Deleted

Recuperate proposal

Currently Recuperate reads as follows:

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant
    Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 3% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point:
    1 point : 6 seconds
    2 points: 12 seconds
    3 points: 18 seconds
    4 points: 24 seconds
    5 points: 30 seconds

My proposal would be to change it as follows.

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant
    Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 2% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point:
    1 point : 9 seconds
    2 points: 18 seconds
    3 points: 27 seconds
    4 points: 36 seconds
    5 points: 45 seconds

The idea is to reduce the HPS, while maintaining the actual healing it provides. That way it shouldn't be able to hard-counter Dots as much as it used to while it increases the Subtlety DPS significantly by making the rotation slightly more forgiving.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant
    Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 3% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point:

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant
    Finishing move that consumes combo points on any nearby target to restore 2% of maximum health every 3 sec. Lasts longer per combo point:

The idea is to reduce the HPS, while maintaining the actual healing it provides. That way it shouldn't be able to hard-counter Dots as much as it used to while it increases the Subtlety DPS significantly by making the rotation slightly more forgiving.
    the problem is that this also nerfs the survival in pvp. if you want to make sub easier imho make the mastery effect the LENGTH of SnD and Recup, not the effectiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    the problem is that this also nerfs the survival in pvp. if you want to make sub easier imho make the mastery effect the LENGTH of SnD and Recup, not the effectiveness.
    It doesn't increase the effectiveness of Recup.

Also, the ability is fine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razorlor View Post
    It doesn't increase the effectiveness of Recup.

Also, the ability is fine.
    ok let me rephrase. have mastery increase the duration of it. i guess im out of date on the effect of subs mastery. seeing as i haven't used the spec in a while.

Why does everything have to be easy? Rogue's are fine atm!

Every spec is behind on damage atm, Sub should be the least of your worries.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's a great idea. It would allow us to spend less time/globals keeping recuperate up while also maintaining the energy regen and not countering dots as hard as it currently is.

Though it sounds like it wouldn't change anything on paper, it would be a pretty big nerf in PvP. There's more damage than just dots. Rogues would be easier to take down in general as our total health is not as high anymore. Before it's a 1% hp per second, then it goes down to .66% hp per second. Over time that can really add up.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Just no.

Rogue's are probebly in the best place all around right now. And we aren't going to let anyone change a thing about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Recuperate isn't the problem.

Rogues still are way too cooldown-based. Giving them more cooldowns on shorter cooldown timers doesn't fix the issue. I think the Cataclysm model for Rogues both in PvP is a pretty poor way to handle it.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant

Recuperate
    30 Energy 100 yd range
    Instant

No.

And I'll tell you why.

Most rogues aren't even taking imp recup outside of duels anyway because of the change to nightstalker w/+ quickening & the baseline recup hot healing for 3% instead of 2%/4% talented.

If you are not outdamaging recuperate then I hate to say it.. but you're simply playing incorrectly.

If you're talking about balance in duels however.. please stop.

and the only way to move away from cooldowns is to remove them and grant passives as far as i can see. As the classes without significant cd's have strong passives. For instance, shadow priest -15% damage received from shadow form.
    dk's heal significantly, but with limited on demand effect, the more time/resources they can devote to heal, the better.

A nifty idea would be a passive that had a 20% cap (for example) that starts at zero, and builds up. This reduces damage the rogue takes until the rogue doesn't take damage for some amonut of time. would encourage repeated target switching to kill a rogue, instead of attempting to blow them up before their cooldowns can matter.

Not only do I think it is a bad idea in general, but the PvE ramifications of that are being ignored. It isn't used every fight or anything but there are places for it and the only time you would ever want it to last longer is if you are for some reason dpsing as sub (actually dpsing not V&T where it would be a huge nerf) and thats really only viable on what, heroic nef?

would be nice if they added recuperate once again into the mastery but this time with increase the duration not the healing effect .pve sub rogues would really love that . they would like improve slice and dice to be moved from tier 2 to tier one in combat tree .

why is it bad that dot damage gets countered?
    almost any class has a dot, almost any class has a regeneration skill.
    use it or lose it.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

the way it works out now You can put up recoup, stack 5 more combo pnts and put on SnD and have them on for 20 seconds both, then use a 5stack eviscerate/envenom/rupture and then you have to restart the process. It's clunky and more difficult than the other specs but I enjoy it. And plus it's the best PvP spec by far.