Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Getting the branch doesnt even slightly look like the quests from shadowmourne. The 25 cinders and Embers parts are similar. You never needed to kill the lk to complete shadowmourne.

Both ulduar and icc had more bosses than firelands. That may be a reason why you only need 25 shards compared to earlier legendaries.
    Hehehe the weapon was created to kill Lich King... no sense in needing to kill him 1st like this new legendary.

It actually has nothing in common with SM, except for using "primordial saronites" + "shards", the story/purpose of it looks totally diferent. You'll use it to fight the forces in fireland, but it's not meant for it. It's a "house" for a victim of Deathwing in the middle of Ragnaros incursion and the Blue Dragon Flight betrayal/council. It does indeed start with a vision of world burning and all, but the Staff is something created in the middle of all this mess to "save" Tarecgosa.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trapped in the vortex. Thank goodness we have broadband here though.
    A whole hell of a lot of work into a quest-line that how many guilds/people will do? :P
    Television, in their stomachs. Now that, is evolution.

Deleted
    l-l-legendary

Deleted
    m-m-m-multigrind!

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Will this staff be viable for healers too btw? Something I was wondering.. Or is it too early to tell?
    They have stated that it will have a proc for damage dealing spells only and stats will not favor healing.
    It's just a game.

The Whisper_B series put me in mind of Ashbringer.

VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_01 - I am with you always.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_02 - You are a treasure to Azeroth.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_03 - Your deeds will live on forever in the memory of the Blue Dragonflight.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_04 - Fight on! Hope shines through even the most utter darkness.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_05 - Never give up.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_06 - You are a master of the arcane, but never allow it to have mastery of you.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_07 - Your power is great, but you are destined for even greater.
    VO_QUEST_42_TARECGOSA_WHISPER_B_08 - Keep your mind and heart clear.
    I suspect the legendary whispers to you as you carry it around, much like Ashbringer and Shadow's Edge. The first set (A) are for when you have an intermediate phase of the staff, the second (B) for the completed staff.
    Last edited by Charsi; 2011-05-06 at 12:49 PM.

If the living embers can be bought for less than 1250 VP, a 25man raiding guild will prolly be able to get all the living embers in one day, before all bosses are down, finish the quest chain, start farming the shards, and get this within a month (if they can kill raggy normal that fast)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charsi View Post
    I suspect the legendary whispers to you as you carry it around, much like Ashbringer and Shadow's Edge. The first set (A) are for when you have an intermediate phase of the staff, the second (B) for the completed staff.
    All thats missing is the staff saying 'May the arcane be with you.....always...'.
    -Insert flashy and awesome Photoshop signature of my WoW character here-

ho....ly....f**k

Lorection inc

Quote Originally Posted by Shanto94 View Post
    If the living embers can be bought for less than 1250 VP, a 25man raiding guild will prolly be able to get all the living embers in one day, before all bosses are down, finish the quest chain, start farming the shards, and get this within a month (if they can kill raggy normal that fast)
    I highly doubt that getting one raider (a DPS at that) a legendary will be a bigger raid progression benefit than getting 25 raiders (including tanks+healers) a piece of T12.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    I highly doubt that getting one raider (a DPS at that) a legendary will be a bigger raid progression benefit than getting 25 raiders (including tanks+healers) a piece of T12.
    True, but you dont get a frontpage news on mmo champ if you get every raider of your grp a piece of t12 as first in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    True, but you dont get a frontpage news on mmo champ if you get every raider of your grp a piece of t12 as first in the world.
    But you do get on the frontpage of MMO-champ for being first in the world to down 7/7 with the T12 you rushed to get.

I can assure you that getting one member a legendary is very low on Paragon/Vodka/Method's priority lists, at least for the first few weeks. WF Shadowmourne wasn't even in the top 25.

Recruiting all casters
    9 hours/week

15+ Year Old Account
    VO_QUEST_42_KALECGOS_AMBUSH_05 - (Grunting)
    VO_QUEST_42_KALECGOS_AMBUSH_07 - Ohh.. Tarecgosa..

Bwaahh?

Is there any chance that this staff will have a version with agility perhaps? for feral druids and hunters? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoman View Post
    But you do get on the frontpage of MMO-champ for being first in the world to down 7/7 with the T12 you rushed to get.

I can assure you that getting one member a legendary is very low on Paragon/Vodka/Method's priority lists, at least for the first few weeks. WF Shadowmourne wasn't even in the top 25.
    Yes, probably but the guy you quoted didnt say a word about top guilds. If you are a guild with no chance on a raidboss world first but really good players (top 50-100) why not go for the legendary world first and finally get some attention?

Anyone else finding it ironic that the potentially longest and most time consuming part in this quest chain is called "time grow short"? @$^$^@^ blizzard and your stupid time sinks

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valegos View Post
    And what about the "professions" part of the questline ?

Indeed I can't see it neither ! Maybe Blizzard hide it so we aren't fully prepared with the mats before the quest is live.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomanex View Post
    Is there any chance that this staff will have a version with agility perhaps? for feral druids and hunters? :P
    Blizzard has confirmed multiple times that it is for caster DPS only.

It would also make absolutely no sense at all to have an agi based version, seeing as how the entire questline is wrapped up in dealing with the blue dragonflight, who are the guardians of MAGIC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerpoker View Post
    I just hope we get a nice wrathgate style cutscene.. :z
    Would be somewhat surprised if they make a cutscene that only 0.1% of all players will ever see.

I'll tell you what's funny about this. Through this questline, you basically become an outstanding mortal in the eyes of the Blue Dragonflight, and likely the Red and Bronze Dragonflights as well. You are gifted with the essence of a powerful dragon, you witness events no other mortal has witnessed to date... you are absolutely, positively fantastic...

And there will be an expansion or content patch, in the near future, where the Blue Dragonflight will be a faction, and your Teracgosa-wielding character will start at 'Hated' with them. Or, maybe 'Neutral' - just like everyone else.

Really, this questline seems fantastic. Hats off the Blizzard for that. But please, don't sock your players in the gut sometime down the road and effectively negate all they've done with a damn reputation grind.