Thread: [TV] Fringe

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[TV] Fringe

Anyone Up For a Root Beer Float?

Fringe Division
    A Multi-Agency task force under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security, tasked with the investigation of science related crimes that are believed to be a part of what is known as "The Pattern."

The Pattern
    The name given to a series of incidents relating to cutting edge science. As Agent Broyles describes it, "It is as if someone out there is experimenting, only the whole world is a lab." Agent Olivia Dunham has recently discovered a radial and concentric pattern within the Pattern.

Agent Olivia Dunham
    Special Agent to the FBI, Olivia leads the Science Team whose purpose is to investigate and, if possible, reverse engineer the science used under Pattern related incidents. As a child, she was part of a series of drug trials conducted by Massive Dynamic founder William Bell and Doctor Walter Bishop.

Peter Bishop
    A highschool dropout and former conman, Peter Bishop was brought in to Fringe Division as a consultant when they needed Doctor Walter Bishop released from St. Claire's. Despite being a dropout, he knows a great deal about "Fringe Science," explaining it as "reading." Whatever it was, it was good - he had taught college level chemistry for a while before they found out he faked his degree.

Doctor Walter Bishop
    The Science Team's own mad scientist - literally, as until brought in to be a consultant for Fringe Division, he had been a patient at Saint Claire's Medical Hospital. Walter has forgotten more science than most of the cast knows, and more often then not, Pattern incidents can be connected with research he had done before his tenure at St. Claire's.

The Observers
    A group of people(?) who have lost contact with their humanity, and exist only to observe the Pattern, and possibly Doctor Walter Bishop.

With pathogens that can do anything from cause metamorphosis to mind-control, chemicals that cause the mind to make a nightmare real, thieves that can walk through walls, and computer virus's that can hack people's minds, Fringe is a show where the line between normal and paranormal is blurred.

Who else here watches it?

Re: Fringe

I do! Well, did. Norwegian TV took a break from it in the middle of season 1 and I just haven't gotten to the point where I'd watch the rest of the episodes :-\

I intend to, though!

I do, it's a really awesome show ;D

Leonard Nimoy is in it. What WoW Nerd wouldn't love that. :P

But seriously, great show.

I dig the stand alone episodes, but the story mode they sometimes go with drags out.

Awesome tv-show, one of the best imo. Weird that the guy that made Lost shaped up and made something that's good.
    http://ask-a-ret.blogspot.com/ - Best paladin blog EU no jk.

Quote Originally Posted by myrkyr
    Nerd rage moar!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiss
    He probably tried to kill a resto druid at WSG, got cycloned and started a new thread complaning how ret paladins are bad for pvp.

Seen it a couple of times (i think - it sounded familar but i hadnt seen 'The Observers' in it, might have been too early) and i LOVED it. Awsome show, worth watching.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Only saw a couple of episodes, but I kinda like Walter

Quote Originally Posted by LavaDuck
    Only saw a couple of episodes, but I kinda like Walter
    hah same, i only watch it when im bored, its a really cool TV show but not THAT into is, and yes, Walter is kinda funny / psychotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni
    Leonard Nimoy is in it. What WoW Nerd wouldn't love that. :P

But seriously, great show.

What would a WoW nerd want Nimoy for? I think you want to say Trekkie.

I friggin love this show, theres some serious acting going on, I LOVE the combination of Joshua Jackson (peter bishop) and John Noble (walter bishop), they are fucking awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mindipedia
    Seen it a couple of times (i think - it sounded familar but i hadnt seen 'The Observers' in it, might have been too early) and i LOVED it. Awsome show, worth watching.
    Don't worry about not finding the Observers. It's kinda like a where's Waldo; there's one hidden in every episode (except the ones about them, of which there are 2). They're the Bald guys wearing the Fedoras.

Really great show so far, I've just been watching the first season yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Awesome tv-show, one of the best imo. Weird that the guy that made Lost shaped up and made something that's good.
    I didn't know that, but I have come to think of that the sound effects are very similar to those in Lost, especially the "panic"-sounds we all know and love from Lost. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySeven
    Really great show so far, I've just been watching the first season yet.

I didn't know that, but I have come to think of that the sound effects are very similar to those in Lost, especially the "panic"-sounds we all know and love from Lost. ;D
    Yes, but Fringe actually makes sense.

...ish.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Stuffmeister
    Thing is, J.J. Abrams only worked on the first season of Lost (according to Empire) which was fairly good in my opinion, until it all went downhill post mid season 2...

He said in an interview in Empire that he realises that if you dangle the carrot too long infront of the viewers
    they'll eventually get bored and do something else, which is what he isn't doing with fringe, the story continues
    instead of tipping around the same thing from start to end.

I've only watched the first season so far, waiting until I get my hands on the second season dvd, Loved the first season from start to end got the same quirky wibe from it that I got from X-files, although the two are very different.

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Can't wait till march comes rolling round, and season 2 starts back up again :3

Love the way this show creeps the hell out'a me.
    Current episode ended with someone running away after finding out something he/she didn't want to know.

dont think about it if u dont want things to be spoiled!
    9thorder.com | Recruiting exceptional players!

Fringe

So, i know it is not a big headliner anymore but i am a die hard Fringe fan. The show just brings something to the table that no show could ever bring together. It has an extensive plot and comes up with extremely clever ideas every week that never cease to amaze me. Tonight is the season finale ... sad face

My question to anyone who watches, what do you think is going to happen in tonight's episode!?

I personally think that either Peter/Olivia is going to die.

---------- Post added 2011-05-06 at 03:44 PM ----------

on a side note sorry i forgot to put [TV SHow]

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, we know 2 things because John Noble spilled the beans:

1- Someone major is going to die.
    2- It's going to end on one helluva cliff hanger.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted View Post
    Well, we know 2 things because John Noble spilled the beans:

1- Someone major is going to die.
    2- It's going to end on one helluva cliff hanger.
    No! I hope that major character who is going to die is not major enough to be Peter, Olivia or Walter. The show would become shit without one of them.

Also, damn cliffhangers! I love them when the wait is a week, but i cant stand them in a season finale.. Waiting 4 months to learn what happened, bleh.