Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    And I wouldn't really consider this as "facts", because honestly you don't analyze our whole dps arsenal, and your stat values are flawed.
    And on top of that you're not analyzing it with raid buffs, flasks, food, etc.

Why yes, I do have too much time on my hands... how did you guess?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    And yes, simulationcraft sims crit scaling value higher than mastery scaling value when used on my profile/character.
    Just for fun I ran simcraft with your gear. (Full buffs (DI, no FM) and debuffs)
    Scale Factors
    Crt 1.3138
    Hst 1.5111
    Mst 1.4305

Scale Factors (5 seconds of movement every 30)
    Crt 1.4387
    Hst 1.2061
    Mst 1.3199

I think you're basing your opinion that mastery is only slightly better than crit in bis gear on a turrent fight on old versions of simcraft. Get the new ones instead and you'll see that there is a significant difference (it's even more in favor of mastery for me).

Also, the more I think about it I can safely say that I rarely run for as long as 5 seconds every 30 seconds, it's only on a handful of fights and on some of them I'm only running because I am out of range. 2 or 2.5 seconds (sometimes less/more depending on whether you get targeted by things or not) feels more accurate for most fights.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    Just for fun I ran simcraft with your gear. (Full buffs (DI, no FM) and debuffs)
    Scale Factors
    Crt 1.3138
    Hst 1.5111
    Mst 1.4305

Scale Factors (5 seconds of movement every 30)
    Crt 1.4387
    Hst 1.2061
    Mst 1.3199

I think you're basing your opinion that mastery is only slightly better than crit in bis gear on a turrent fight on old versions of simcraft. Get the new ones instead and you'll see that there is a significant difference (it's even more in favor of mastery for me).

Also, the more I think about it I can safely say that I rarely run for as long as 5 seconds every 30 seconds, it's only on a handful of fights and on some of them I'm only running because I am out of range. 2 or 2.5 seconds (sometimes less/more depending on whether you get targeted by things or not) feels more accurate for most fights.
    Okay, what I got through Simcraft while using my own gear (scale values):

Unlimited mana, helter skelter fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.5469 haste; 0.4026 crit; 0.4012 mastery

Limited mana, helter skelter fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.2969 haste; 0.3286 crit; 0.2919 mastery

Unlimited mana, Patchwerk fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.5013 haste; 0.4064 crit; 0.4394 mastery

Limited mana, Patchwerk fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.3487 haste; 0.3924 crit; 0.3639 mastery

Change: NO devouring plague spamming unless it has to be refreshed on the two following sims.

Limited mana, Patchwerk fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.5041 haste; 0.4116 crit; 0.4288 mastery

Limited mana, helter skelter fight, 5 sec movement/30 sec: 0.5258 haste; 0.4026 crit; 0.4216 mastery

What I understand from this:

Haste is superior on both helter skelter/patchwerk fights where either mana is unlimited or devouring plague burst spamming isnt allowed, basically making it my most wanted stat.

Crit is superior to mastery on both Patchwerk and Helter Skelter fights with limited mana and devouring plague spamming allowed. Equal to mastery on fights helter skelter fights with unlimited mana where devouring plague is spam-able.

Mastery is superior to crit on fights that includes unlimited mana, less movement/rng, where devouring plague isnt spam-able.

As a shadow priest you will most likely have unlimited mana, wont be able to spam devouring plague because of SP modifiers, however most fights will include RNG/movement. Mastery will also scale better on multidotting fights where DoTs will do an overall higher damage and multidot-SW:Ps will make up for the loss of shadow orb generation because of movement/RNG.

Overall I'd say mastery is superior to crit, thanks for correcting me.

PS: I don't have the (4) set bonus which makes crit scale better. The new T12 set bonus will most likely make crit scale better too and make it preferable (assumption).
    Last edited by mmoca20fa69a21; 2011-05-07 at 07:45 PM.