Page 44 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Well dubstep is one of the worst genre out there and why would you want to listen to music when you don't even understand the lyrics?
    Like I've said before, so many times, I don't need to understand something to like it or enjoy it.

Everyone has different tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    "dubstep is one of the worst genre out there" Because it's not like taste in music is completely subjective? p:

Who needs to understand lyrics to enjoy the music? How can people who're into death metal enjoy the music when it's quite hard to understand lyrics through growling and pig squeels (yeah it's actually called that)? How can people who like intrumental music enjoy it when there aren't any lyrics at all?! Because it's the sound itself that makes it good. The way the music makes you feel is what makes it good.
    Last edited by BHD; 2012-12-22 at 04:02 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Well dubstep is one of the worst genre out there and why would you want to listen to music when you don't even understand the lyrics?
    Sometime, even when listening to english i turn off my understanding skill and i just listen to how words sound. It's way easier to do so with korean/japanese/any other language our there. The language become a new musical instrument. It's part of why i like k/j-pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    I like to post there, for the game of course, but it's more than that, it's the little community and friends we got there.
    <3

Quote Originally Posted by Maj
    Yes, the talk in there has been usually about Kpop only, which is kinda weird, we didn't had that in the previous thread, well, atleast not like that!

And the thread really never dies, well, not as much as it used to, I think Kpop is to be "blamed" for that. xD

But we have more than just Kpop there. I always try not to discuss it since some people don't exactly really like it, so I always just post numbers some times or if I got something to say, to change the subject, I always try and do that, for the sake of those that aren't interested in Kpop of course, hehe.
    I guess I'm to blame for that for always linking a lot of things.

Even though I hardly post here, my story how I got into kpop:

It's a very short story actually. Anak had a link in his sig where he asked people to use SNSD avatars. The next day Maj also had this link in his sig. Helpful as I am, I checked what it was about and watched the video's. It was supposed to stay at using the avatar, but a few hours later I was hooked A week later I already had bought 4 albums (mah moneyz )
    I hardly listen to metal/hardcore anymore now, it's all kpop, except when I'm not at a computer. Actually, it's mostly SNSD, though the last few days I've started listening to more than just them.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxoCcHD2b4o

-edit- Actually, my first encounter with Kpop was roughly 2 years ago. A friend let me listen to Gee, I didn't think much of it back then since I really wasn't interested in anything else than Death Metal/Darkcore.

---------- Post added 2012-12-22 at 06:48 PM ----------

Ponponpon is Jpop? o.O
    That song has been in my Youtube favorite list for months now, I though it was a random song from a random artist.
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2012-12-22 at 05:47 PM.

Deleted
    Haha, yeah, that's what got you into Kpop, Asme, that link.

And our quest to have all the 9 members. btw, do we still have the 9 members or not? I think we don't since Baiyn changed but I really don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    The kpop trend on mmo-c really seems to be new! I mostly hang around the anime thread before so I never paid much attention to people's avatars/signatures. I do hope the explosion of signatures and links will help kpop artists getting more fans <3

Aye, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has made her fair share of music!

@Maj, I thought there were 1-2 members missing and then I began to notice that people who had SNSD avatars changed them, and your/anak's links disappeared from your signatures.. so I just thought people gave up on the whole idea
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    Haha, yeah, that's what got you into Kpop, Asme, that link.

And our quest to have all the 9 members. btw, do we still have the 9 members or not? I think we don't since Baiyn changed but I really don't know.
    I have this feeling we are missing Sunny, haven't seen her in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    The kpop trend on mmo-c really seems to be new! I mostly hang around the anime thread before so I never paid much attention to people's avatars/signatures. I do hope the explosion of signatures and links will help kpop artists getting more fans <3

Aye, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu has made her fair share of music!

@Maj, I thought there were 1-2 members missing and then I began to notice that people who had SNSD avatars changed them, and your/anak's links disappeared from your signatures.. so I just thought people gave up on the whole idea
    At one moment we had them all. Just for a few hours, but still You should visit PvM some time, it's a very nice place to hang out, especially when you get to learn the people there

Deleted
    As for Kyary, I'm not really a fan but her songs aren't bad, the only problem I have with the ones I've listened, is that it's "childish", it transmits that, not only in the MVs but also in her voice.

The only music that I really love from her is the Fashion Monster and Miracle Orange. I really haven't heard that many so I wouldn't know tbh.

Well, I took the link out because we had the 9 members already and tbh, I don't feel like "providing" avatars, that's boring and I'm lazy. :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    We have her, it's some user that has around 350 posts. Not really sure if he/she still has it or not.

One thing I like about Korea, apart from their music of course, the variety shows. Even the simple talk shows like Big Brothers are a lot more fun to watch to than the stuff we get over here. Over here everything is so serious.
    Concepts like SGB and Running Man don't even exist here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indeed, korean variety shows are golden. We have close to nothing like this in Sweden. But our music suck, and the artists are incredibly dull so it's no big deal.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Indeed, korean variety shows are golden. We have close to nothing like this in Sweden. But our music suck, and the artists are incredibly dull so it's no big deal.
    Another Swede Pretty sure the active members on this forum are 50% Swede.

Netherlands has the same problem. There's only one Dutch singing artist that I consider to be good, Guus Meeuwis. 99% of the worldwide famous Dutch artists are trance/dance/hardcore DJ's But they're hardly interesting to talk about.

Even their version of 1v100 is more interesting than ours, even though the original idea is from here.

