Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naruto & Bleach.

Shijo Saikyo no Deshi Kenichi or the English name, History's Greatest Disciple Kenichi
    Twitter: @heroes_nlegends
    Instagram:@theheroesandlegends
    Email: theheroesandlegends@gmail.com
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/theheroesandlegends
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL7...fNgDq7WERBpY7g

Im also going to say Naruto. The original naruto series is more funny then serious but it needs to be watched to understand shippuden. Its a great show.

Quote Originally Posted by Velynne View Post
    Neon Genesis Evangelion

Also, for a laugh, check out the TeamFourStar Dragonball Z Abridged series on youtube. The voice acting they do is actually quite good and it's damn funny.
    Everyone tells me NGE but I found it super boring when it was on CN many years ago. Also, yugioh abridged is the funniest show ever, by TeamFourStar.

I don't see FLCL on your list OP, fooly cooly was the best completed, 6-episode anime OF ALL TIME! :P

Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is awesome too, watch it. "Monster" is a really great show i've seen recently, psychological thriller...lots of character depth. I'm glad you've see Geass. It's like my new favorite. And if you need a break from anime:

Batman the Animated Series, Batman Beyond, Justice League, Justice League Unlimited, X-Men evolution, Teen Titans, and Batman: The Brave and the Bold.

P.S. Digimon Season 1-3 are awesome. <3

although not finished:
    Fairy tail (been going for some time)
    Deadman wonderland (began recently)
    Dogdays (began recently)
    cardfight vangard (began recently)
    Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn! (restarting soon i hope)

and if you wont kinda old but imo good:
    .hack/ /sign (first in series)
    .hack/ /roots (second in series)
    outlaw star

so far the only others iv watched and liked are the ones that your watching/alredy seen :P
    I am dyslexic and proud to be so.
    so you dont like how I spell ?
    To bad learn to be human or gtfo.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashbubblehearth View Post
    Bleach

They are still making the English dubbed version, but the English sub and Japanese versions are finished.

You must watch this, i <3 Bleach
    By finished you mean done with a major story arc and entering a filler series while the manga gets developed more.

Also.... Durarara!!!! It's similar to Baccanno in how it tells the story but is a completely different and just as awesome series with only one minor problem. Durarara!!! doesn't complete in the same manor as the manga does but it still is very fun to watch.

Ok i just looked at your list and well i can't belive a few others aren't on there.

i'll suggest both seasons of Space Battlecruiser Yammato. (movies too)

and as for macross if you're going to watch the whole thing:

in the following order:

Macross Zero
    Macross
    Macross 7 (i think 3 seasons but i've skipped this myself i should go back and watch these and their movies)
    Macross Plus
    Macross Frontier

Then watch Macross Do You Remeber Love ( While some might say it's just the original macross series (2nd on my list) even tho it is just that it's not quite supposed to be what happenend exactly. It was explained to be a movie that was filmed and produced as a "historical film" after the macross saga before Macross 7.

If you're not going to want to watch all that (wich will take a LONG time. or if you do. i'd suggest Watchign Macross Zero AGAIN right before you watch Macross frontier as there is a bit of tie in with one of the main characters (mother of the adopted daughter is the young girl in the zero ovas).

if you're going to skip most for timesake i'd say then go

Macross Zero
    Macross Do you remeber Love
    macross Frontier

As for the Space Battlecruiser Yamato series i'd say watch the original japanese ones. there is a bit of break in some of the characters between seasons (one dies and somehow comes back in 2nd season but in the american version (star blazers) they say it's his twin brother when it's not supposed to be.

One that alot of ppl din't quite enjoy but i did: Gantz i like that it was original.

also i'd strongly recommend Vanhelsing ULTIMATE (has to be the ULTIMATE version not the other)
    Last edited by Arteous; 2011-05-08 at 07:53 AM.

Madoka....

Last edited by Xleetskeetx; 2011-05-08 at 07:53 AM.
    I accidentally my signature

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacred blacksmith isn't bad its only 12 episodes but its still pretty decent. now one that i very highly reccomend is Inuyasha. the entire series is complete in about 200 episodes and is my faveorite anime of all time. Bleach is second though.

Quote Originally Posted by Naturae View Post
    Yeah, Ghost in the Shell is awesome too, watch it. "Monster" is a really great show i've seen recently, psychological thriller...lots of character depth.
    Only warning about "Monster": it is very slow in developing. There are tons of side characters and a plethora of short multi-episode arcs. While these do help fill out the world that is Germany in the early 1990s after the wall came down, it does sort of drag at times. To give you an idea, Wikipedia has no less than 37 characters listed for the series and it's only 74 episodes.

