Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Need new, comfortable headset for people with glasses

Titel says it all.

My old Sennheiser PC 31 just stopped working after a few years of excellent usage. now i need a new one, but every one i tried so far is nothing for people wearing glasses.

what should i buy now? something good for max 50€?

maybe something with bluetooth, cordless or idk. i want to invest into my future :P
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2011-05-01 at 08:00 PM.

g35 is a great headset but for glasses? that basicly means your stuck on headsets that don't cover your ears...
    still id take the easy route take lenses!
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    g35 is a great headset but for glasses? that basicly means your stuck on headsets that don't cover your ears...
    still id take the easy route take lenses!
    i wear lenses. but im just too lazy to put them on every day. and yes, i cant use headsets that cover my ears and nothing that is too tight

I've had a pair of Sennheiser PC350s for almost two years now that are extremely comfortable, even with glasses. They're a bit more than 50€, I think (not up on current currency conversions), but definitely the best headset I've had; well worth the investment.

10+ Year Old Account
    contact lenses and a real comfortable headset indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

My bf and I both wear glasses. I have the Logitech g35 and love it (the buttons make great music controls while you're in-game). He has the new Razer SCII one and it's super comfy too. It's not quite as tight as the g35 and would probably be even better for glasses but I still have no issues with my g35.

btw, I don't have a clue on the monetary conversions so just making my recommendation outside of that.

Deleted
    i've tried putting on my Medusa NX while wearing glasses.
    http://www.amazon.de/Speedlink-Medus...4278000&sr=8-2

The earpads are kinda huge but soft and it's comfy in my opinion.
    there are different versions of the Speedlink Medusa ... the cheapest one has simply 2 chinch links and is stereo. there is - as far as i know also a version with USB (instead of chinch) and there's also a 5.1 version which is more expansive.
    If you order via amazon you'd have the possibility of trying the headset and sending it back (get your money back) if it doesn't fit.

hope that helps.

Concerning cordless: i have had a bluetooth headset once too but battery life was just too short (couldn't get through a whole raid with fully charged battery). so it is cable for me ^^ since i have a G110 keyboard where i can plug in the chinches and lead the cable under the keyboard it isn't in the way, so i pretty much enjoy having a corded headset.

EDIT: actually there are alot of great headsets out there. if the forum can't help you i'd suggest you visit your next electronics store and just try to put different head sets on.
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2011-05-01 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I use the WoW headset and find it really comfortable with glasses. And you can mod your voice and sound like a robot, a kid or Barry White.

Logitech G35 is proving to be very comfortable for me, but it's a bit higher than your budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Mhh, those are around 100€. I dont want to live from water and bread for a month, just to able to buy a new headset. If theres nothing decent for around 50€, ill just buy my old PC31 again.
    Last edited by StayTuned; 2011-05-01 at 07:59 PM.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Glasses wearer here. Razer Carcharias don't pinch over the glasses and feel GREAT for an extended period of time. I sometimes forget I'm even wearing them <3

Unfortunately I don't know the conversion very well, but these are about $55-$75 US depending on sales going on at the time, so they may or may not be out of your price range. But I love them and they're totally worth it!

Personally, I just use a webcam for a microphone and some iPod earphones (glasses). No headsets ever work for me.
    hey

Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Glasses wearer here. Razer Carcharias don't pinch over the glasses and feel GREAT for an extended period of time. I sometimes forget I'm even wearing them <3

Unfortunately I don't know the conversion very well, but these are about $55-$75 US depending on sales going on at the time, so they may or may not be out of your price range. But I love them and they're totally worth it!
    This one looks awsome. Ill go and try it on tomorrow. Thanks a lot!

Deleted
    Steelseries Siberia v2. My glasses are quite chunky and I only experience very minimal discomfort after wearing them for 5-6 hours straight. Sound quality is awesome and the mic isn't bad either.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    This one looks awsome. Ill go and try it on tomorrow. Thanks a lot!
    Yay! Glad I could help! <3 I wear them on my days off up to 8 hours or more throughout the day and no discomfort at all.

I find the sound and mic quality to be quite good as well, so being a bit of an audiophile they're definitely a win-win for me for the price range.

The only downside is the earpieces have kind of a velvet lining, so it's easy to get pet hair on it; hang it away from your fuzzy friends.
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-05-01 at 08:13 PM.

Fatal1ty from Creative is a very nice headset to use with glasses. It covers all of your ears but the pillow things around them are very soft so they just fall around the glasses.
    I wear glasses while playing and i fell your pain but since i bought this headset 2year ago it goes perfect!

Sorry for the crappy english but i assume you get the message Fatal1ty from Creative is the way to go!

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

I use a Logitech G930 and they're fine with my glasses. Amazing headset too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Titel says it all.

My old Sennheiser PC 31 just stopped working after a few years of excellent usage. now i need a new one, but every one i tried so far is nothing for people wearing glasses.

what should i buy now? something good for max 50€?

maybe something with bluetooth, cordless or idk. i want to invest into my future :P
    Well I don't know if you will be allowed to use my trick in your house. I don't use skype or vent much so I wouldn't care much for the headset. Thus and due to a (lucky) mistake I now use my speakers for output device and my headset's microphone which I put over my neck, as input.
    Due to my positioning in my desk the speakers are about 30cm for my head so I don't have any problem listening even with low volume.

If the conditions exist for you to be able to do this too then go on and don't waste 50€ on a headset. I got mine for less than 10€!!!

Deleted
    After you find something suitable for you, maybe you can come back with a post to help the other 4 eyed wow players :P