[Bio] - Terragneon

Name: Terragneon (Dragon), Teherra Magmamar (Human)

Race: Male Black Dragon

Class: Elementalist, Runemaster

Affilation: The Elements. Allied with neither the Horde nor the Alliance (As he is a Black Dragon), but shunned by his own kind (By the Black due to his sainity and unwillingness to participate in the Cataclysm, and by the others for being a black dragon).

Age: Very old (A Wyrm, if you will), old when the first Well of Eternity imploded (That'd be over 10,000 years, if my lore-skills are correct), but not so old as to have been alive with the Titans (He just missed them :/).

Appearance: (Humanoid): Prefers to appear as a very old human (Around 60 - 80), with very long white hair and a very long white beard. He has a very kindly, wrinkled face, with eyes that look like molten lava. Garbed in what appears to be the Earthfury armor, and wielding the Fists of Fury, he looks very strong, not at all for what his typical "age group" looks like.
    (Dragonkin): A very, very aged wyrm, he appears as a towering dragon, gigantic enough to dwarf any lesser being (Not so big as to match an Aspect though), with mottled black, purple, gray, and a few white scales. His horns are curved back, then forward (reminisent of a ram's horns), and are a rich, drak gray. His dorsal spines are black, with the webbing in between purple, as is the leathery skin that makes up his wings. All in all, his appearance gives the impression of a very old, very tired dragon; however, his eyes still blaze with the fires of youth.

Personality: An very old, very wise being, Therazalen is the image of a kindly grandfather. In his dragon form, his deep rumbling voice soothes and comforts, and is the same in his human form. He treats almost every creature with the utmost respect, barring daemons and his own Black Dragonflight, and will protect them at any cost, be they lowly rabbit or kingly lion. He has a liking for the earth and will bed down anywhere, the side of the road, a stream, even a magma filled cavern. He also has a peculiar sense of humor, telling jokes and laughing at things nobody else will get. In battle, however, he becomes a manic, unleashing his rage, and striking swift as a serpent, but also hard as a bear, expertly parrying and dodging blows (Hey, he's got over 10,000 years of experience; In other words, you are not prepared ), all while casting shamanic attacks. He mostly favors the Elements of Earth and Fire, though, using attacks such as Earth Shock, Lava Lash, and Earthquake.

History: Therazalen Magmatooth was born several thousand years after the Titans left Azeroth for the second time. He spent most of his time communing with the Elements (most closely with Earth), and studying the ley-lines as a runemaster. He eventually met another young dragon, Obsidia, and they began to travel over Azeroth together. Eventually, the pair grew tired of their travels, and they decided to bunker down somewhere, in the peaks of eastern Kalimdor(what would eventually become the Eastern Kingdoms).

Sometime later, Azshara and her Highbourne started to go crazy. Malfurion called upon the dragonflights, who came to his aid in the War of the Ancients. Therazalen went, but he asked Obsidia to stay behind, as he didn't want her, or their children, to get hurt. She laughed, said, "I'm going." and went with him.

During the war, it became apparent that their efforts weren't enough. The daemons were to many, the dragons to thinly spread. Eventually, the leaders of the resistance planned a final assault - on the base of operation for the Highbourne, Zin'Azshari. During the battle, Neltharion used the Dragon Soul, an instrument of great power, to decimate the daemonic forces. The resistant forces cheered, thinking it a great victory, until he turned the artifact upon them. Neltharion, now Deathwing, had simultaniously destroyed the daemons and night elf forces.

It was at this time that tragedy struck: During the battle of Deathwing's betrayel, Obsidia was caught in the path of the Dragon/Demon Soul, and was obliderated. While the rest of his flight went completely and utterly insane, Therazalen was able to keep his sanity, for a reason he could not explain; perhaps it was the Elements, or maybe it was the spirit of his dear Obsidia

After the Sundering, Therazalen returned home, to comfort his children and raise them in peace, only to find that his mountain home had been ruptured and devoured by the Forbidding Sea. Wounded by the loss of his family and flight, he resumed traveling the land, looking for a way to cleanse his mind of his loss.

(Gotta keep going with this, but I'm tired, and I don't want to write anything more that's sad )
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2011-05-09 at 10:23 PM. Reason: Changed name

Hmm I like the story so far, but may I suggest altering the name? Just very few black dragons have a 2 part name, most of them only carry a single name. And most of the male ones have imho another sound to them than the very elfish name you have chosen (For reference: Black dragon names). Just a suggestion though.

It's looking good so far. As Khor said though, dump the surname. You've followed the right naming conventions for the first (it should recieve slight altering though, since it sounds really similar to Therazane, but that may just be me), but the surname is utterly useless. Even if it was meant to be more of a title (like with Orcs) than an actual surname, it still doesn't fit dragons in general.

I do have another issue though. Maybe, scrap the Shamanism thing. Shamans generally follow spirituality, as well as the elements. The Black Dragonflight does not go down the spiritualism route. The elemental thing does make sense, but he would predominantly use fire/earthen magic. Ideally, just change the Shaman to an Elementalist, and you're sorted.

Looking forward to the rest, though!

Oh crap, that does sound like Therazane lol; didn't realize that when I came up with it hehe.

There were a few reasons I went with Shaman rather than Elementalist. The Elementalist page on Wowpedia said things I didn't like; He doesn't follow the Old Gods, he doesn't revere elementals, and he doesn't study arcane elemental powers. He isn't insane, so he's shunned by his own kind anyway.

He actually "hears," if you will, the Spirits of the Elements talking to him. Like in the Lord of the CLans book, when Thrall finishes his trials and becomes a Shaman; that's how it is with him.

He isn't a typical Black Dragon; He should have been born a green (For his love of Nature), or a red (For his love of all life), but alas, we cannot choose our parents. He simply deals with how it is.

I'll change the name(s) to something else. Only problem I have is I'll have to delete this thread and make a new one.
    Last edited by Sal the Shieldhog; 2011-05-08 at 08:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or you can pm a mod to change it. : P

Just reminding you that male black dragon's names end in -an or -on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-cleave View Post
    There were a few reasons I went with Shaman rather than Elementalist. The Elementalist page on Wowpedia said things I didn't like; He doesn't follow the Old Gods, he doesn't revere elementals, and he doesn't study arcane elemental powers. He isn't insane, so he's shunned by his own kind anyway.

He actually "hears," if you will, the Spirits of the Elements talking to him. Like in the Lord of the CLans book, when Thrall finishes his trials and becomes a Shaman; that's how it is with him.

He isn't a typical Black Dragon; He should have been born a green (For his love of Nature), or a red (For his love of all life), but alas, we cannot choose our parents. He simply deals with how it is.

The elementalists take a more sciency approach to all that than shamans do, I would say. Shamans communicate with the spirits while elementalists research the magic behind that and use it. Concerning your character Shamansism would seem more fit, but it focusses on Ancestor Worship a lot. That is where the Problem for a black dragon arises. It is difficult. I would go withe elementalist never the less. That is the way that he would have learned it, and if the elements see the good in him and share their power more willingly, i think that is feasible.

And as Ara said if you have a name just PM one of the mods to change the thread title.
    By the way some Black Dragon also go with a purely descriptive name, (Lashlayer for example) so you could go with "Magmatooth" Albeit for very old Dragons it seems kind of off.
    Last edited by Khorianas; 2011-05-09 at 09:54 AM.

Updated the title.