Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

lol nerf to UA already

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    * Due to the damage increase when Unstable Affliction is dispelled post-patch 4.1, the spell power coefficient applied to its dispel damage has been reduced.
    How big of a nerf you think they will make?

Quote Originally Posted by warlockSTAR View Post
    How big of a nerf you think they will make?
    not sure, but I think this is because of on-use trinkets - hence the scaling nerf and not the base damage nerf. The way the dispel damage was hitting when a lock had a use SP or int trinket up when they cast was ridiculous.

Before i start complaining i want to know how big of a nerf this is... and why the hell was it necessary

10+ Year Old Account
    This is surprisingly... not surprising. Interesting. The good news, I was inspired to write a little something.

B: Here you go a new bicycle.
    W: Sweet. It's... kinda nice. Thanks?
    B: Don't mention it. When we see people without bicycles, we give them bicycles!
    W: Cool.
    B: Now just remember to stay inside this box right here and we won't take it away.
    W: What box?
    B: Did I say box? I meant don't use it.
    (burns bicycle with an undispellable fire spell)
    W: But I-?
    B: Yeah it was too tall for you. Sorry.

*Any and all similarities to true to life situations, persons, and/or entities are purely coincidental.
    *Based on true events.
    Rando: "shut up casby. you're dumb."
    Buddy: "casby is all, therefore you are casby, and casby is you, and you're arguing with yourself... and that is very un-casby."
    Me: "What?"
    Buddy: "shush, casby. i'm trying to defend you here." Cons***** leaves the group. "See. I embarrassed him."

yes, heaven forbid ua dispel damage be affected by trinkets and procs.

I'm not really sure how much SP played a part in UA dispelling, but when I dispel it on my Pally who has around 3.1k resil it hit me for ~31k, which is a good amount, not too much and not too little. I have no idea why this nerf is needed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    If i read this right they are changing it cause it is over effective in PVP. So PVE'er get nerfed cause PVPers dont like it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    If i read this right they are changing it cause it is over effective in PVP. So PVE'er get nerfed cause PVPers dont like it.....
    /facepalm

do you even know what UA is?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah Unstable Affliction, also use in PVE

Which means they wont nerf it too much because they dont want pvp changes to affect pve too much...
    btw, isn't affliction the weakest of all 3 specs pve wise?

Seriously, did you even read the change they made? Go ahead and read it now, take your time. Do you see where they changed just the coeffecient on the damage when it's dispelled? Can you name even 1 mob that dispels itself? Take your time finding one, really. Can't find one? No real surprise there because there aren't any. This, for possibly the first time ever, is a purely pvp nerf that doesn't have any impact what so ever on pve.

Quote Originally Posted by wreil View Post
    Which means they wont nerf it too much because they dont want pvp changes to affect pve too much...
    btw, isn't affliction the weakest of all 3 specs pve wise?

10+ Year Old Account
    lol ^_^ this thread made me laugh so many people don't understand how ua works... its funny :P

You clearly did not read this right, lol.

lolol. that guy is epic.

anyways, it doesnt affect pve because like grymgroeth said. no mob, boss, trash, critter AI ever dispells itself. so they dont get the damage from dispelling which is the one that is getting nerfed. unstable affliction damage from Doting the boss itself is doing well.

facepalm.jpg
    www.myspace.com/curseofdoom

...Warlock Hip-Hop To Melt Wax and Face...

/sigh

Anyway, depends what level the reduction is in all honesty.
    Who knows what secrets hide in the dark?

Ah yes...*I* do...

I killed myself on my shaman by using Shamanistic Rage when I was getting focused, hit myself for 26k and died.

Shit is fucking retarded.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just read the full patch note, my bad on that one. I was thinking no mod dispels this so why would they change it. Blizz has been know to do that in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    I killed myself on my shaman by using Shamanistic Rage when I was getting focused, hit myself for 26k and died.

Shit is fucking retarded.
    Whats retarded is when a healer can dispel all day and laugh at us because we can't damage him. Dispelling should have a trade off and if you want the dots off then you will get blown up for a lot.

I don't think this will be a huge nerf anyway so until we actually see the sky falling on us there is no reason to cry about it.
    Pyrotix Destruction Warlock
    stalk and kill 6/8 Heroic 25 man apply today