Thread: New raid ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.

New raid ideas.

This thread is to discuss and think of ideas for future raids, it is all hypotetical so please dont post anything about it being impossible to implement. All lorewise, encounter mechanic wise and any kinds of ideas are accepted, even for loot.

Few of my own ideas.
    - Night of the Dragon (pre-wotlk Grim Batol ) CoT raid. (have a thread concerning it so if you are interested about it, check it out.)
    - Scarlet Crusade raid. In my opinion there are too little raids concerning mere humans. The loots would be scarlet crusade styled. Maybe a raid version of all scarlet monastery parts? Tweaking the now existing bosses and add some new ones, and continued (not recycled) lore.
    - A new underwater Naga raid. Propably implemented in some form later and endless posibilities for it.
    - New reign of the fel orcs. I have always liked fel orcs and maybe, we could get a fel orc disguise, similar to the one in Blackmoon valley.
    -Horde vs Alliance raid. A raid instance where we battle alliance and horde leaders. Maybe the new VoA in next x-pac.

Will be continuing on this and implementing new ones.

No trolling, no bad jokes and no arguing please, all ideas are welcome!

10+ Year Old Account
    an addition: Kul`Tiras conquered by the Scarlet (insert marine scarlet crusade "crusade" part here.)

I think the whole retaking of Gnomeragan thing would've made an awesome raid. Could be similar to the lowbie instance. I'm thinking mechanics on the last boss where your tank has to wear one of those gnomish mech suits to tank the boss would be kinda cool, or it could maybe even be a sort of Mimiron style fight. I don't know how they could fit that in as far as lore in the current game, but I still think it'd be cool.

I like the SM idea too. That could be fun. Maybe add a new wing in it for a level 85 raid. They'd REALLY need to make that area neutral/contested territory instead of horde territory though, because it would give alliance raids a pretty big disadvantage if you're fighting over the summoning stone.

---------- Post added 2011-06-17 at 08:23 PM ----------

Also a CoT raid where you go back to Argus and help Velen and his followers escape would be kinda cool. I don't know if there's really enough involved in that story to make a raid out it though.

Deleted
    -Horde vs Alliance raid. A raid instance where we battle alliance and horde leaders.
    Em... I don't even...

Lets keep the faction leader bosses in there home cites maybe. Or what do you purpose the reason is for them being in a raid instance together... Tea party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanille View Post
    Em... I don't even...

Lets keep the faction leader bosses in there home cites maybe. Or what do you purpose the reason is for them being in a raid instance together... Tea party?
    The raid instance could be different for both factions e.g. ToC Champions encounter. And they dont have to be leaders. Just very high ranked warriors or etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    - Scarlet Crusade raid. In my opinion there are too little raids concerning mere humans. The loots would be scarlet crusade styled. Maybe a raid version of all scarlet monastery parts? Tweaking the now existing bosses and add some new ones, and continued (not recycled) lore.
    - A new underwater Naga raid. Propably implemented in some form later and endless posibilities for it.
    - New reign of the fel orcs. I have always liked fel orcs and maybe, we could get a fel orc disguise, similar to the one in Blackmoon valley.
    These three sound like they could potentially be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I am quite sure we will at least see the naga raid at some point. Maybe not yet this expansion though. The Scarlet Crusade one is also possible. But I am afraid we will never see a new fel orc raid.

---------- Post added 2011-06-19 at 02:05 PM ----------

A new idea: Have Scarlet Crusade conquer Kul`Tiras, and the raid would be to beat the Scarlets there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    The raid instance could be different for both factions e.g. ToC Champions encounter. And they dont have to be leaders. Just very high ranked warriors or etc.
    Meh i guess as long as it don't turn into another faction champs i'll be happy.

I think we are in need of a raid full of all the onyixa encounters, maybe leave it 1 more expansion be quite a long raid ;p.

I do like the SM idea though, build it in a kara style would be awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I prefer the Scarlet one also Cool armour full of red and white, how awesome is that?