Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

What thoughs do you have about Scandinavia

I come from Denmark which lies in Scandinavia. I'v been thinking, as an Amarican, what do you think / how do you imagine Scandinavia as?
    Maybe is it very icy and cold? Or is it only in the winter times?

I saw a Tv-program where they asked some random Amaricans what it was/where it was, and about 80% didnt know where it was. Some guys even thought it was the capital of Sweden.

Share your thoughts. How do you it's like?

Ps. i apoligize for my bad spelling / grammar :b

i think of it as a majestic winter wonderland filled with gorgeous blonde girls.
    Gladiator Underbyte

Deleted
    I'm a 100% positive that it's pretty damn awesome!

Oh, wait, you're asking people who don't live here... I see...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    i think of it as a majestic winter wonderland filled with gorgeous blonde girls.
    Haha! I could not agree anymore :P

Quote Originally Posted by Underbyte View Post
    Lol. Yes, 1/4 of the year it's pretty true.
    When I want to log out, where's the save button? I can't find it anywhere, been logged in for three years now.

What I feel like is that Scandinavians (or finns, at the very least) like to think they have a very good image and/or don't get enough attention elsewhere in the world, especially in USA. Finnish media completely flips out what seems to be every time Finland gets mentioned by any American talk show host, celebrity or newspaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhomaioi View Post
    I'm a 100% positive that it's pretty damn awesome!

Oh, wait, you're asking people who don't live here... I see...
    What that guy said

I think the region as a whole seems to be very progressive, educated and friendly. Great history as well. Although I wouldn't want to spend much time there during winter, especially further north since there seems to be a problem with drinking and seasonal depression. Although this is coming from an american who was a European Studies major at Uni :P

Whats up with our lands getting seen as Vrykuls from the icy Northrend? it isn't THAT cold!
    Atleast not in Denmark. can't speak for Sweden or Norway.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    Whats up with our lands getting seen as Vrykuls from the icy Northrend? it isn't THAT cold!
    Atleast not in Denmark. can't speak for Sweden or Norway.
    Pff, Denmark. You're all the way down there enjoying the warmth. This winter we had roughly 6 months of snow and temperatures down to -40 (C and F, apparently they're the same at -40) in Norway. Thankfully our summers are perfect!
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am from Sweden so I can't really provide you with a good answer. But the way I imagine people see Scandinavia, is the way I see Switzerland: A small country* that's pretty neutral, the people seem friendly, I don't know much about the country but have nothing bad to say.

* = Three countries, in the case of Scandinavia.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Either Santa lives there or it's the place where zombies come from.

Deleted
    The only bad thing about Scandinavia is that there's so little people up here. That's the only con really. Everything else is pretty much great.

A place I will move to one day to find a blonde nice girl and live in the cold mountains with.

Deleted
    It brings us good metal, it means it's good.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nicalyrenard View Post
    I think the region as a whole seems to be very progressive, educated and friendly. Great history as well. Although I wouldn't want to spend much time there during winter, especially further north since there seems to be a problem with drinking and seasonal depression. Although this is coming from an american who was a European Studies major at Uni :P
    Hehe actually lack of sunlight depression is extremely rare in scandinavia, we are close to immune. and the drinking problem is far from reality

10+ Year Old Account
    LEGO + hot blonde chicks
    o ye, and scandinavian metal <3
    Last edited by Palaplu; 2011-05-01 at 02:21 PM. Reason: forgot the metal
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

Im norwegian, and for all you people out there thinking Scandinavia is filled with gorgeus blondes with awesome tits and we live in ice-iglos? Well, that is a lie. Sure we got some pretty damn hot blondes here, but all in all, Scandinavia is very much alike America and other countries aswell.. We got summer, and we got winter.. I think alot of people think that when you live in the north, its instantly filled with snow 24//7.

I imagine it's filled with people who are open minded about sex, have a lot of sex, and thus, are a happy and pleasant people.

Edit: The LEGO comment made me laugh out loud.

It is a bit OT as I am british, but since I read this comic:
    http://satwcomic.com/
    I am veeeery positive about Scandinavians