Page 70 of 103 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only Mandarin singers I've liked have been Vaness woo and GEM. They just have a way about them and their voices I like The rest I don't like though. There is just something about the way mandarin sounds that I dislike :<

And yes, that's what it was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    The only Mandarin singers I've liked have been Vaness woo and GEM. They just have a way about them and their voices I like The rest I don't like though. There is just something about the way mandarin sounds that I dislike :<

And yes, that's what it was
    Can't say I've really listened to anything mandarin apart from SJ-M and Hangeng's solo stuff. Not too fond of Hangeng's music but that's more about the actual music and not the language ^^

Aww yeah!
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-01-06 at 01:30 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    I've linked GEM here before I'm sure of it. Maybe you didn't see. Anywhere here are two great mando songs.

Those are my two favourite songs by them, Van Ness Wus has Junho from 2pm in it

Also OMG...GEM does vlogs on youtube!

Here is her singing one of her other songs on one of her vlogs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to mention Alan, but I think I've only heard her japanese music anyway so maybe it doesn't really count Didn't really like GEM, but there's nothing wrong with her voice, I'll check out some other songs and see if I like them better Van Ness Wu was good!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Van Ness Wu is good, and he has some surprising collaborations.

10+ Year Old Account
    The song with Ryan Tedder was the first Van Ness Wu song I heard, it's great

---------- Post added 2013-01-06 at 09:51 PM ----------

Yea that Jolin song is kind of an example of why I'm not normally into mandarin songs :<

Every third syllable is Ch or Sh. I liked it the first time I heard a mando song (this was the first one I heard) but then when I heard more and realized it was all like that...couldn't really like it. I'm not sure how or why but Van Ness Wu and GEM have a way of either not doing that or making their songs so awesome it's not noticeable.

I'd assumed Gary was a comedian like Jae Suk

The rest I knew though, but Gary I've never seen perform or anything until the links in this thread.
    Well, if you watched the show you may have noticed them playing off Leessang songs like "you're the answer to a guy like me", usually just the chorus. And sometimes they go with the start of http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFxOPuuYdEY. They also joke about him sometimes beeing a rapper, and he says so himself also in a few episodes. Though, sometimes it can be hard to catch that up, because he's not solo.

On the mandarin part, never really cared for it, think the language sounds odd sometimes... I feel language is quite important, espicially when it comes to ballads. So there's tons of japanese ballads by kpop groups I like, and not so often japanese artists themselves, because well, they sing in a different way.
    Here's a good one of Shinee:

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm the same Grim, love Japanese music by Korean artists and also some Japanese artists, though not that many.

I haven't watched much running man to be honest. I've only seen 3.5episodes I think. It's always been on my to do list to watch more.

The episodes I've seen are two with 6 members of SNSD in it, half of one with Jessica in it and 1 with Big Bang in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea Van Ness Wu is good, and he has some surprising collaborations.
    The first one was quite good, but second one.. not so much ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    I really love Jolin Tsai:

[video=youtube;3N7JIgDdIIE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N7JIgDdIIE[video]
    That's a really good song! Probably not one of the major thing to wonder about concerning the video, but did she inject Pepsi into someone? o.o
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    Only C-Pop I've ever listened to, funnily enough listened to it while on the plane trip to Japan l0l. The entire album, Believe in Jane, was a real treat. Once I get some time going to def look her up some more.

I like that song. I remember when G.E.M was posted a couple weeks ago i think it was and i found this song in the suggestions on youtube.

10+ Year Old Account
    A little late, but i just found that funny video for christmas:

10+ Year Old Account
    Speaking of M-pop it's here

It's quite good, but I can already tell when/if they release a Kor version I'll prefer that version.

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 08:02 PM ----------

And some other new tracks

WHAT

Why do K-pop artists do that, I swear half the good songs in K-pop have at least one other with the same name xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh damn, it's today! Can't wait until I get home so I can listen to it :3

Got to my internship at 8:15 and I've been on MMO-C the ENTIRE time D: (13:12 here now) No assignments so I can't do anything at all.. just let me go home and listen to new and hopefully glorious j/m/kpop!

