Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    SO this dragon dies http://media.mmo-champion.com/images...agonwrath5.jpg and dragons let us use her as a staff weapon---sounds a bit lame to me. (or am i reading wrong)
    (or was it TARECGOSA)

Quote Originally Posted by bigfoot1291 View Post
    I bet the droprate of the shards will be fairly low, probably ~25%. Shadowmourne required the 25 primordials AND 50 shards, with a 50% - 99% in heroic, 25% - 50% in normal drop rate.
    Ulduar required 30 shards and was a ~10% drop rate, but didn't require much else. So 25% seems like a fair estimate IMO.
    Keep in mind that bosses are less too than Uld-ICC still 25% seems pretty logical to me...

*Prepares a sacrifice to the RNG gods*

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's to hoping it will be available in 10 man, too!

I hope I will be the one to get to wear this badass in my guild - 10man but still 1 more caster atm

I think this staff will be baddass :P and for sure goodlooking + I like staffs over MH + OH

Cant w8 to start doing quest for it GIEF IT !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Asus Sabertooth 990FX 2.0 | AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz | Corsair H80i | 2x8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866MHz Cl9 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB Vapor-X GHz Edition |
    XFX ProSeries XXX 850W | Fractal Design Define R4 | Samsung 840 ProSerie 256GB | 3TB HDD

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    It will 100%. Though in 25 mans you will be able to complete it slightly faster as been said already.

10+ Year Old Account
    So... who's gonna be the next Aspect of Magic? I hope it will be Azuregos.

Wait so..Anachronos sees in the future that Azeroth is going to burn from the Firelands, but his full vision of the event is clouded by something in the Nexus.

So..we go to the Nexus, talk to the Blues, and find out Arygos is clouding Anachronos' vision so that his own plans will work. Arygos is working with Deathwing to become the next Aspect, etc.

Tarecgosa finds out, and we go after Arygos, but Tarecgosa gets messed up horribly.

Kalecgos finds out, and becomes the Blue Aspect.

..Where does the Weapon come into play in this I'm confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiglo View Post
    I think they already mentioned it a couple of times. They said 25-man will be able to get it a bit quicker tho. More living embers dropping per boss? or higher chance of the shards.

nice ty for the post boub.Hmm it was said tht players will take on the form of a blue dragon kin and now in the final stages of the quest we get bound by the teracgoasa so that means when the weapon procs we will become her ? :@

Deleted
    Only a total of 9k gold not hard to get today...

Its not mandatory to buy the living embers since they drop from bosses.
    Last edited by mmocc7ae5c5557; 2011-05-06 at 11:22 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Will this staff be viable for healers too btw? Something I was wondering.. Or is it too early to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    Will this staff be viable for healers too btw? Something I was wondering.. Or is it too early to tell?
    It's only for caster DPS, healers got their legendary in Ulduar not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    I am a healer and i really really really hope that the staff will not be viable for healers. Not because i dont want shiny oranges but because i couldnt stand the QQ on the forums and i dont want to go through the process of discussing if it benefits healers or dps more and who deserves it.

Quote Originally Posted by Descense View Post
    SO this dragon dies and dragons let us use her as a staff weapon---sounds a bit lame to me. (or am i reading wrong)
    (or was it TARECGOSA)
    That dragon is Tarecgosa, she will die trying to save Kalecgos from a sneak attack and the only way to preserve her spirit is to seal it inside of you temporarily. Until the end of the quest-line where Kalecgos will use his powers and the heart of Ragnaros to bind her spirit to the staff to, in essence, keep her alive, so no not even close to lame

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 11:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Voidgazer View Post
    So... who's gonna be the next Aspect of Magic? I hope it will be Azuregos.
    Kalecgos will become the new Aspect, which i've seen coming since he got his own custom model lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    what? no uproar from the lore community that a mortal is given the essence of a dragon? unbelieveable

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Wait so..Anachronos sees in the future that Azeroth is going to burn from the Firelands, but his full vision of the event is clouded by something in the Nexus.

So..we go to the Nexus, talk to the Blues, and find out Arygos is clouding Anachronos' vision so that his own plans will work. Arygos is working with Deathwing to become the next Aspect, etc.

Tarecgosa finds out, and we go after Arygos, but Tarecgosa gets messed up horribly.

Kalecgos finds out, and becomes the Blue Aspect.

..Where does the Weapon come into play in this I'm confused.
    Tarecgosa gets killed and Kalecgos imbues you with her spirit but it's only temporary until you can build the weapon. Then she enters the weapon so that she can still live forever in a sense.

It would also seem that you actually take place in the vote for the new aspect. That's pretty damn awesome.

Deleted
    I just hope we get a nice wrathgate style cutscene.. :z

10+ Year Old Account
    So the staff essentially contains the soul and whole being of one of the more powerful blue dragons?

Lol can't wait to vendor it for 32 gold when it's replaced with a rock on a stick at the start of the next expansion.

Also: Kalecgos has been confirmed as the new Blue Aspect for ages, it was said in a developer interview. It might have been at Blizzcon.

Bah, I wish we could kill Kalecgos, I have never liked him. I would prefer Azuregos, he's a total boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Masternewt View Post
    Restricted to specific classes and probably one or at most two people inside an operational raid community. Yeah... definitely something for the masses.

This sort of quests should be the norm at top level - long, epic, demanding quest lines with some potentially useful rewards, but most of all, a good storyline. I'm waiting for the Thrall questline details.
    This questline is looking rather similar to Shadowmourne's questline in that you'll likely get some usable epic versions before the final legendary, and likely before you have to go into heroic mode so that is for the "masses" per-se. I'm sure collecting 25 Living Flames will be considerably harder and much more time consuming than primordial saronite, but I'm sure by the time the next raid tier is out some casual guilds may have gotten the epic staff.