Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glorious fail by the media

Just a little something i discovered while reading an article on yahoo news today.

http://s1136.photobucket.com/albums/...oriousfail.jpg

I was GOING to watch the Simpsons last night but Fox News broke in. Obama Bin Laden Dead was the headline. I was trying to figure out if Osama Bin Laden was dead or if the meant President Obama. Was annoying me because it stayed like that for over 30 minutes. It's people trying to type one thing and reading another thing. It happens.

Deleted
    Can't count how many times I've typed the names wrong in the last 12 hours.

To be fair, he does own a mansion in Pakistan, as do I. Hell, who doesn't these days?
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

Quote Originally Posted by Neressa View Post
    I was GOING to watch the Simpsons last night but Fox News broke in. Obama Bin Laden Dead was the headline. I was trying to figure out if Osama Bin Laden was dead or if the meant President Obama. Was annoying me because it stayed like that for over 30 minutes. It's people trying to type one thing and reading another thing. It happens.
    Yea, but you think they'd proof read something like that. Its just a glorious fail in my eyes due to the fact that it got mixed with our presidents name.

10+ Year Old Account
    That really is a glorious fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Negrido View Post
    To be fair, he does own a mansion in Pakistan, as do I. Hell, who doesn't these days?
    When the land is as cheap as a used copy of superman 64, why the hell not?

All credit for this sig goes to JustintimeSS

Fox news in it's prime

Deleted
    Many people did that mistake today and already before. But come on, the same name except one letter is kinda tricky.

Fox news mixing up Osama and Obama again? Say it aint so!

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Fox news in it's prime
    Except this is Yahoo! and not Fox. I don't see how they can make such a mistake, the S and B are far apart enough that this has to be intentional.

Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    Many people did that mistake today and already before. But come on, the same name except one letter is kinda tricky.
    Well, it's not like S and B are right beside eachother on a keyboard and you should expect a news cast to make it right.... Oh wait it's Fox News, never mind.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 10:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by VooDooShuffle View Post
    Except this is Yahoo! and not Fox. I don't see how they can make such a mistake, the S and B are far apart enough that this has to be intentional.
    It first appeared on FOx and I guess Yahoo just copied it.

Fox News stills has Osama's name spelled Usama Bin Laden.

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    Fox News stills has Osama's name spelled Usama Bin Laden.
    It can be spelled in both ways. Nothing is more right or wrong

I fail to see the Epic Fail? last time i watched the news they said that Obama Bin Laden was dead

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Well, it's not like S and B are right beside eachother on a keyboard and you should expect a news cast to make it right.... Oh wait it's Fox News, never mind.

---------- Post added 2011-05-02 at 10:31 PM ----------

It first appeared on FOx and I guess Yahoo just copied it.
    Why the hard-on for Fox bashing? Fox is hardly the first place to mistype Osama as Obama. Do a google image search for "CNN Where's Obama?". I've seen a dozen people mistype it in the last 12 hours. And btw, Yahoo's story wasn't copied from the Fox newsticker. >< It was supplied by Reuters.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Faux Knewz isn't known for its proofreading. They regularly mispell arabic names like Ghaddafi (Qaddafi to them) and Misrata (misurata to them). hell, the even spelled Osama bin Laden's name wrong in a headline (spelling it Usama).
    Zhenji 90 Mistweaver
    Eonar US

Quote Originally Posted by Zarasthura View Post
    Faux Knewz isn't known for its proofreading. They regularly mispell arabic names like Ghaddafi (Qaddafi to them) and Misrata (misurata to them). hell, the even spelled Osama bin Laden's name wrong in a headline (spelling it Usama).
    This post is incorrect. There's so much that's incorrect, it's not even worth pointing out explaining how regional differences in Romanicised arabic script affect the spelling. But here's a hint: Both Qaddafi and Ghaddafi are correct. The sound that is pronounced in Arabic is identical in either case. Kadaffi would also be correct. These are Romanicizations. The actual word is Arabic, which has its own alphabet. Wherever you are, when you convert the sounds to your own language, whatever makes the same sound (where you are), is correct. The "correct spelling" is neither Osama or Usama - it's an Arabic script you can't read. The equivalent sound in American english is between an O and a U. Your personal dialect dictates which is correct to you.

Why do people choose to remain ignorant and recite prejudices instead of doing a little learning on their own?
    Last edited by Janaa; 2011-05-02 at 11:27 PM.
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Why the hard-on for Fox bashing? Fox is hardly the first place to mistype Osama as Obama. Do a google image search for "CNN Where's Obama?". I've seen a dozen people mistype it in the last 12 hours. And btw, Yahoo's story wasn't copied from the Fox newsticker. >< It was supplied by Reuters.
    Those dozen people are not multimillion dollar news organizations. Fox News should have people on staff to check this. Apparently they don't put much effort into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sneezeburger View Post
    Those dozen people are not multimillion dollar news organizations. Fox News should have people on staff to check this. Apparently they don't put much effort into it.
    And CNN and Reuters aren't multimillion dollar news organizations? Sorry - don't let the facts get in the way of a good prejudice.