10+ Year Old Account
    She looks adorable at 0:43!
    That's from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bSl82-_5g0 Over quite a long period of time I think I've watched that video at least 50 times
    Ponponpon is Jpop? o.O
    That song has been in my Youtube favorite list for months now, I though it was a random song from a random artist.
    She's kind of J-pops Psy, but 10x worse. I don't like her music at all :<
    Rivellina is currently Sunny unless she's changed her ava back to Hyuna, she was talking about doing that but last time I saw her, she hadn't.

And yay for Variety show talk! More people need to watch more
    Mig only watched a couple and iirc none of them had SNSD in it. Think he watched some with Onew.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Swede Pretty sure the active members on this forum are 50% Swede.
    I haven't seen that many tbh, I encounter swedes every now and then, but it's mostly the same people.

Netherlands has the same problem. There's only one Dutch singing artist that I consider to be good, Guus Meeuwis. 99% of the worldwide famous Dutch artists are trance/dance/hardcore DJ's But they're hardly interesting to talk about.
    I think the problem with artists, at least in Sweden, is that as soon as they're not on stage they run and hide. Swedish people in general tend to not get in each others faces, but you'd think artists would do something. Unless an artist is releasing a new album I really don't hear shit about them. Although, Sweden don't really have any big events like USA/UK/South Korea/Australia/Japan etc. so I guess it's easier to notice more things about artists in these kinds of countries even when they aren't on stage. And the competition is higher too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    That's from this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bSl82-_5g0 Over quite a long period of time I think I've watched that video at least 50 times
    Oh my god she's so adorable in that video. She even got Seohyun to join her!

She's kind of J-pops Psy, but 10x worse. I don't like her music at all :<
    I didn't like her kind of style at first, but after seeing PONPONPON a few times and moving on to Fashion Monster and Tsukematsukeru, I began to really enjoy her music! And she looks like she's serious about her style, while Psy doesn't take himself very serious at all, so I wouldn't really compare the two ^^ They do seem to have the same kind of effect on most western people though. (basing that on friends' reactions and video comments)

And yay for Variety show talk! More people need to watch more
    Mig only watched a couple and iirc none of them had SNSD in it. Think he watched some with Onew.
    Pretty please name a few good variety shows! I know of Running Man and Strong Hearts, but I haven't watched more than maybe 5 episodes at most. I might've heard of some others too but those two are the only ones in my mind atm. I remember someone linking me a show to watch earlier, I'll definitely go back a couple of pages and watch that.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Deleted
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GD2Ffznnw

can someone tell me song @8.25 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59GD2Ffznnw

can someone tell me song @8.25 ?
    No idea, sorry.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

I think the problem with artists, at least in Sweden, is that as soon as they're not on stage they run and hide. Swedish people in general tend to not get in each others faces, but you'd think artists would do something. Unless an artist is releasing a new album I really don't hear shit about them. Although, Sweden don't really have any big events like USA/UK/South Korea/Australia/Japan etc. so I guess it's easier to notice more things about artists in these kinds of countries even when they aren't on stage. And the competition is higher too.
    Here it's kinda the "smile and wave" thing. Anything they say and do always gets blown out of proportion, so they kinda stick to that...

Pretty please name a few good variety shows! I know of Running Man and Strong Hearts, but I haven't watched more than maybe 5 episodes at most. I might've heard of some others too but those two are the only ones in my mind atm. I remember someone linking me a show to watch earlier, I'll definitely go back a couple of pages and watch that.
    Star Golden Bell is nice, Kim Jae Dong is an awesome person.

10+ Year Old Account
    The show Asme said is awesome, and here's some others.

Invincible Youth, We got married, Horror movie factory, Family outing, Star King, Hello Baby, Win Win (Taeyeon hosted a few episodes but not many, the time she interviewed Wonder Girls was fun though!), Factory Girl, Girls go to school, SNSD Cheer up!, Champagne, Wonderful Outing 2 with SNSD.

Trying to stick to shows with multiple episodes with SNSD rather than one offs There's a lot of one or two offs.

Out of those I'd heavily recommend either Invincible Youth or Family Outing, those two along with Strong Heart and Running Man are my favourite variety series

10+ Year Old Account
    Star Golden Bell is nice, Kim Jae Dong is an awesome person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The show Asme said is awesome, and here's some others.

Invincible Youth, We got married, Horror movie factory, Family outing, Star King, Hello Baby, Win Win (Taeyeon hosted a few episodes but not many, the time she interviewed Wonder Girls was fun though!), Factory Girl, Girls go to school, SNSD Cheer up!, Champagne, Wonderful Outing 2 with SNSD.

Trying to stick to shows with multiple episodes with SNSD rather than one offs There's a lot of one or two offs.

Out of those I'd heavily recommend either Invincible Youth or Family Outing, those two along with Strong Heart and Running Man are my favourite variety series
    Thanks Now I have infinite stuff to watch :3 I tried going back "a couple of pages" to see what someone linked, but after going back 15 pages I couldn't find anything. But I'm sure someone linked me a variety show to watch. >_< Damn thread is full of videos and links, so you can't just breeze through either
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    We've linked Star Golden Bell before.
    And Strong Heart. Not sure what else.

Oh in addition to IY or FO, also Seohyuns We Got Married is really good and each episode is quite short. Taeyeon did one too but hers wasn't as good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aye, I've watched a couple of episodes from Seohyun's We Got Married. It's nice to see her in the spotlight, as she's usually the more quiet one. Didn't know Taeyeon was in that show too, definitely gotta watch that!

Now I've actually made a document listing all the variety shows, so I shall never again be bored. \o/
    Cave Cave Deus Videt