fix that, also they're gonna release the SDK which will spawn loads of community maps!

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post

Yeah, you can button mash if you want to lose, lol.
    If you go up against a good person and button mash you get destroyed. Can't win with zero skill.

Portal 2.
    How is this even a question?

Portal 2 was a blast, I found nothing wrong with it minus the fact that it still felt short, but I'm hoping they will add some patches in the future to add some replay value. But yeah, the co-op with a friend was great, me and my best online friend played and killed each other when we least expected it at least a dozen times....it was the most fun I've ever had playing a videogame, but we didn't take it super seriously trying to solve it as quick as possible either, that would take a lot of the fun out of it, for me at least. Single player was pretty good too, was very funny.

Can't say I know much about MK, but go with whatever you think you'd get more enjoyment out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post

Eh? Mortal Kombat is one of the most skill-based fighters around, especially since it's gone back to the way it was meant to be (2D fighting plane, obscenely responsive controls).

I have both, I got them the same day and I love them both. I've played and beaten Portal 2 solo and the co-op, it was really fun and I enjoyed every minute of it. There's a lot to do, challenges, etc. However, once you've beaten it completely, replayability kind of goes downhill, but that's a small flaw IMO.

Mortal Kombat, on the other hand... well, I'm just a little bit bias on this. I've been playing MK since the first appeared in arcades, then got burned when it went full 3D with the 3D fighting plane and such, it seemed like MK was dead. Mortal Kombat 9 comes along and I am absolutely floored. Back to the 2D fighting plane, all of the classic MK levels and all the fighters from the first four games (MK, MKII, MK3, Ultimate MK3). Controls are the most responsive they've ever been and replayability is through the roof. I've not played MK in years because of its 3D-ness, so I'm still kind of terrible, but the online play is fantastic and you find matches pretty quickly on XBL. It's simply amazing, really.

Both games, though, are 10/10 games, easily. Go with whichever one you really want first, you can't go wrong. I, personally, bought the Tournament Edition and the arcade stick is top quality and actually makes the game a little bit easier, just from the familiarity of it and the fact my thumbs don't go raw. Got Portal 2 through Steam, graphics are pretty damn good and gameplay is slick as usual. Both deserve your money

10+ Year Old Account
    dude if you were a fan of MK back in the day, then you MUST get the new one. its great. they totally nailed it and you will love it.

i havent played portal 2 but i have no doubt its good too. i would say get MK asap, get portal 2 later.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd personally say Mortal Kombat.