Thread: Firelands.

Deleted

Firelands.

Ok so this is what blizzard poster said: "The actual boss mechanics are pretty incredible, and there are a few surprises players can stumble across in the raid as well!"

This is something im afraid off. Usually when blizzard makes "suprises" they are incredible hard, random or just fuckd up. I really hope that the firelands raids arent as random as bwd/bot/four winds bosses. 10 mans are hard if its about luck.

15+ Year Old Account
    What bosses were about luck?

I guess Omni-trons spawning? Everything else isn't about luck if you do it right...

he means al'akir >_>?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockndrop View Post
    he means al'akir >_>?
    Al'akir loot I suppose? Don't all bosses have lots of random loot, though?

There isn't anything random about the fight itself...it's a pretty straight forward execution fight.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    What bosses were about luck?
    Chimaeron 10 hc.
    It's really rng. Blizz said they fixed something about triggering fued phases. Still, last night I had tries with 4 fued phases while the dps was normal as always. Normally we have 3.
    Eventually we could kill him, but this 'fix' still seems bugged to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking he's referring to raid content other than boss fights - perhaps mini-boss encounters like the ones in Ruby Sanctum? Or maybe raid quests. Icecrown Citadel had a lot of raid quests towards the end - I haven't done any Cataclysm raiding, but I haven't heard about anything like that in the tier 11 raids.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehroh View Post
    Chimaeron 10 hc.
    It's really rng. Blizz said they fixed something about triggering fued phases. Still, last night I had tries with 4 fued phases while the dps was normal as always. Normally we have 3.
    The only "Luck" on him is how long your tanks stay alive at the end. But with CDs popped even if they take 2 hits each it usually doesn't matter.

They made fueds less likely to Massacre-Fued-Massacre-Fued.
    But an extra Fued or two isn't an issue unless you are doing something strange.

Luck being something that either makes you wipe or makes you win.

Deleted
    I hope we are about to see some unique mechanics, something that gets harder and harder since there are so many bossfights already in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zehroh View Post
    Chimaeron 10 hc.
    Execute the fight better? Getting 4 feuds shouldn't be an automatic wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness81 View Post
    Execute the fight better? Getting 4 feuds shouldn't be an automatic wipe.
    We do if there are 4 tries with feud right behind the first massacre after the previous feud. When we killed him we had if i remember correctly, the right timing. Still 4th feud right before p2
    It takes a lot of mana to heal up again that quickly in a short amount of time, which means no more mana at 21% to top up.