Page 34 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Meari, do you have any recommended songs/albums from Ayumi Hamasaki? Thanks for the reference! she's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    For you K-pop lovers :

or
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-22 at 11:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh right, Kan Mi Youn. I remember listening to her and adding her to list of Artists I need to check out eventually, I just never got there in the end. I preferred Going Crazy over Paparazzi, but both are catchy. Also A > To Me. That MV is just....ughhh....Asian Girls with bangs....It's like they made that MV for me!

Speaking of that list of Artists I put on the back burner, here are some songs from a few of that list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    Looking at that link, it looks more like a joke/fun picture, in my opinion. It even mentioned that she's having her comeback soon, I don't think she'd have one if she was joining a group! But who knows ^^
    Ha I need to read articles closer sometimes xD

Didn't even know who Juniel was before that article though, in my defence xD

Just noticed... Meari you hangulized Sweden as your location.. but.. wouldn't 쉐덴 be more correct? Because well you can split the S and W here since W-sounds are considered vocals :P

Anyway that was a little off-topic, so here's a song by one of the founders of what the music culture of Korea is today, Seo Tai Ji

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Ha I need to read articles closer sometimes xD

Didn't even know who Juniel was before that article though, in my defence xD
    Hehe, I haven't actually heard of either Juneil or AoA at all! I just got intriuged by the whole solo artists joins girl group-thing ^.^

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    Random song:

[video=youtube;XHdcW2axwMk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHdcW2axwMk[video]
    I'm usually not a fan of AKB48 but this song is really good.
    Not sure why I'm not listening more to AKB48, I love everything I've heard from them so far.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I have no idea, I just went with what was on Wikipedia

If you go with what you said though you leave out the eu sound (ㅡ), since ㅜ is just a simple u? I really have no idea. :P
    ᅰ Is it's own letter kinda, a complex vowel pronounced we

There are I believe 7 of these complex vowels, and they're a nightmare to remember compared to the rest of the Hangul characters!

(Google translate translates both your location and the one Grim suggested to Sweden though)

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 09:49 AM ----------

Hehe, I haven't actually heard of either Juneil or AoA at all! I just got intriuged by the whole solo artists joins girl group-thing ^.^

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 02:32 AM ----------

Not sure why I'm not listening more to AKB48, I love everything I've heard from them so far.
    AoA is imo the best new group to debut so far this year, especially the Get out song Meari just linked!

AKB48 are good but they can get a bit boring sometimes xD

There are I believe 7 of these complex vowels, and they're a nightmare to remember compared to the rest of the Hangul characters
    There are 14 consonants and 10 vowels, but we also have double consonants and vowels that will confuse the hell out of people. =P
    한글레슨 컴프**!

I spent some time learning hangul characters and all the type of complicated stuff about it, like 맛 which reads M-A-S. but willl be pronounced Mat, because the letter ㅅ= S but also T / strong d in the end of a character.

It doesn't really take so long time to learn, less than a week if you're going full at it. The only more complicated matters are when you are joining vowels as in 워 위 * 와 For example.. which litterally is oooe/uoe, ooi/uee, and so on, but when you are doing this the ㅜ ㅗ becomes the W sound. It isn't really that complicated then, just that if I remember correctly ㅗ means a short sound and ㅜ means a longer sound. And some letters get different like in 웨 which is we or wae, but now means wii.

Actually when I think about it, AoA must be the best girl group to debut this year. They don't really have that much competition and their title songs are actually quite good. Best solo debut would be Ailee, no doubt. But since Mama this year only counts "best new female artist" and AoA is competing against Ailee, Ailee will win...
    Last edited by Grimsolution; 2012-11-24 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    AoA is imo the best new group to debut so far this year, especially the Get out song Meari just linked!

AKB48 are good but they can get a bit boring sometimes xD
    Interesting I did enjoy the songs Meari linked a lot, I'll check out the rest of their songs first thing in the morning

Tbh, so far I've only heard 4 or so songs, but I completely love them. Especially 君のことが好きだから.

Saturday is definitely finding more k/jpop-day!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quackerjacks View Post
    There are 14 consonants and 10 vowels, but we also have double consonants and vowels that will confuse the hell out of people. =P
    한글레슨 컴프**!
    Yea, like Grim I also spent some time learning Hangul, I know all the consonants, vowels and double consonants now (Don't remember all the rules exactly though, like then ㅅ becomes T, though I remember most)

I wasn't counting ᅦᅢᅤᅦ as the complex/double vowels even though they technically are so there are 11 of those kind of vowels, but those 4 are easy to remember where as the other 7 are hard! They're the only letters I still have to check my book to remember how to pronounce xD
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimsolution View Post
    Actually when I think about it, AoA must be the best girl group to debut this year. They don't really have that much competition and their title songs are actually quite good. Best solo debut would be Ailee, no doubt. But since Mama this year only counts "best new female artist" and AoA is competing against Ailee, Ailee will win...
    Migari would probably argue Crayon pop is better than AoA, Crayon pop are good but I much prefer AoA. Ailee is better than them though I agree.
    Wish both AoA and Ailee would release more songs!

