Deleted

Post patch - Obsidium shuffle still viable?

As is in the title, I would like to find out other people views on the obsidium shuffle post patch. I would also like to know your reasons for it being viable to you and(?) your server.

Currently obsidium is going for 40G a stack of ore on my server. I'm not sure if it's viable still.

Halatosis

I would say while it's not viable in the sense of prospecting and then vendoring, it's always going to be extremely lucrative if you sell the raw gems on the AH for the dailies.

Deleted
    With disenchanting, Yes.
    Without DE'ing, probably not unless obs ore is less than 30g,

Not sure about Obsidium, but Elementium with JC is still very profitable to do the shuffle to restock your supply of rare gems. Buy 100-200 stacks, prospect it all. Vendor (or DE if you are patient) the uncommons, which partially/mostly covers the cost of the ore. Cut and sell the rares all week for profit.

Enjoy it while you can, because the newness of the ZA/ZG gear is propping up the ore and gem markets right now. As soon as PUGs figure out how to not stand in fire, and everyone gets their free 353s, we'll be right back to 15g for cut yellow/purples and 40g for cut reds.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

ive been doing it with pyrite, the earth are providing most of the overhead and just the uncut green gems provide the rest

Quote Originally Posted by Gertrude View Post
    With disenchanting, Yes.
    Without DE'ing, probably not unless obs ore is less than 30g,
    new floor price is 31g
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-05-02 at 05:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by usiris View Post
    new floor price is 31g
    How do you figure that? Obsidium on average prospects into 6 green gems and the uncut vendor price is 5g so it should be 30g.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    How do you figure that? Obsidium on average prospects into 6 green gems and the uncut vendor price is 5g so it should be 30g.
    Maybe he means that if its under that you should buy? And logically you would due to the fact that you will get some blue gems so if you break even vendoring greens, the overall process will have at least some profit (not to mention other ways of getting rid of gems)