Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maes View Post
    If i were a spriest I would just spam holy nova on them! it would heal the little turkish tank, the turkish fury warrior, and the drunk ret pally while being pro holy deepz!!!!
    ZOMG so pro
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Deleted
    Keep VT and SW: P up on all targets. Also keep Evangelism and Empowered Darkness up.. That gets the job done.

on that fight i always multidot adds and the boss. i also cast DP on the boss too. SW: D on cd, use mind flay to refresh SW: P and evangelism. and MB on CD to keep ES and replenishment up. and the usual SW: D spam when they're below 25%. that always works for me.

Due to the buff Mind Sear got you don't have to have VT up on all targets or even as close to all.
    Since you'll never ever be aoe'ing them alone all you need to have is SWP's to ensure Orbs keep spawning, Mind Blast to refresh ES and Mind Sear in between. You can fill in with some Mind Flays for Dark Evangelism but if you time it well you can have it up just as you being your 'burn phase'
    Mind Sear is an expensive skill and applying VT and SWP to all targets will drain your mana even faster and while you have ways to refund that mana they're not always ideal so not having to means you can nuke more.
    I have Maloriak on focus and all my dots are macro'ed for easy alt-casting on my focus so my dots never run out.
    This is a strategy that has paid off for me since the buff on MS on any encounter with 4-5 adds up.

Some useful tips here, thanks.

How do I set up alt casting on focus?

well this is the macro setup I use for my dots

#showtooltip
    /cast [mod:<modifier>,@focus,exists,nodead] <skillname>; <skillname>

You need tp enter the skillname twice with a semicolon in between to differentiate the normal and focus target sections
    Last edited by Karei; 2011-05-07 at 09:50 AM.

Why are you guys all saying you focus dots on Maloriak during the dark? I understand it will increase your dps, but at least my my group we have to call a stop dps right after the second dark phase anyways.
    Last edited by hikamiro; 2011-05-07 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    I haven't gotten the chance to use Mind Sear on Maloriak yet after the buff but I don't see it being superior to multi-dotting combined with good SW: Ds and Flays. I guess a combination of keeping VT and SW:P up and then Mind Searing can be really good. For me I basically just SW: D the mobs that are below 25% for that double SW: D. My mana goes something like this: full mana when entering black phase->almost out of mana when black phase ends->regain all mana again because Archangel and Shadowfiend come off cooldown during blue/red phase. I can possibly disperse some more mana back if I get Flash Freezed.

@Karei
    What numbers are you pulling with that strategy? Top 200 WoL or worse?

Cant say out of the top of my head but it's somewhere around 35k or such.
    The thing is, with the dark phase ideally you want three aberrations up to lower the strain on your tank. Tanking 9 of them on HC is rather painful and cannot always be pulled off successfully. Keep in mind that the red phase is intense enough on your healers as it is so all the less damage your OT takes the better.
    Dotting up 8 adds by following this method is first of all, impossible to keep up and MF in between becomes even harder so I dot up 4-5 adds with just SWP and then start searing while keeping my ES up. an occasional MF in between just to keep Dark Evangelism up and that's all.
    Mana is not as much an issue this way and the main priority here is to get the adds down and if you have to start SWD'ing for the manareturn you effectively lose dps on the adds. By the time your last SWP runs out the adds are dead. Or at least they should be :P

Pre MS buff this was impossible to do due to the abysmally low damage MS did so you were forced to multidot and go oom halfway

Obviously this is all personal so whatever works for me might not work for anyone else but this for me is the most comfortable way to do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    During Dark phase:

- Don't let ES expire.
    - Don't drop your Evangelism stacks.
    - Keep VT up on as many targets as possible.
    - Keep DP up on one target.
    - Keep sw: P up on 2-4 targets for orbs (depending on how much movement you're forced into).
    - Mind sear as filler.
    - Sw: p on movement, sw:d if mana is an issue. Try to use your sw:d cooldown to snipe double execute sw:ds when you are later into the fight.
    - Don't use shadowfiend as a dps cooldown, try to synergize it with your int procs but without capping your mana.
    - Archangel if mana is a heavy issue, dispersion while repositioning if your mana bar forces you into it.
    - Hymn of hope: Sorry but you lost the game, better luck next time.
    THIS. I also use this macro for mind searing

#showtooltip Mind Sear
    /target YOURTANKSNAME
    /cast [nochanneling:Mind Sear] Mind Sear
    /targetlasttarget

I can spam this while i tab for refreshing dots

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Cant say out of the top of my head but it's somewhere around 35k or such.
    The thing is, with the dark phase ideally you want three aberrations up to lower the strain on your tank. Tanking 9 of them on HC is rather painful and cannot always be pulled off successfully. Keep in mind that the red phase is intense enough on your healers as it is so all the less damage your OT takes the better.
    Dotting up 8 adds by following this method is first of all, impossible to keep up and MF in between becomes even harder so I dot up 4-5 adds with just SWP and then start searing while keeping my ES up. an occasional MF in between just to keep Dark Evangelism up and that's all.
    Mana is not as much an issue this way and the main priority here is to get the adds down and if you have to start SWD'ing for the manareturn you effectively lose dps on the adds. By the time your last SWP runs out the adds are dead. Or at least they should be :P

Pre MS buff this was impossible to do due to the abysmally low damage MS did so you were forced to multidot and go oom halfway

Obviously this is all personal so whatever works for me might not work for anyone else but this for me is the most comfortable way to do it.
    Do you have a log to back up your statement? Because 35k would put you up on top 10 shadowpriests on WoL. Looking at the top shadow priest kills, VT seems the way to go. I got pretty high ranked last time I did this (by prioritizing VT), with around 31k effective dps. I'd even assume if it wasn't because I had to stop dps to not push him into P2, I would have gone even higher.