Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

I can't tell if I'm perma banned or not.

So I got a bann from the WoW forums for posting a obscene/vulgar video (video here:
    http://youtu.be/oY6tCnu-1Do) It's not even offensive, but whatever, the point is the email they sent me is confusing, it says i've been banned for 1 week and then tells me I've been perma banned. Email below:

Hello,

This email is to inform you that your account has been suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 1 week period for linking to a web page containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language or content.

It's important for us to provide a civil and friendly environment on the forums, where all players can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts with each other. Your inability to help us maintain that goal has caused us to permanently suspend your forum privileges.

If you feel that you have been wrongly banned please send your reasons to this email address: wowreportedpost@blizzard.com

- The World of Warcraft Community Team

World of Warcraft Forum Code of Conduct: http://battle.net/community/conduct
    So yeah, just wondering if I'm perma banned or not.

Try e-mailing them like it says. Also, that video does fall under the "containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language" category. Doesn't matter if you think it's "offensive".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    Try e-mailing them like it says. Also, that video does fall under the "containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language" category. Doesn't matter if you think it's "offensive".
    I know, thats why I'm not complaining I got banned. I was just confused if I've been perma banned or not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The EagleOwl Mage View Post
    I know, thats why I'm not complaining I got banned. I was just confused if I've been perma banned or not.
    Only Blizzard can tell you. Email them back.

That video is so awesome. Very very very Robot Chicken inspired and Robot Chicken is like a late night deal. It is stupid, but yes they do cry about that on the forums from like mom's and dads who let their kids play WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Only Blizzard can tell you. Email them back.
    I did. But it takes blizzard like a week to respond.

Because you know, blizzard support lol.

I have been suspended/banned from enough forums to tell you that is a one weeker there. Avoid the adult humor vids because there are kids on the fourms.

Deleted

Well I guess you'll have to wait. Not a single person here could tell you the information you want because we are not Blizzard employee's. Only someone working in the customer support office who can access Blizz's records of yoru account can tell you whether its a 1 week ban or perma.

Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    I have been suspended/banned from enough forums to tell you that is a one weeker there. Avoid the adult humor vids because there are kids on the fourms.
    Not only are there kids but other people just don't feel like seeing/hearing that annoying stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the email is titled "final warning" which is weird because I've never been banned before.

Am I just stupid and missing something here? Doesn't it say:

suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 1 week period

Also the email is titled "final warning" which is weird because I've never been banned before.
    Have you been warned before?

is this a troll?

This email is to inform you that your account has been suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 1 week period for linking to a web page containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language or content. <-- it says 1 week.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a secret undercover Forum Troll, you wipe your memory everytime you get banned so as to keep your trolling fresh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueslol View Post
    is this a troll?

This email is to inform you that your account has been suspended from the World of Warcraft forums for a 1 week period for linking to a web page containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language or content. <-- it says 1 week.
    It also says on the line below that he has been permanently banned.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this a troll?

Yes, but right below that it says I've been perma banned, hence the confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    is this a troll?

2nd paragraph says hes been Permanantly banned, which is why he made the thread, out of confusion.

If your idea of contributing to the wow forums involves posting crap like that, I do hope it's a permanent ban.

PS: The idea of calling it "adult humor" is ironic given the juvenile mindset it must have taken to create.

Either way, the email already answered your question. Contact them, and wait.
    Actually, Mr. Lennon, I CAN imagine a world with no hatred, religion, war, or violence.
    I can also imagine attacking such a world, because they would never see it coming.

http://mhkeehn.tripod.com/trashcan.jpg
    http://politicalhumor.about.com/libr...s/carville.jpe

For once, Carville was a man ahead of his time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you been warned before?
    Not that I know of, I don't really make it a habit of posting stuff that could get me in trouble. I just sort of slipped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raevene View Post
    It also says on the line below that he has been permanently banned.
    I believe the first line would read something like "This account has been permanently banned from the World of Warcraft forums for for linking to a web page containing obscene, vulgar, inappropriate language or content."

At least that's what all other permaban e-mails look like.

e.g.

This account has been permanently banned from the World of Warcraft forums for posting speculative information about unreleased content.

It's important for us to provide a civil and friendly environment on the forums, where all players can feel comfortable sharing their thoughts with each other. Your inability to help us maintain that goal has caused us to permanently suspend your forum privileges.