Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Deleted

How to farm Ashes of Alar?

This is one of few mounts I miss in my collection, so i need it badly :P

Any tips how many people i need, what i need to do. Can i just ninja the mount or i have bribe group with some money? I honestly have no idea.

What class are you?
    You can probably 2-man it if not soloing it.
    The person with aggro on the boss won't be MC'd, and the other person can Line of Sight it behind the pillar
    I 2-manned it, got ashes on 4th 2-manning run

Deleted
    Roll a hunter and solo it.

I have found that the easiest, surest way to kill Kael'thas is with a group of 5, although it can be done with less (hunters and DKs have been known to solo it). The mind control is the only troublesome part of the fight, and what prevents it from being more easily soloable.

You can clear the trash to Kael in under 10 minutes, and need not kill the first boss, Al'ar. Make sure you have 1-2 melee classes who can equip the dagger for breaking mind control, and a caster to equip and use the staff.

The hardest part is getting Ashes of Al'ar to drop - the loot rate is still around 1%, so while the fight may be trivial, you may still never see it drop.

Deleted
    Im rogue, so i think i cant solo this guy :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vektorix View Post
    The mind control is the only troublesome part of the fight, and what prevents it from being more easily soloable.
    He doesn't cast MC if you solo it, and i'm pretty sure you can go with 2 people and one can LoS during the MC phase using the wall?

Would it be possible to do it with a Prott warr Ilvl 351 and a resto shammy full raid gear with a few heroic raid pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    He doesn't cast MC if you solo it, and i'm pretty sure you can go with 2 people and one can LoS during the MC phase using the wall?
    Yeah, that's how I've done it.

In other news, holy shit, it's mudkiper.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylf View Post
    Would it be possible to do it with a Port warr Ilvl 351 and a resto shammy full raid gear with a few heroic raid pieces?
    No because of the damage you need to kill the weapons/guards in time or they will chain-cc you till death.

Interested: Does anyone have a link to a video of, say, a blood dk solo'ing it? Or anyone solo'ing it?

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    Interested: Does anyone have a link to a video of, say, a blood dk solo'ing it? Or anyone solo'ing it?
    hmm, ever heared of those amazing things called google and youtube ?
    Ecce homo ergo elk

Deleted
    I go with a Bloody DK & myself (Holy Paladin) and it works out just fine :3 I don't really do much if any dps so you can go with a healer

10+ Year Old Account
    I usually do it with 4 people total and i pay 50-100k for mount since im not a ninja

Deleted
    Pug 10 85's with mount reserved and paying each of them 1k is Ashes drops.

Deleted
    Go 2 (Or 3 if it's a bad setup of classes). I did it with a RL mate. It turned out to be pretty easy, getting it on first and second kill.
    We now started farming it with a DK (another RL mate). Just have someone who can use staff / dagger. If noone can then just LoS the mind control by standing behind the statues :>

Otherwise go tradechannel and reserve ashes of al'ar & then just say you RR like 20k G.

Deleted
    Change server
    Lfm ash run
    Ninja it the day it drops
    Change back to your server
    Proffit?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by highnaga View Post
    Change server
    Lfm ash run
    Ninja it the day it drops
    Change back to your server
    Proffit?
    So he's gone for a year.

Much profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Regen View Post
    There you go.

Just go with 4 people and roll for it properly, or agree to a certain payment before you start. A ninja'd years old vanity mount isn't worth losing all your credibility on a realm for. To ninja it is just silly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karakkonor View Post
    Roll a hunter and solo it.
    and what if i want it on my main ? Re-rolling is NOT the answer.

try to find a hunter who want to do it with you

i'm a mage and i ask my bf, who have a hunter, to do it with me

Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Pug 10 85's with mount reserved and paying each of them 1k is Ashes drops.
    All the while be laughed at in trade with such a low-ball offer.