LastLast
    Deleted

money making proffs

which proffessions are good money makers that arnt gatherer proffs

10+ Year Old Account
    jewel crafting and enchanting

Deleted
    JC / Enchanting / Inscription

tho pretty much anything may make money if you put the effort in and depending on your servers economy.

Deleted
    Jewelcrafting..it is just too easy, I havent got other professions at max so cant give any other perspective.

I go onto the AH, search for elementium ore, I buy it if its 35g/stack or less and then prospect and sell the gems. I invested 3k the other night, and got a PROFIT of 4k...from just listing stuff on the AH.
    If you are going to use jewelcrafting get an addon called OreCrusher.

Quote Originally Posted by supermagma View Post
    Jewelcrafting..it is just too easy, I havent got other professions at max so cant give any other perspective.

I go onto the AH, search for elementium ore, I buy it if its 35g/stack or less and then prospect and sell the gems. I invested 3k the other night, and got a PROFIT of 4k...from just listing stuff on the AH.
    If you are going to use jewelcrafting get an addon called OreCrusher.
    I wish I had a bad realm like you.
    If I invest the same 3k in mats like you, I may get a 250g return, if I'm lucky.

Alch used to be, but now JC and BS are pretty good.

yeah until they add epic gems there really isn't any money in jc. I have made a lot in tailoring with bags and epic gear, bs also awesome maybe the best right now

can we get a sticky on one of these threads, it seems we have a new one every week.

Deleted
    Jewelcrafting / inscription / BS are all really nice and easy to make gold with.

May I ask what you're making gold with in BS besides belt buckles?

I was doing real well with Alchemy transmutes, specifically the Life to XXs. Airs were selling for 30g each. Lifes normally go for 5-15 each. So, daily transmute nets decent money.

LW can also do well. Heavy Savage Leather, as well as BOE epics, and Leg enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawsun View Post
    May I ask what you're making gold with in BS besides belt buckles?
    enchanting rods, pvp gear, random epic stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    If I invest the same 3k in mats like you, I may get a 250g return, if I'm lucky.

If you prospect 85 stacks elementium you will have much more in return than 250g, believe me. I make 4-5k profit with prospecting and cutting selling the gems.

rare Red cut gems are 70-100g
    rare Orange cut gems are around 50g
    rare Purple cut gems are around 50
    rare Blue cut gems are around 30g
    rare Green cut gems are around 50g
    uncommon red gems -> make cardinal spikes (3 each) -> disenchant into 4dust-3celestials = 20-30g each red uncommon
    all colors that are needed for daily -> 15-20g at the day the specific quest is active
    all other gems -> vendor them uncut or make items to get dust or if you have an alchemist transmute them -> cut -> sell -> 5-15g each

If you make enchant scrolls from the dust and essences you get you can easily get 30-40% more than selling the materials directly.

Just put in some effort and youll be rich very fast.

You have to know when you sell them and which cuts you make.
    Last edited by Culexus; 2011-05-06 at 02:28 AM.

Theres usually 1 or 2 things you can make money on with each profession but honestly it depends on your seervers economy.

tailoring has leg enchants and bags

JC is easy gold but theres so many jc's and no epic gems so your profit margins are very slim. You would need to sell a huge amount of gems a day to make tons of gold, and relist them on the AH at least every hour because undercutting is insane.

alchemy has the daily transmute its the fastest and most ez way to makee a few hundered gold a day.

inscription is ok but like JC theres tons of undercutting, and it also takes a long time to mill herbs/make glyphspost/repost ect...

engineering is dead

LW and Bs both have a few things you can make money on depending on your server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psii View Post
    How are you doing it though? I find on my realm there is usually someone in trade trying to ship a large amount of stacks for a little less than the AH value. Today I saw someone shipping for 30g a stack, I made him a deal and bought 100 stacks for 2500g. Buying that cheap means 2 things:

1. You make your money back simply by vending the uncut low quality gems (except for Zephrite and Nightstone as they sell for loads when it's their JC daily)
    2. Anything you sell on the AH past that is pure profit. Even if you slow feed the market after buying large, it's still a massive profit.

As it is I tend to undercut the current sellers by enough that they don't want to relist so I get quick sales. I think I made about 6-7k from half the ore so far. If you advertise you are buying cheap but LOADS as well people will jump on it. Easier to offload an alt filled with ore in one go for 3k than try and play the AH.

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 06:44 AM ----------

Alchemy is pretty good as well but you have to keep an eye on AH herb / flask prices. When the herbs are being piled on the AH and the flasks are in demand (about 100g) is the best time to unload. Again, I usually offer a few stacks of flasks in trade for 500g or so less than the Ah price to get quick sales.

Deleted
    ok on my server everything on ah for enchant and jc is a rip off whats best gatherer proff to make money

Quote Originally Posted by dragonx View Post
    ok on my server everything on ah for enchant and jc is a rip off whats best gatherer proff to make money
    uhhh...skinning <_< >_> yea i'll go with that

(or herbing)

I feel sorry for you guys saying you pay 35g plus a stack for ore, I just picked up over 90 stacks for 19g a stack..win!

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

Jcing is almost never a money maker. I've spent nearly 50,000 gold on it since it came out. Alchemy though is pretty good.
    May the raging winds destroy my foes, and let its soothing breeze ease the pain of my friends!

My Main: Ranko US-Garithos[A]

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi View Post
    Jcing is almost never a money maker. I've spent nearly 50,000 gold on it since it came out. Alchemy though is pretty good.
    I very highly disagree....
    If you aren't making money with JC you are making the wrong cuts, not thinking out of the box on what to make, or not taking what days to sell into account.
    JC has been one of my most profitable markets since I started.
    Last edited by usiris; 2011-05-12 at 05:12 PM.