Interesting I did enjoy the songs Meari linked a lot, I'll check out the rest of their songs first thing in the morning

Tbh, so far I've only heard 4 or so songs, but I completely love them. Especially 君のことが好きだから.

Saturday is definitely finding more k/jpop-day!
    Never heard that one!
    My favourite AKB48 song is beginner, the MV for it is unwatchable though because it keeps stopping for random behind the scenes footage so here is a live version:

So what are we going to do today?
    What we do everyday pinky, FIND MORE KPOP AND JPOP!

Deleted

Well its not realy a Music Videoand dont know how old it is but i still think Storys like this from Sooyoung should be shared i mean can you imagine Western Popstars to go Visit a Sick Guy whenever you have Time ? i cant and i realy like how they actually care for their fans

10+ Year Old Account
    Love strongheart! I actually posted that same video on page 42
    There's a really really good/kinda scary story from Jessica on one episode but I can't for the life of me find it on youtube

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 03:52 PM ----------

In looking I discovered her story is on Episode 100, I think. Still can't find it on youtube at all D:
    But if anyone can find episode 100 of strong heart and that's the correct one, find Jessica's bit!

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 03:58 PM ----------

Oh yay. Never seen this before but Son Dambi ft After School

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard that one!
    My favourite AKB48 song is beginner, the MV for it is unwatchable though because it keeps stopping for random behind the scenes footage so here is a live version:
    [video=youtube;MphuZ4EFZjU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MphuZ4EFZjU[video]
    Beginner is a good one I wanted it in my playlist but I didn't actually think of just adding a live version (or an audio version), since the MV's random inserts of behind the scenes footage kinda ruins the flow of the song.
    So what are we going to do today?
    What we do everyday pinky, FIND MORE KPOP AND JPOP!
    That's the spirit! I'm very lazy when it comes to finding new music myself. While I do welcome new songs and artists to my playlists I mostly just want to listen to the songs I've already found and like, which explains my lack of knowledge of kpop groups/artists that the majority of you guys seem to have!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the same way sometimes!
    I try and look for new songs by X singer but always end up listening to every song I already have by them first, then when I'm done sometimes forget to look for more xD
    And I'm always a bit wary of listening to a new singer (sometimes new group but it's more common with solo singers) if I don't first see them connected to someone I like xD
    Especially if the first song I hear by them is good, but not amazing then I usually forget about them.

Random tributes to my two favourite members!

You guys make Hangul look really hard with the rules etc. but to be honest, I learned it in a day or so, and I'm practicing ever since. The rules got somehow induced into my mind as I progressed Putting aside my fondness of Korean culture and language, I must say that Hangul is really simple and well designed .

Quote Originally Posted by Quackerjacks View Post
    한글레슨 컴프**!
    I would rather write that as 컴***. If I'm not mistaken, it should be correct. The problem was that this would read the ㄹ as a R rather than a L because ㄹ is read as R in between vowels, here the ㅡ and ㅣ. This is why you very often see ㄹ at the end of the block then another one at the beginning of the next one to make a L sound in the middle of a world.

For example: 몰*요 - the double ㄹ makes it read mollayo. Otherwise it would have been morayo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by raddry View Post
    You guys make Hangul look really hard with the rules etc. but to be honest, I learned it in a day or so.
    It took me about a day or so to learn and memorize the sounds of every letter apart from those 7 complex vowels. I know some but don't recall all of them and their sounds. It probably took about the same to learn most of the rules, but not all. On the whole it's a very easy language to learn though! Much easier than learning the Japanese letters!

It took me about a day or so to learn and memorize the sounds of every letter apart from those 7 complex vowels. I know some but don't recall all of them and their sounds. It probably took about the same to learn most of the rules, but not all. On the whole it's a very easy language to learn though! Much easier than learning the Japanese letters!
    I would say Hangul is the easiest written language to learn. Also it all is written as spoken, not in english like Night wich spells nai"th".

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are making me so curious about trying to learn a thing or two in korean! I promised myself I'd learn japanese at some point in my life, but maybe I should try to learn an easier language first.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just started to learn japanese, and honestly it's really easy (at least for a french canadian like me). If Korean is even easier i might learn it at some point.

French and Japanese sound so much like each others, on the pronounciation level of letters that is...

Oh and btw, about Crayon pop... <3 Really good song... but these hats LOL do they ever take them off? Oh and what is the word used for those hats? in french they are called "tuque" but i really have no idea what is the english translation for them... and google is not really helping.
    Last edited by Kagdar; 2012-11-25 at 04:42 AM.