Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Whether he needs addons, change his setting or L2PLAY LOLZ, the fact of that matter is, Conflag should not be ungrayed if your Immolate is not on the target. It's quite clearly a bug, and Blizzard obviously need to sort it out.

I don't have that problem because I use addons, but I can see the cause for concern.

Doesn't the built-in Blizzard UI also have the option to display only your debuffs on the target now? If you don't even want to follow the "addons that play the game for me" scenerio, Blizzard has provided something to make it easier to track your own amidst the chaos.

Deleted
    Why would you not paying attention be a bug?

Like I said in the origanal post , I KNOW I COULD USE A ADD ON , so thank you very much

The question was , Is this a bug ?

Blizz like to fix some stuff that does not appear to be a bug , but its a bug ,
    Like when you mount a horse since 4.1 or a vanity pet could disapear out of nowhere , now they dont disapear

I use to play with dot timer back in Icc 25 men , since Cataclysm , I dont raid 5 times a week and when I raid , im usually the only lock in my 10 men.So I remove asome of my add on

And I just could not imagine they didnt fix that

So thank you all for the input and yes , maybe some other players could use all your help in this topic about rotation and wich addon they could use
    Last edited by Phuongvi; 2011-05-07 at 11:22 PM.

Although it seemed very much so, getting addons wasn't people's primary concern about you, that was just a way of fixing your problem. From your description of the problem it seems that you're not trying to keep 100% uptime of your dots. If you're not actively keeping track of the remaining time of immolate and rather recast it if you suddenly notice it's not in the debuff list or your conflagrate is greyed out, then there's a time equal to reaction time + cast time that you don't have immolate on the target.

By monitoring your debuffs better, you'll have control over the time remaining and can plan your action ahead which will give you much better uptime and overall dps. The most common and easiest way of doing this is to use addons that present this information to you and that is why so many just told you to use addons, although it is possible to do this with Blizzard's default UI as well.

As a conclusion, yes conflagrate not being grayed out when other warlocks' immolate is on the target is a bug. But also start monitoring your own debuffs better.

Basically you either have a choice of tracking your debuffs, or living with this bug until Blizzards finds the time to fix it. There are plenty more serious bugs that have a priority in fixing, so it may not happen any time soon. Some bugs that are in the game since Vanilla times haven't been fixed yet.

Not wanting to use addons to "play the game for you" (which in fact is completely false, that is called botting and is a permanently ban-able offence) is still somewhat understandable, that's your choice. But not using the default tools the game offers you to eliminate the effects of this bug, is not.

The fact that you're only raiding casually doesn't mean you should be holding your group back by not giving a damn about improving yourself. Yes, Conflagrate display is bugged, and no, most Warlocks don't have an issue with it, because they don't let their Immolate fall off - and if they do, due to whatever reason, they know to recast it first. If you don't want to manage your debuffs, you're playing a wrong class. If you don't want to work on being a better player, maybe the rest of your group should know.

Basically, you want someone to say this is Blizzard's fault, and you can't do anything about it. You have been answered multiple times already that this is in fact a bug, that you can sail around pretty smoothly. There's nothing more we can do for you, if you don't want to take our advice.
    ~ I'm having trouble hearing you. Getting a lot of bullshit on this line. ~

Tbh with you, I hope they never fix it. I love when another warlock's immo is up on the target. You don't get that wasted half second that the server seems to need to go, "Oh, dude has a Immo up, I better let him conflag." More up time, more dps. Good bug, leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Like I said in the origanal post , I KNOW I COULD USE A ADD ON , so thank you very much
    The question was , Is this a bug ?
    been like this for ages, it's the same with shadowflame, they removed the abillity to conflagrate of it, but the conflag button is still colored... unless they changed that recently
    "I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." (Albert Einstein)

Yeah, conflagrate acts like this since it was implemented, you will get used to cast corruption immediately after immolate and then conflagrate