And yay, my order from kpoptown got shipped last night \o/ Does anyone know of a website where you can buy kpop merchandise? Never really been into anything but metal before but shouldn't there be any fun tees or posters available for pop-groups somewhere, without buying an album? Or are merchandise rights reserved for underground music? ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Speaking of M-pop it's here

[video=]SuJu-M[/video]
    It's quite good, but I can already tell when/if they release a Kor version I'll prefer that version.
    Bit different from what I expected, but still good.

Youai
    Why do K-pop artists do that, I swear half the good songs in K-pop have at least one other with the same name xD
    Maybe life on success, maybe because it fits the song, probably both ^^
    I like it, though as someone in the comments also said, she doesn't really have a strong voice for being solo.

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    And yay, my order from kpoptown got shipped last night \o/ Does anyone know of a website where you can buy kpop merchandise? Never really been into anything but metal before but shouldn't there be any fun tees or posters available for pop-groups somewhere, without buying an album? Or are merchandise rights reserved for underground music? ^^
    \o/

Kpoptown has a lot of small things. Are you looking for that kind of stuff?

---------- Post added 2013-01-07 at 03:28 PM ----------

Doesn't Kpoptown have merchandise? You could also check out http://fyzzed.com/ for shirts and http://english.gmarket.co.kr/ for pretty much anything.
    oohh.. gmarket. of course.

Comment about the other I Got A Boy song
    Quote Originally Posted by comment
    Everyone got a boy now?
    Quote Originally Posted by reply
    Last edited by Asmekiel; 2013-01-07 at 02:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    \o/

Kpoptown has a lot of small things. Are you looking for that kind of stuff?
    Doesn't Kpoptown have merchandise? You could also check out http://fyzzed.com/ for shirts and http://english.gmarket.co.kr/ for pretty much anything.
    I actually didn't check kpoptown for that, pretteh stupid. I'm more of a "ask first, search later"-kind of person, because I don't think things through first. ^^ Thanks for the links

Comment about the other I Got A Boy song
    Ahahaha!
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

Quote Originally Posted by Badhairday View Post
    I actually didn't check kpoptown for that, pretteh stupid. I'm more of a "ask first, search later"-kind of person, because I don't think things through first. ^^ Thanks for the links
    I don't mostly either, but that's because I somehow always assume that the first link people give me is the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're welcome!

I've been listening to a lot of DBSK lately, and this song is so amazing:

[video=youtube;sP4A468sNTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP4A468sNTU[video]
    Oh also, I listened to the full "Hero" album from Outsider and really loved it. If you haven't already listened to the full one you definitely should!
    What exactly is difference between DBSK and TVXQ? Did they rename themselves as TVXQ when 3 members decided to leave?

While I've linked Outsider a few times I haven't actually sat down and listened through a whole album myself, just a few from different albums. Guess I should! The title song is amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    I don't mostly either, but that's because I somehow always assume that the first link people give me is the best.
    I guess I think like that because whenever I provide someone with multiple sources I always start off with the best one I know of ^^
    Cave Cave Deus Videt

10+ Year Old Account
    There isn't a different from what I know. DBSK stands for Dong Bang Shin Ki (Korean) while TVXQ stands for Tong Vfang Xien Qi (Chinese). I'm not really sure which is the correct one to use because I see them both all the time :|
    TVXQ is the chinese name? But SM refer to them as TVXQ all the time :s And damn, the translation of their name is pretty cocky ^^

Here are two songs to get you started:

[video=youtube;a8Y1TWb_YE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8Y1TWb_YE4[video]

[video=youtube;hUheA5bBeYI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUheA5bBeYI[video]

and yes, the title track is amazing!
    Now I have to keep listening, awesome songs!

Edit: Listening through lots of Super Junior (Downloading outsider-stuff!) aand.. it's hard to believe they started off like this:
    Last edited by BHD; 2013-01-07 at 08:05 PM.
    Cave Cave Deus Videt