Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit Link and Cho'Gall Corruption

So I have been giving it some thought and looking around forums, is using spirit link to heal 100% corrupted blood players an exploit when they are not supposed to be receiving any healing effects? Or is spirit link not classified as a healing effect? Was not sure whether or not to use this as a strategy or not on Heroic mode or not.

It's technically not a healing effect, it's a health equalization. It's on par with using priest bubbles to keep them alive, as far as being an exploit goes...

It wouldn't be an exploit even if it wasn't intended, such uses of abilities are 'clever uses of game mechanics'.

Quote Originally Posted by Missappear View Post
    So I have been giving it some thought and looking around forums, is using spirit link to heal 100% corrupted blood players an exploit when they are not supposed to be receiving any healing effects? Or is spirit link not classified as a healing effect? Was not sure whether or not to use this as a strategy or not on Heroic mode or not.
    My guild used it, and we aren't banned yet, so I'm going to have to say go ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    We use this as well. Spirit link is super effective!

Appreciate the input guys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Use it well, we do too.

Broken totem is broken :P

it can really make p3 start easier. Fire mage topped when p3 starts can do wonders with 1st tentacles (especially if they are all grped near boss haha). Saves shitloads of dps providing its all happening during heroism

We heard about it this week we didnt do it last week, we convert 2 mages on heroic cho'gall and they were at full HP just before p3 started, you send a few people out to stand near them and heal those people to full so the mages go to full with the totem up.

Its also OP for al'akir

Won't the shadowbolts rape the raid ? Unless your only doing it on 1 or 2 people.
    Last edited by Mudkiper; 2011-05-07 at 04:57 PM.

Iceblock removes them. :>

While SLT does technically count as a heal, it ignores all modifiers, negative or positive to do so. The damage it causes also ignores modifiers. This was to prevent +healing talents and abilities from making it super OP and to prevent the damage part from being resisted or lowered by -damage talents or abilities. A side effect of that is that it ignores all healing debuffs as well, which is fine and intended. It's not an exploit, and you won't get banned.

How exactly would this strategy work? And do people find Cho'gall easier with a mage being 100% corrupted or just a normal strat?

We got our kill after about 50 attempts on 10 heroic while 2 healing. Managed to get a kill (perfect kill, 145k raid dps, no mage being corrupted, no one over 40 corruption by end of kill, and no deaths).

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopsa View Post
    While SLT does technically count as a heal, it ignores all modifiers, negative or positive to do so. The damage it causes also ignores modifiers. This was to prevent +healing talents and abilities from making it super OP and to prevent the damage part from being resisted or lowered by -damage talents or abilities. A side effect of that is that it ignores all healing debuffs as well, which is fine and intended. It's not an exploit, and you won't get banned.
    The damage can be resisted and absorbed.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    The damage can be resisted and absorbed.
    Source? I believe they fixed that before it went live.

My source is World of Logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...8/spell/98021/

As you can see, its damage component was absorbed 259 times, and resisted 65 times. I suspect both of these occur due to technical issues with the way absorb mechanics work, and how totems don't benefit from the caster's spell hit or penetration.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh my. Oh!
    Why haven't I thought of that before? There's always someone that manages to get 100 corruption..

BRILLIANT!
    Proud owner of Imonition.

I was thinking about using SLT on Chimaeron's mortality phase, but I wasn't sure if it'd work, or just damage everyone without "healing" them.

So what do you guys think would be the best way to use it? Help keep the tank alive longer near the beginning? (As in, keep everyone stacked, wait until the tank gets low 3 seconds after a melee attack?)
    We raid 10m and have a disc priest spamming PW:S the entire time, so Mocking Shadows isn't really a concern.

It should work, but assuming you're OK with Mocking Shadows, why bother?

While it isn't an exploit, prepare for it to be nerfed soon. Spirit Link *IS* classified as a heal (it heals you to the equal percentage).