Deleted

Dispell Magic macro help

Hey MMO,

I don't know if this is the right sectionto post this in. Please move it if it is in the wrong section.
    Right so I generally play paladin for PvP and as most of you probably know the paladin dispell differs a lot from the priest dispell. If you have auto self cast turned on and you have an enemy targeted and cast your dispell it will automatically dispell you. And if you have a friendly targeted it will dispell them. But as a priest it will dispell an enemy instead of yourself if you have a enemy targeted. So I was looking for a macro of some sort that if you have an enemy targeted it will dispell yourself, like the /cast [target=myname] Dispell magic but i'd also want it to work for friendly targets aswell. So if I have an enemy targeted it will dispell myself, but if i have an friendly targeted it will dispell him/her.

is there such a macro? or do i have to get used to it the regular way?

You absolutely can do a macro that will look at if (target is harm) and have it cast on you otherwise cast on target (since if it's not harm, it will be friendly). But no, I do not know how. There is a UI/Macros forum with a sticky thread for macro questions that gets answered extremely quickly. If you post over there you will get a fast answer (or may even see a similar macro that does exactly what you need).

Or someone else here may answer too.

Hmm I don't know if there is such a macro. But you could try a simple

/cast [target=mouseover] Dispell magic

Then you can target whoever you like and just mouseover your desired target to dispell the magic.
    Azrax, Level 85 Gnome Rogue
    Kárnivool, Level 85 Human Priest
    <Ka Pai> - New Zealand based 25 man, 3 day raiding guild. We strive to provide an attractive, enjoyable, and constructive raid environment. Currently 4/8 Heroic Dragon Soul.

---- Currently Retired from Early Dragon Soul Progression, will be back for Mists!! ----

No macro expert here, but this might work for you:

/cast [mod:alt,target=player][target=mouseover, exists, help] [target=target,exists][target=player] Dispel Magic

If target is hostile, cast dispel magic on it.
    If target is friendly, cast dispel magic on it.
    If mouseover target is friendly, cast dispel magic on it.
    By pressing alt+hotkey, cast dispel magic on myself.

Try it and see if it works/suits you.

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies,
    I'd rather not use a mouseover/modifier for the spell since im not used to those at all, ill try posting this in the macro forums aswell!

/cast [help] dispel magic; [target=player] dispel magic

Should work

#showtooltip
    /use [help][@player]Dispel Magic

I tried the most obvious way, which is [harm,@player], which doesn't work, nor [harm,target=player]; easiest solution was to go about it backwards, check to see if the target is friendly with [help], and if you can't help it, it casts on you with [@player]. #showtooltip isn't necessary, but it will let you see the spell icon and mouse over it for the spell tooltip.

Edit: Darn, got beaten to it, that works the same as the one I wrote.
    Last edited by Venaf; 2011-05-05 at 04:54 PM. Reason: Too slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Venaf View Post
    #showtooltip
    /use [help][@player]Dispel Magic

Edit: Darn, got beaten to it, that works the same as the one I wrote.
    Sucker :>
    But I don't know, you should have a ; between, otherwise it might cause a conflict in what order it dispels :S

options -> combat -> self cast key....

Bind a modifier (alt, shift, ect), and hold that mod, to force any spell self cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollipop132002 View Post
    Thanks for the replies,
    I'd rather not use a mouseover/modifier for the spell since im not used to those at all, ill try posting this in the macro forums aswell!
    Quote Originally Posted by openair View Post
    options -> combat -> self cast key....

Bind a modifier (alt, shift, ect), and hold that mod, to force any spell self cast.
    Reading the thread helps =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Sucker :>
    But I don't know, you should have a ; between, otherwise it might cause a conflict in what order it dispels :S
    Nah, with conditions you don't need a semicolon between them. The semicolon separates different spells. Of course your version, while longer, works fine too.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys, the macros work <3 You guys are just theb best :>