So in the end I thought it was an interesting series, but if you decide to watch it know you're in for the long haul.
    Last edited by Neichus; 2011-05-08 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on what you have seen, I am guessing you like more action series than romance / slice of life. With that is mind I would recommend the following:

Black Lagoon - Seriously awesome series about a boring office worker who ends up being taken hostage by a group of mercenaries and then joins them because he is bored with his life. Loads of great action and characters. Two seasons complete and a new OVA just started.

Hunter X Hunter - A pretty well made Shonen series similar to Naruto / Bleach / Yu Yu Hakusho. Completed

Fairy Tale - Another Shonen series, but with more comedy. Basically take One Piece and replace pirates with mages and you have Fairy Tale. Ongoing, but it will be one of those really long running series.

RaXephon - A mecha series that is alot like Evangelion. Not quite as much of a mind trip, but still has a pretty good mystery about it. Completed.

Yakitate!! Japan - A series about making bread. Yes, you read that right. But it is one of my all time favorite series. Imagine if two bakers having a bread baking contest was as serious / crazy as fights in a series like Naruto. Thats Yakitate. Give it a try and watch a few episodes and you will be hooked. Completed.

Gundam SEED and Gundam 00 - Mecha series more like Code Geass than Evangelion. Lots of military drama. Each one is two seasons long and are not connected to each other outside of general themes. I liked SEED better, but I know other people who prefer 00.

Hayate no Gotoku! - A parody comedy anime sort of like Gintama. Has alot more slice of like / romance to it then Gintama, but it is very funny. 2 seasons long. Completed until they finally start on a third. The manga is ongoing.

That should give you a pretty good start. Also, if you don't know already, Gintama started back up again. 5 new episodes as of this post. The first one back was seriously one of the funniest episodes ever.

I'd recommend Ergo Proxy possibly if you want to branch out or Kara no Kyoukai. Staying in your comfort zone there isn't much that you haven't seen tbh I'd def recommend Ghost in the shell (watch the movie first then start the series). I also enjoyed Eureka Seven but thats more of a romance / adventure anime. Mushishi is great from what I've seen and heard about it. And of course I'll mention Ninja Scroll just kuz its badass. Also as a last note I just started watching Deadman Wonderland and it's looking to be awesome.
    Last edited by Kamishinii; 2011-05-08 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neichus View Post
    Only warning about "Monster": it is very slow in developing. There are tons of side characters and a plethora of short multi-episode arcs. While these do help fill out the world that is Germany in the early 1990s after the wall came down, it does sort of drag at times. To give you an idea, Wikipedia has no less than 37 characters listed for the series and it's only 74 episodes.

So in the end I thought it was an interesting series, but if you decide to watch it know you're in for the long haul.
    This. I did consider this a filler anime for me to watch in between super animes but by the end, I was totally hooked and completely glad I watched it. I got attached to so many characters who either died or got lost in the storyline and eventually come up later in the the show. In all actuality, i compare it A LOT to LOST in that sense. A character can be there, you find out their whole life story...and then suddenly, they're not there.

I've believe they have just recently started Gintama back up again. Check around on some anime torrent sites.

I really enjoyed Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.

Fairy Tail is good, it's currently ongoing, the same for Beelzebub.. if you can get past the nude baby thing.. eugh..

Soul Eater I very much enjoyed, though there's more int he manga from what I hear, and Elfen Lied is pretty good if you like bloody violence and the occasional bit of nudity.

Also rather enjoyed Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin, also known as Occult Academy.

Definitely recommend any one of those.

Everyone, stop this nonsense.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. You'll think it's a Magical Girl anime. Don't be fooled.

Quote Originally Posted by Xleetskeetx View Post
    Everyone, stop this nonsense.

Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. You'll think it's a Magical Girl anime. Don't be fooled.
    Then I shall check it out when I finish D.Gray-man and if you lie I will break your legs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mushi-shi

It's very good . It's a kind of House meets Miyazaki anime ;P
    Also FLCL!

---------- Post added 2011-05-08 at 08:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Baccano!

You will watch it

you will be amazed

now! Go!
    This too
    Last edited by Porimlys; 2011-05-08 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawci View Post
    Then I shall check it out when I finish D.Gray-man and if you lie I will break your legs.
    It's a SHAFT anime directed by Gen Urobochi. If you don't know who/what those are, well, you will. Just brace yourself for an emotional rollercoaster =x

Also, is Fairy Tale actually any good? I saw a gif a few months ago or something that looked crazy... Dude was pulling weapons out of glyphs that he just popped in the air in the middle of a fight.

I love Fairy Tail, it's got wizards and a good mix of fighting and silliness.