10+ Year Old Account

Guild Wars Advice (The first one)

I have a few questions regarding Guildwars...
    Do people still play it?
    Is it worth getting to get the jist of the gameplay mechanics in prep for GW2?
    Where would be the best place to get the download from and how big would it be?

Yes, people still play.

The gameplay mechanics have nothing in common with GW2. If you want to play it, play it for GW and not for the sequel.

Just look around for the best deal for all of the campaigns. Steam sometimes has sales for the all in one package. You can also look at the Guild Wars site but they usually have the most expensive prices.

I'm considering picking up Guild Wars Trilogy on Steam so I can see the world of Guild Wars before GW2 comes out. I would be playing it really casually and solo when I get spare time, would that make it difficult to see everything, or will I be fine?

Also, is the April Fools day Commando stuff still around, or did they remove it after the day? That looked really fun!

With the recent hero change, you can see the whole game at your leisure. However, some elite areas and hardcore mode places will be extremely tough to go at it alone.

The april fools day stuff is gone.
    Last edited by Valeron; 2011-05-01 at 08:56 PM.

Ah, that's a shame. My fault for not picking it up sooner I guess! Thanks for the reply though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Ah, that's a shame. My fault for not picking it up sooner I guess! Thanks for the reply though.
    I still see some pugs for those elite areas, not as much as before but it's still possible to see them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cheers, just bought it off D2D as my steam ceases to work until i can be bothered to wipe the registry files.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I still see some pugs for those elite areas, not as much as before but it's still possible to see them.
    Don't worry, you didn't put me off getting it. I'm actually more tempted to buy it now than I was before, was just dissapointed I missed out on the commando fun. Fingers crossed for them to actually be the 7th or 8th class!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chomag View Post
    Ppl still play runescape, so....
    Runescape still has a very large active userbase and no purchase required as well as content coming out very regularly for any players, so...