Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    The only bad thing about Scandinavia is that there's so little people up here. That's the only con really. Everything else is pretty much great.
    I'd say that's one of the best things about Scandinavia...

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    I'd say that's one of the best things about Scandinavia...
    Indeed. One of the reasons I still love this place.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    This is definitely the case in many parts of Europe, and especially true for Denmark we have a party in our parliament that is pretty much about not allowing non-westerners access to our country.

http://www.danskfolkeparti.dk/The_Pa...ples_Party.asp
    Unfortunately, so do Sweden.
    http://sverigedemokraterna.se/vara-asikter/
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    And in Norway too, by the way. I even vote for them, for reasons I'll keep to myself.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

As a Swede who's lived on the other side of the world for a long time and visited every continent, I must say, this is the greatest country in the world.

The girls
    The seasons
    Archipelago
    Death metal
    Swedish House Mafia
    Highest taxes in the world (yes, that's a good thing)
    Exceptional education, health care, roads etc
    Great history and culture
    Wide uninhabited areas
    Generally people har highly educated and well informed

+ Öl + grilla + stockholms skärgård + vänner + båtliv

Mmmm! Can't wait for the summer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    As a Swede who's lived on the other side of the world for a long time and visited every continent, I must say, this is the greatest country in the world.

The girls
    The seasons
    Archipelago
    Death metal
    Swedish House Mafia
    Highest taxes in the world (yes, that's a good thing)
    Exceptional education, health care, roads etc
    Great history and culture
    Wide uninhabited areas
    Generally people har highly educated and well informed

+ Öl + grilla + stockholms skärgård + vänner + båtliv

Mmmm! Can't wait for the summer!
    This, absolutely this! I have loads of friends who're all "**** Sweden, I'm moving out of here as soon as I possibly can" and sure, Sweden has negative aspects too, but based on their arguments it's almost always a case of the grass being greener on the other side. Unless something drastical happens, I will stay here 'til the day I die.
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    Well I'm not american, I'm from Romania, but my thoughts are follows:
    -great countries, with quite good economy
    -caring about people
    -helpful, I read numerous stories about people stopping their cars on the streets to admire the scenery and natives stopping to ask if their cars broke down(in Romania they would either pass or stop and steal your radio)
    -they care about studies too, and even the employers care about having people that studied, they don't throw away studies if you don't have practice, so they care about those too
    -they aren't ruled by idiots (some people living there might not agree, but I'm saying compared to my country)
    -high freedom of speech
    -kind of cold
    -lots of nature and people aren't spread around in towns like in termite mounds with my house glued to the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every man has long black hair and makes a career out of:

A) Playing in a metal band
    B) Headbanging
    C) Both A and B

Deleted
    We can buy beer from the age of 16 legally, take this into your consideration

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Durh View Post
    We can buy beer from the age of 16 legally, take this into your consideration
    Only in Denmark, though! Norway and Sweden requires you to be 18 to buy, 20 for stronger stuff.

Sweden:
    0 - 2.25 %: No age limit, although most stores avoid selling to people below 18 years of age if it's above 1-1.5 % or so (there's stuff like 0.7% cider and they could care less about that)
    2.26 - 3.49 %: Age limit: 18
    3.5 % +: Age limit: 20 to buy from "systembolaget" (which is owned by the state), or 18 if you're at the pub.
    Linkedin - Portfolio

10+ Year Old Account
    As a Scandivarian (Swedish) I must ask.. Where are these.. hot blondes you speak off?
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelfie View Post
    As a Scandivarian (Swedish) I must ask.. Where are these.. hot blondes you speak off?
    Blondes, I don't know much about but we, no doubt, have a lot of high quality girls! Just that most of them tend to be brunettes or redheads nowadays (which I no doubt aprove of).
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Deleted
    I'm surprised more people haven't mentioned this before now but Vikings. Whenever I think of Scandinavia, Vikings are the first thing that comes to mind. Maybe its something to do with being English and the Scandinavians spent a good half a century basically ransacking and invading the country?

Other than that, erm... cold weather? Blonde girls? I picture Norway kinda like Howling Fjord in WoW, even though I know most of it is probably nothing like that. Most of the Danish/Swedish people I see in WoW are better left forgotten, but there are quite a few nice ones too.

For some reason I see loads of Swedes and Danes in WoW, but almost never any Norwegians. There was one in my guild a few years back, but that's the only one. Any idea why? :/

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Plaguemaw View Post
    I come from Denmark which lies in Scandinavia. I'v been thinking, as an Amarican, what do you think / how do you imagine Scandinavia as?
    Maybe is it very icy and cold? Or is it only in the winter times?

I saw a Tv-program where they asked some random Amaricans what it was/where it was, and about 80% didnt know where it was. Some guys even thought it was the capital of Sweden.

Share your thoughts. How do you it's like?

Ps. i apoligize for my bad spelling / grammar :b
    My roots, I'm part Scandinavian.

Scandinavia has it's flaws, but for the most part it's pretty awesome; though I'm biased I've actually been to Denmark.
    DO NOT ASK 4 NINNERVATE!>?

Deleted
    Ye, Vikings are awesome. They conquered Normandy, and the Normans went down to southern Italy adn founded the kingdom of Sicily. They ransacked the British Isles for a good while before being kicked out, but then they returned when the Normans under William invaded (well psuedo-vikings as the normans were arguably more french than scandinavian). Swedish vikings from the area known as Roslagen founded the kingdom of the Kievan Rus', where Rus comes from Ros, which is what the people of Roslagen were called. The Rurikovich dynasty that ruled Russia well into the 17th century has its roots in a Swedish viking named Rurik, too. Go figure where Russia comes from
    Also served as famed mercenaries under the Byzantines (after besieging Constantinople) as the Varangian Guard.

Yeah, Vikings are awesome, basically been everywhere except the far east. Probably caused more trouble than what is reasonable however.

Deleted
    Yes, vikings too! Although vikings sailed all around the world, they even got to the Americas first. Speaking of which, they found the ruins of a town on the mainland in Newfoundland, so Columb isn't the first one anymore to have reached it .)

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post
    Unfortunately, so do Sweden.
    http://sverigedemokraterna.se/vara-asikter/
    Luckily in sweden the "Anti migration party" (or might as well say racist party) dont got any real political influence (they are like the small kid in school which people make fun of as soon as they open their mouths, basically because whit every statement or suggestion the make they reveal that they dont got anything worth listening on to say). In denmark thats not the case, there the "Danske folkeparty" has started to get a big infuence over the other partys.

1) snow
    2) hot blonde chicks <-- (that's the one we care about)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Bergen Norway area was very beautiful when I visited there in the early 80's