Deleted

Crysis 2: Was a developer lazy here?

So I'm replaying the game for the I-don't-know-which time already and this time I decided to explore more.

I get to Hargreave's room, go look around the bookshelves, etc. and then I use nano vision on the nanosuit prototypes that he had there.

And check this out:

http://i55.tinypic.com/mbl3s8.png

The C.E.L.L nanosuit, the one that C.E.L.L soldiers are wearing, has thermal signs. My guess is that this is a C.E.L.L soldier just positioned there and with changed info from the visor. When I got up close, the nano vision showed that he was actually pretty warm.

I believe that the devs cba to do it the right way and just put the C.E.L.L soldier in that positions. They were probably thinking like "Damn, this is such an important game moment, nobody's going to pay attention."

Deleted
    Imo they did a pretty lame job throughout the whole game...Sure, the physics and graphics were amazing, but storywise and details such as this...meh

Deleted
    Story sucked, but the gameplay was good, I barely saw bugs and the ones I saw didn't effect my gameplay. I love the whole feeling of being in the cinematic, buildings crashing down while running insted of seeing a movie.

People focus to much on the GFX part that they forget to judge the game on anything else in a fair way. Was the game great, maybe not but it was surely one of the better games released over some time.

And tbh, every game has bugs...are you really that focussed on hating Crysis that from 1000 games, crysis was the only one where you could troll on how lazy the devs where?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Story sucked, but the gameplay was good, I barely saw bugs and the ones I saw didn't effect my gameplay. I love the whole feeling of being in the cinematic, buildings crashing down while running insted of seeing a movie.

People focus to much on the GFX part that they forget to judge the game on anything else in a fair way. Was the game great, maybe not but it was surely one of the better games released over some time.

And tbh, every game has bugs...are you really that focussed on hating Crysis that from 1000 games, crysis was the only one where you could troll on how lazy the devs where?
    I'm not hating the game. I LOVE this game. Or you just missed the part where I said I'm replaying it for a god-knows-what time?

I just like sharing things I've found and having people comment on them :P

Deleted
    The game plays really smoothly, I haven't seen any (major) bugs. Maybe the story wasn't that good, but I think it was better than the previous ones.

Heh, that's a nice find mate. It is obvious example of the developers being lazy (have seen it in many games in many variations) but it is nothing gamebreaking (in a game that literally blows you away with incredible cinematic set-pieces and life-like graphics) so I wouldn't be bothered by it.