High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account

25 Man heroic Maloriak

Just wondering what everyone's approach is to the vile swill adds for the black phase. Certain kiting methods? Certain group comps? Having weak aoe classes single target adds? Any input would be lovely!!

Have them kited around the room in a U shape from once side of the boss to the side of stairs, across room, up other side. Yes AoE weak classes should single target the highest HP swill, although no class except maybe elemental shamans have really weak AoE now. Melee also should be targetting the highest HP one and cleaving others. Demo locks are your friend in this fight, their cooldowns are up for each black phase and they do insane AoE. On 10 i've seen them all die with 35 seconds to spare in the black phase, on 25 i've seen them die with 15-20seconds to spare so the requirement really isn't THAT high.

Personally I hate this boss, because technically as you become better and better geared you have to take the fight slower, i've been on kills where we've had to wait 2 full phases (Red & Blue) and not dps the boss because if we did it'd be a wipe because it'd push to 2nd phase with aberrations up.

3 tanks, 7 heals, We run 2 demo locks , some hunters, some fire mages, Mut rogues and just burn them down AoE style.

A single tank kites them around the outside of the room.

Melee and Demo locks follow him, ranged DPS and healers stay in the middle and out of the kiting path of the tank to reduce black puddle damage.

Have a CD rotation ready for red phase.

Start AoE'ing the adds 5 seconds before green phase actually starts to let people ramp up.

First set of Swills use personal cooldowns, second set pop lust.

Make use of ToT's and Misdirects in order to get swills on the tank asap and get damage on them instantly.

Last edited by Katanasteel; 2011-05-07 at 02:29 AM.

You don't need 3 tanks at all use 2, let the boss cast aberrations before each black phase and kill 3 aberrations with the 5 swills, if he doesn't do one at the start, first green phase do 9 aberrations with mages helping on the adds with ring of frost when there's 9 up. I wouldn't use lust on a black phase either as that'll just make the final phase last longer.. and short personal CD's will be ready for every black phase anyway.

Why mut rogues? Combat is the better AoE spec with blade flurry surely..

Also, don't use slows on swills, just hampers the kiting.
    Last edited by Brael; 2011-05-07 at 02:33 AM.

3 tanks for green phase mainly, dealing with aberrations more so than swills.

Mut's Deadly poison damage is stellar on adds because it doesn't suffer the same diminishing returns as other AoE's since it is a personal dot ticking on every add.

Yes, slowing swills is bad.

I'm telling him to play it safe, since he wont be as geared as your guild =P
    Last edited by Katanasteel; 2011-05-07 at 02:54 AM.

Well to avoid having to use 3 tanks, just reset the boss if you don't get an aberrations cast before the first black phase, killing 3 aberrations each black phase along with the swills will mean your offtank for green phases wont be in danger. And fair enough on the rogue point, however, how does AoE suffer diminishing returns.. blade flurry is just a straight up cleave isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Well to avoid having to use 3 tanks, just reset the boss if you don't get an aberrations cast before the first black phase, killing 3 aberrations each black phase along with the swills will mean your offtank for green phases wont be in danger. And fair enough on the rogue point, however, how does AoE suffer diminishing returns.. blade flurry is just a straight up cleave isn't it?
    Blade Flurry is only good on fights with a damage modifier. When you have 8 adds up, it's going to be more DPS for a Mut rogue (or combat, for that matter) to spam FoK than to pop Blade Flurry and single target mobs. Not to mention it plays havoc with threat. You'd have to hold off at the start, further diminishing your effectiveness. Overall, your rogue should be Mut for every fight but Halfus and Valiona.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    Blade Flurry is only good on fights with a damage modifier. When you have 8 adds up, it's going to be more DPS for a Mut rogue (or combat, for that matter) to spam FoK than to pop Blade Flurry and single target mobs. Not to mention it plays havoc with threat. You'd have to hold off at the start, further diminishing your effectiveness. Overall, your rogue should be Mut for every fight but Halfus and Valiona.
    Fair enough, thanks for clearing that up

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes AoE weak classes should single target the highest HP swill, although no class except maybe elemental shamans
    Enhancement*

I do fine as elemental on this fight - I don't think I've ever parsed under 25k DPS on this fight.
    Xrtn | Vengeful Gladiator | 90 Human Hunter
    Ascendancex | Hero of the Horde | 90 Draenei Shaman

Check out my stream >> HERE << 2300+ RBGs / Arena / Wargames!

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrix View Post
    Enhancement*

I do fine as elemental on this fight - I don't think I've ever parsed under 25k DPS on this fight.
    Enhancements AoE with the flame shock spreading is sort of alright now, elemental having to put earthquake down in one place then the adds being kited out of if must be a pain though?

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Currently the guild sits at 3/12 25 M heroic with halfus, magmaw, and chim down. I've noticed in many videos that the swills are dying withing 45 seconds of them being up, our guild is trying to figure how to down them the fastest, we are just barely killing them before the next phase. We have the abberations figured out just perfectly, it's just becoming a matter of fine tuning the vile swills I guess, we run 2 mut rogues 1 combat, 3 hunters, 2 fire mages, a demo lock, and I forget what else. It just seems that the 25 million health pool between the 5 that spawn is kind of insane to aoe down. Attempts on it will work it out I guess, thanks for all the useful tips though, finally a thread where no off topic bs goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Brael View Post
    Enhancements AoE with the flame shock spreading is sort of alright now, elemental having to put earthquake down in one place then the adds being kited out of if must be a pain though?
    Glyphed Chain Lightning spam. Works like a charm.

Ok wait, do me a favor and go to the next room and kill atremedes really fast and go to 4/13. Post 4.1 hes a joke just the normal fight if your ppl can dodge rings.

Deleted
    Pretty much as Katana mentions, 3 tanks, 7 heals and some dps. Locks / boomkins & melee on adds. Make sure ppl dont run ahead of the kiting tank and jobs a good un.