Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Mind Control and jumping!

I've got a little question about priest's spell: Mind Control.
    Can I still use it to control a character from Horde ( yeah I am from Alliance ) and jump him/her down the cliff in AB or into nether in eots ??
    I remember that long time ago priests could kill players by that jumping, but tell me is it possible now?
    I can't check it ingame :[ ...but i need to know!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    of course it is possible, the real problem is that it likes to break early....
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    OMG EVERYONE IS BANNED.

Deleted
    Yes you can

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by matherl View Post
    of course it is possible, the real problem is that it likes to break early....
    ^ that basically

i always use it on my priest, but most of the time it seems to break right on the edge, nearly every time. but its worth it when you finally jump one off. it works on AV bridge aswell

I thought they fixed it somehow? Like if it breaks just after you jump, they dont actually die (Still works in EOTS)

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, you just have to be quick enough. I believe it only lasts 8 seconds and is subject to pushback now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    One time then i was playing WG and i tried to jump with controlled character from high wall, he was teleported to his earlier position shortly after he reached the ground. Any ideas what went wrong?

It's possible, but it requires set up. Sometimes in AB I'll fear my target and if they HAPPEN to get close to the edge, I'll mind control them off.

These days though, I find it's a great way to piss off healers. If you're not mana burning them, you're silencing them, horroring them, fearing them, or just MCing them while your cooldowns come back.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    I'm pretty sure MC someone off LM in AB doesn't work like you want it anymore. Once the MC breaks mid fall the distance you dropped from resets where the MC breaks thus not killing you because you only fell half the distance from where the MC started. Need to have a much larger distance to kill someone with it. EotS and AV works though.

Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    I'm pretty sure MC someone off LM in AB doesn't work like you want it anymore. Once the MC breaks mid fall the distance you dropped from resets where the MC breaks thus not killing you because you only fell half the distance from where the MC started. Need to have a much larger distance to kill someone with it. EotS and AV works though.
    Still lets you solo cap though. Even if you don't kill them, it has its uses, not to mention the frothing rage you can almost hear from their end.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Still do it all the time. It's far too much fun >:]

10+ Year Old Account
    If you hit the train tracks you've gone to far.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    Still lets you solo cap though. Even if you don't kill them, it has its uses, not to mention the frothing rage you can almost hear from their end.
    Ah true that. If your intent was to just get them out of your way then, working as intended XD

Just get an elemental shaman. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier. Just not as stylish.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xuany View Post
    Ran into this problem dueling friends outside BWD before raid. I was able to get around it by canceling MC right as i jumped off the edge so they still fell enough to kill them. And for me to win the duel of course. :P
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson

I've done it countless numbers of times while leveling my priest. Fun stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not very effective anymore in AB. Used to be a great way to get rid of people, but sadly all it truly does today is buy you a bit of time. Where it used to be best in PvP, it has now flipped and is most useful in PvE. For example: Vortex Pinnacle mobs + CC = Off the cliff you go!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyve View Post
    Just get an elemental shaman. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY easier. Just not as stylish.
    TBH, that's even more stylish. It just looks a lot more badass to see this shaman 'knock' the ground and enemies flying off the edge.
    I'm a reverse solipsist. I know the rest of the universe is real, I just don't have any conclusive proof that I exist.

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    TBH, that's even more stylish. It just looks a lot more badass to see this shaman 'knock' the ground and enemies flying off the edge.
    You know what's even more stylish? Pulling the flag carrier that's been kicked by an elemental shaman over the edge back with your leap of faith.

GOD I love that spell.

Quote Originally Posted by XenuMC View Post
    This method if far more degrading though. XD

I use it in BoT, BWD and T4W hahahahahaha